Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 03/12/10 21:03

Striker

Blood

Is there any way to edit the "Health" particle texture to make it smaller and look like blood? It would add much more realism to the game.

For example, the "Green" particle that represents good health can be replaced with a small blood particle, and the other ones can be bigger according to their condition.

It doesn't have to have the blood on the floor or walls, just the blood that comes out of the player or the AI when they are hurt.

Is there any possible way to do that?

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#2 03/12/10 23:03

Mukade

Re: Blood

There was a blood mod before, but it was done in paint lol, and it wasn't used as the health condition particle, which is actually an interesting idea. i don't know much so I can't say for sure, but one of the others could probably give you a straight up answer

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#3 03/14/10 03:03

Loser

Blood is fairly easy to do via PAR3D system.

Spawn particle with blood drip image, give it character collision, wall collision, rotation. On collisions make it spawn appropriate decal ( blood splat ) via ONIE system.

I guess it is missing artist what prevents community from actually implementing this 15+ feature into 12+ game ^_^.

Loser

Last edited by Loser (03/14/10 03:03)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#4 03/14/10 14:03

guido
Website

hm... that's a problem.

What if this is as good as it gets?

#5 03/14/10 18:03

Striker

Can't we just use blood texture from another game?
Like Counter-Strike?

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#6 03/14/10 19:03

Gumby

Next AE.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#7 03/14/10 20:03

Striker

Gumby wrote:

Next AE.

big_smile When will that be?

Anyways, can I help out with the AE in any way?

#8 03/14/10 20:03

Iritscen

This release is almost out the door, so the only help we need at this point is from Gumby.  Later on, there will be opportunities for helping with the BGi level (various kinds of modding... it's hard to say which tasks we'll need assistance with) and there will be a general need for coding talent (C/C++) for the foreseeable future.  We'll definitely advertise what the exact needs are when we get there.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#9 03/14/10 21:03

Striker

Iritscen wrote:

This release is almost out the door, so the only help we need at this point is from Gumby.  Later on, there will be opportunities for helping with the BGi level (various kinds of modding... it's hard to say which tasks we'll need assistance with) and there will be a general need for coding talent (C/C++) for the foreseeable future.  We'll definitely advertise what the exact needs are when we get there.

sad I don't know how to code in C/C++.
Is there any other way I can help? Maybe make the trailer?

#10 03/15/10 05:03

Iritscen

I also mentioned modding wink  But once we have BGI somewhat done, we can come back to the idea of making a trailer.  For now, I would recommend getting some practice in various modding -- how to make textures, scripts, etc.  It will come in handy sooner or later, even if it's to work on your own idea (third-party, non-AE mods are important too!).

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer