Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 02/06/10 14:02

m2

AE globalization gets stuck during level6 reimporting

I use a Win98SE OS with KernelEx. ("KernelEx is an Open Source compatibility layer with an aim to allow running Windows 2000/XP-only applications on Microsoft Windows 98 and Microsoft Windows Millennium operating systems.") If I disbale this layer, the AEInstaller.exe won't start. So I have to use it. However, the AE globalization runs fine until it comes to the level6 reimporting. At this point it gets stuck.

Any ideas why? Is there something special in level6?

Additional info:

The "Globalize.log" ends with the following lines for level 19:

Moved file: TXMPlsi_icon.oni
Mov

It looks like it stopped during the process for some reason. The file itself has a size of ~945 kb.

The "Install.log" wasn't created.

The "VanillaDats" folder contains all level subfodlers. Level0 to level4 are filled with a dat and a oni file (level0 has 12 extra ONWC oni files). The other level folders are empty.

#2 02/06/10 18:02

Gumby

Re: AE globalization gets stuck during level6 reimporting

I'm sorry, AE is not supported on Windows 98. It is very odd that it would get stuck halfway through a file write operation, but there's not much I can do about it.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#3 02/08/10 13:02

m2

Re: AE globalization gets stuck during level6 reimporting

I'm sorry, AE is not supported on Windows 98.

Don't worry. I moved my Oni installation to a WinXP environment. AE works fine now.

Btw, the incomplete "Globalize.log" was my fault. It happened after I used the task manager to force Windows to close a process. The real end of the log file reads:

Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level6_Final VanillaDats/level6_Final/level6_Final/level6_Final.oni >> Globalize.log

Board footer