Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 03/21/10 12:03

Striker

Oni Mod Depot

Hello, I would like to submit a modification for Oni, and I noticed that most people here upload their modifications through the Oni Mod Depot.

But, unfortunately, I cannot upload it to the website because I do not have an account there. sad
I would like to register there, but I do not know how to.

Can someone help me register? big_smile

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#2 03/21/10 14:03

Iritscen

Re: Oni Mod Depot

Sounds like you're looking for me, the admin.  I tend to hold people to a certain quota -- if they've only made one mod, I usually wait to see if they stick around and make more before making a Depot account for them.  Depot accounts have a lot of power, as they can edit all uploaded mods, so I usually exercise restraint in making new accounts.

But I hope you'll stick around and continue to make mods.  Most modders start off by uploading their mods here as attachments or putting them on a site like drop.io until they get a Depot account.  I'll be glad to upload your mod to the Depot for you as well.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 03/21/10 16:03

Gumby

Iritscen, he has made a few mods before....
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/s … =797643075

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#4 03/21/10 16:03

Striker

Gumby wrote:

Iritscen, he has made a few mods before....
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/s … =797643075

I made a level 9 script a long time ago, and the Jewels Fix just today.
Gumby, your link doesn't work. It gives me "No results found".

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#5 03/21/10 17:03

s10k
Website

Why don't you change the permissions on depot, to we only be able to edit the our posted mods?

#6 03/21/10 18:03

Iritscen

Because then mods get "stranded" if a user becomes inactive, with only me being able to update those nodes.  It's been helpful to have users like EdT who will update other people's mods.

Anyway, Striker, I'll set you up with an account, watch your gmail account.  Just be sure to follow the instructions on the About the Mod Depot page and elsewhere.

#7 03/21/10 19:03

Striker

Iritscen wrote:

Because then mods get "stranded" if a user becomes inactive, with only me being able to update those nodes.  It's been helpful to have users like EdT who will update other people's mods.

Anyway, Striker, I'll set you up with an account, watch your gmail account.  Just be sure to follow the instructions on the About the Mod Depot page and elsewhere.

Thanks, Iritscen.
I have uploaded the "Jewel Fix", you can download it here.

For more information about it, click here.

Last edited by Striker (03/23/10 18:03)

#8 03/21/10 20:03

Iritscen

Okay, looks good, but this is really a combat animation mod, therefore it should be in the 50000s.  Can you pick a number that isn't used in the 50000s, and rename your package folder accordingly?  Also that would mean the mod's category should be "Animation" on the Depot.  Thanks.

#9 03/21/10 20:03

Striker

Iritscen wrote:

Okay, looks good, but this is really a combat animation mod, therefore it should be in the 50000s.  Can you pick a number that isn't used in the 50000s, and rename your package folder accordingly?  Also that would mean the mod's category should be "Animation" on the Depot.  Thanks.

Oh, I never knew that. Can you please list the numbers for each category?
I had no idea that the numbers mean something, I thought they were there just for recognition...

I have done the things you asked. Check the file now. big_smile

Last edited by Striker (03/21/10 20:03)

#10 03/21/10 22:03

EdT
Website

#11 03/23/10 18:03

Striker

EdT wrote:

Thanks, EdT. I have updated the package, and it's now properly labeled.
It is now available for download HERE. big_smile

Thanks for all the support!

Board footer