Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 02/23/10 10:02

paradox-01

Prone Mode (2010)

A few details:
Some of you might know that there was already a prone mode by geyser (dec 2006), but without animations.
This version has animations but therefore other limitations: the prone mode is limited to one player-controlled striker or konoko for each level.
A general problem lies within the available animation types/states. There's no such thing as "prone_run_start", "prone_run_left", etc. So I had to abuse the "stand" stuff in new trac/tram files. The prone character needs shapeshifting* to let you use real "stand" animations again. (* automatical done by BSL)

Here are two videos so you can make a first judgement if you dis-/like this mod:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ro_TSGuvBs (from v1.0 pack)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrvQjvV0OUA (from v1.0.2.x pack)
Download link of the package: http://mods.oni2.net/node/119

How to enter prone mode
   with Konoko: use WALK + RIGHT
   with Striker: use RUN + SLIDE

change log:

v1.0.4 (24.04.2013)
- automatic BSL installation

v1.0.3 (13.03.2010) (a good part modded by EdT)
- adaptions for Konoko
- improvment of STR###_fw_prone_step_lt/rt
- other diverse tweaks in anims and bsl such as better zoom and Konoko/Striker start choice

v1.0.2 (25.02.2010)
- fixed files: TRAMSTRPIS/RIF_fw/bk_prone_step_rt/lt
- added them to TRAC (you can aim now while crawling forward)
- added support for glass breaking moves

v1.0.1, OCF release (23.02.2010)
- changed striker's health level from 40 to 200 (also Konoko had always 200.)

v1.0, YT release (31.01.2010)

Last edited by paradox-01 (04/24/13 07:04)

#2 02/23/10 11:02

TOCS

Re: Prone Mode (2010)

Nice! A little tweaking with the animations and it's there! smile

#3 03/01/10 01:03

Samer
Website

Waw yikes !! this is the first time I saw this post or video ... really great smile !!
awesome job paradox .

if i can help later on tell me smile modifying TRACS for example for other characters.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#4 03/09/10 22:03

EdT
Website

Here's a modified version of paradox's prone mode.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrvQjvV0OUA

It uses all of his moves, I merely created prone version's of Konoko.

#5 03/10/10 06:03

Iritscen

This is exactly the kind of thing this mode is great for.  Just imagine if we were able to add ledge-grabbing to the game, you could get up on more stuff in the environment and snipe from it.  Is there any chance that you can make the highest zoom level look like the first-person scope view from geyser's old sniper script?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#6 03/10/10 07:03

Mukade

Damn, thats pretty awesome EdT, where do you get the zoom levels, did you do that yourself, and is it available for DL?

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#7 03/10/10 10:03

EdT
Website

The credit should go to Paradox, this is his mod.  I merely adapted it to Konoko.  The ability to zoom is already in the BSL.  It should be possible to make the highest zoom look like geyser's version, I'll see what I can do.

I'll make my version available after Paradox release's his, since I'm using a pre-release version.  In the meantime, try the current version.

#8 03/10/10 11:03

EdT
Website

ZoomShot.jpg
From the top of the stairs at Save point 1

To get a higher zoom, use this code in the bsl:

if (zoom_level eq 1)
    {
        dmsg "zoom level 2"
        cm_canter_weapon = 1
        wp_scale_adjustment=4
        gs_fov_set 10
    }
    if (zoom_level eq 2)
    {
        dmsg "zoom level 3"
        cm_canter_weapon = 0
        wp_scale_adjustment=6
        gs_fov_set 3
    }

gs_fov_set sets the field of view, the lower the number, the higher the zoom.

Opps... double posted... sorry...

Last edited by EdT (03/10/10 20:03)

#9 03/10/10 14:03

Mukade

Alright, awesome. Could make for an interesting "Weapons Master" type class, along with the going prone. This is the kinda stuff that'll make flatline awesome smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#10 03/13/10 15:03

paradox-01

Prone mode update: v1.0.3. See first post.  smile

#11 04/19/10 16:04

TheCreature

Problem: I just installed the new Prone Mode, and the installation went well, but when I play the game, it opens up in the training room, and asks me if I want to play as the Striker or Konoko.  When I punch as directed, it quits the game.  When I kick, it says "prone mode enabled" but then I can't get out of the training room, and none of the consoles or doors work.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#12 04/20/10 11:04

paradox-01

I wouldn't play the training level as striker since Shinatama wants you to do a ppk-combo sooner or later...

And for:
"when I play the game, it opens up in the training room, and asks me if I want to play as the Striker or Konoko.  When I punch as directed, it quits the game."

It sounds like you can do punch/kick from beginning. The original script doesn't allow this.
You might have installed prone mode bsl 'onto' another bsl mod. (I coudn't reproduce the game crash and the combo info console still works for me.) Make sure you have the original script and insert the two prone mode bsl files again.

#13 04/20/10 16:04

TheCreature

Umm.... I don't have the original script, unless it's part of version 1.0.3.  Not sure what you mean by installing onto another mod.

I'm not sure how much help this'll be but...

I didn't mean that I'm trying to play the training room, I'm trying to open the warehouse level (where I test everything to see if I like it).  Instead of the warehouse, I start in the training room but without any of the original script such as Shinatama's intro, directions, etc.  Instead it asks me whether or not I want to play as the striker.  If I punch to say "yes load the striker", it crashes the game.  If I kick to indicate Konoko, it says "training mode enabled" and leaves me there with no way out.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#14 04/20/10 16:04

Iritscen

Did you remove the other scripts in the EnvWarehouse folder?

#15 04/20/10 17:04

TheCreature

Let me check..... Um, There don't appear to be any other scripts in that folder. 

Just these two bsl files:  warehouse_main.bsl and EnvWarehouse_prone_mode.bsl

#16 04/20/10 17:04

Iritscen

Then how can the mission operate normally? smile  Those scripts were intended to be added to the existing BSL for each level.

#17 04/20/10 19:04

TheCreature

oh.  oops.  Glad I kept the old files.

Edit in: It's working perfectly now.  thanks.

Last edited by TheCreature (04/20/10 19:04)

#18 04/23/13 14:04

Iritscen

Bump for one of my favorite mods.  It's just so unexpected to see something like this added into the game.  Though I'm curious, why not make it an Addon mod?  You could add the "fork pronemode" into a copy of each level's main BSL file.  As an Addon, the mod will then replace that one main BSL file in each level's folder, thus leaving the game's level scripting intact.  The actual prone mode code doesn't need to be duplicated, either; you can put the prone script in global/ (Macs support that too, now).

#19 04/24/13 08:04

paradox-01

Yea good point of using the Addon flag since it's possible with AE7.

I will not use the global folder: Konoko uses different ONCC through the levels so the code is a bit different for every some bsl folders. The adaption would be too much work just for saving a few bytes. smile

Last edited by paradox-01 (04/24/13 09:04)

#20 04/24/13 09:04

Iritscen

Oh, I didn't know the code differed -- I compared two level's scripts at random and saw no differences so I assumed they were all the same, but those two probably had the same ONCC between them.

Board footer