Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/29/10 20:01

63E

A few questions. I'll start with getting my save points back please...

So I was messing around in developer mode  tongue  and I accidentally wrote over my save points @ the TCTF redux. Save 1 is where save 2 is and save 2 is where save 1 is, although interestingly there's a floor where the elevator would go down hmm  I tried to just do what I did to get them like that in the first place but but "S2" would not actually initiate a save. Thus trying out at a different point to see if it would initiate a save and of course that did, over writing save point 1 very close to save point 2. Should I just replace the whole file? honestly I'd like to figure out how to use this feature to my advantage as well as developer mode better.

On that subject is there any easy way to get the added cheats to my game? I thought that would come with the AE, as developer mode is X. But "shinobi", "bulletproof" ect don't work...

Lastly, how do I open .oni files like character files to read and edit them on a mac? I just want to change some of the basic physics like jump values ect.  Would it be easy enough to assign Mukade a spin kick or use the unassigned keys? Thanks guys.

#2 01/29/10 22:01

EdT
Website

Re: A few questions. I'll start with getting my save points back please...

Can you explain in detail what you did to overwrite the save points? 

Regarding the additional cheats, those are PC only, they are part of the Daodan DLL, which is not available for the Mac.

To edit the .oni files on the Mac, you can use AETools: http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … php?id=674

For editing a character, you will need to extract the ONCC of the characters as XML, then in this section you can change the values:
<Physics>
            <FallingVelocity>0.55</FallingVelocity>
            <Gravity>0.06</Gravity>
            <JumpStartVelocity>1.1</JumpStartVelocity>
            <MaxVeloctity>-4</MaxVeloctity>
            <JetpackAcceleration>0.025</JetpackAcceleration>
            <Offset_001C>7</Offset_001C>
            <JetpackTimer>18</JetpackTimer>
            <MaxNoDamageFallingHeight>45</MaxNoDamageFallingHeight>
            <MaxDamageFallingHeight>135</MaxDamageFallingHeight>
        </Physics>

Then you convert the XML file back to an .oni file, then using the package part of AETools, make a package and then use AEInstaller and install your new package.

To give Mukade different moves, here is a tutorial:
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 970#p17970

Last edited by EdT (01/29/10 22:01)

#3 01/30/10 00:01

63E

Thanks that's just what I was looking for. As for the save points I just entered "S1" in the command prompt thinking it would load but instead it seems to overwrite my save points. But then again I'm not quite sure because I can't overwrite back. If I'm not providing enough detail let me know, I'm not quite sure exactly what I did as it does make complete sense to me.

Right now I'm unable to change anything for mukade but I'm exhausted and I did figure out a lot of basic scripting earlier when I could still think on so hopefully I can figure that stuff out tomorrow. Do you know of a command to enter in the bsl files to open or keep all the doors unlocked? I just don't need to deal with all those consoles... or keep using "door_ignore_lock=1" all the time.

#4 01/30/10 00:01

EdT
Website

You could add the command door_ignore_locks=1 to the func void main(void) in the BSL, that should work.

Did you get a chance to look at this page of commands:
http://ssg.oni2.net/commands.htm

Now some of the PC only commands, now, have Mac counterparts.  The list can be found here:
http://wiki.oni2.net/Oni_engine_patches_(Mac)

Last edited by EdT (01/30/10 00:01)

#5 01/30/10 00:01

63E

Thanks. It looks like I forgot the "s" in "locks" when I first tried that DOH!

In terms of adding the twister kick to mukade's arsenal. Should this just be added somewhere?

<TRACAnimation>
                <Weight>100</Weight>
                <Animation>TRAMMOTCOMlt_fw_kick</Animation>
            </TRACAnimation>
            <TRACAnimation>
                <Weight>100</Weight>
                <Animation>TRAMMOTCOMrt_fw_kick</Animation>

In terms of packages, I take it I can combine the TRAC and ONCC into one package? I don't really get what's going on and that's probably why it's not working for me. What happens to the original files? they stay where they are?

#6 01/30/10 01:01

EdT
Website

Yes, you would add that code to Mukade's TRAC.  Of course you would have the closing tag </TRACAnimation> for TRAMMOTCOMrt_fw_kick smile 

The TRAC file would go inside a level0_Animations folder and the ONCC inside the level0_Characters folder.

Since you have Motoko's package, instead of making a new package, you could put Mukade's modified ONCC and TRAC in Motoko's package.

With AE, the original files are overwritten if there is a file with the same name in a package.
So your modified files will overwrite the original files.  However, if you remove the modified files from the package, the original files will be used.

Here is another useful page: http://wiki.oni2.net/Combat_moves

Regarding the save point issue, I have no clue what to do, sorry.

Last edited by EdT (01/30/10 01:01)

#7 01/30/10 01:01

Gumby

You can't fix the SPs. Restart the level. smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#8 01/30/10 11:01

63E

EdT wrote:

Yes, you would add that code to Mukade's TRAC.  Of course you would have the closing tag </TRACAnimation> for TRAMMOTCOMrt_fw_kick smile

Yep  smile

The TRAC file would go inside a level0_Animations folder and the ONCC inside the level0_Characters folder.

Since you have Motoko's package, instead of making a new package, you could put Mukade's modified ONCC and TRAC in Motoko's package.

With AE, the original files are overwritten if there is a file with the same name in a package.
So your modified files will overwrite the original files.  However, if you remove the modified files from the package, the original files will be used.

Here is another useful page: http://wiki.oni2.net/Combat_moves

Regarding the save point issue, I have no clue what to do, sorry.

hmm still not working for me. Do I have to reglobalize? I have uploaded my ONCC and TRAC here, if that helps, but I think the issue lies else where. Can I test it by just directly swapping these files, because when I did that yesterday, nothing changed.

Gumby wrote:

You can't fix the SPs. Restart the level. smile

Thanks, that fixed it.

Last edited by 63E (01/30/10 12:01)

#9 01/30/10 18:01

EdT
Website

I tested the files and the Mukade does jump higher, but somehow, I'm not able to perform the twister kick.  I even changed it to
            <TRACAnimation>
                <Weight>100</Weight>
                <Animation>TRAMKONCOMlt_fw_kick</Animation>
            </TRACAnimation>
            <TRACAnimation>
                <Weight>100</Weight>
                <Animation>TRAMKONCOMrt_fw_kick</Animation>
            </TRACAnimation>

But that didn't work either, not sure why at the moment.

I placed the files in the Motoko package and then used AEInstaller and reinstalled.  One thing, do you have the Daodan Glow package installed?  If so, that's why Mukade wouldn't jump, there is another ONCCsuper_ninja_1.oni file in there and since it has a higher number 56000, it would overwrite the one in Motoko's package.

#10 01/30/10 18:01

Samer
Website

EdT I haven't been able to add the twister kick to mukade either.

also Mukade ( the member ) mentioned it before that he couldn't give him the twister kick.

I think it should be added to the core TRAC or the parent TRAC .

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#11 01/30/10 19:01

63E

Samer wrote:

EdT I haven't been able to add the twister kick to mukade either.

also Mukade ( the member ) mentioned it before that he couldn't give him the twister kick.

I think it should be added to the core TRAC or the parent TRAC .

Thanks for heads up, the problem is I can't even get his jump increased. I know it should be pretty straightforward but somethings not right, I have tried both making a new package and just adding it to motoko's folder (I erase my footsteps each time) am I missing something obvious? It doesn't matter where the folder is as long as the package goes into the installer folder and shows up on the installer?

It would be cool if he could get some more attention, I think he has a lot of potential. The chenille he got was a good touch, but he needs more moves to be on point.

I was thinking of giving him a similar jump to motokos, adding a twister kick, back breaker, crescent moon, tanker's forward kick (throw) and if possible mutant muros lighting where a willow kick would normally be assigned (but thats above me).

#12 01/30/10 19:01

Samer
Website

muro's lightning instead of the willow kick will be slightly harder m working to give that to a mutant konoko I'm making ... u'll have to add a particle to the ONCC. edit the TRAM of mutant muro's bk_crouch and change it into a willow kick.

the jump height should be easy :\

however, the numbers in the physical section can be a bit tricky. I had problems at first too, u can't just increase the max height .. u have to also change the gravity.

compare the physical section with that of Motoko and copy the same lines

u can add a backbreaker easily smile ... to the TRAC here's a table of all the moves
http://wiki.oni2.net/Gameplay/Combat_mo … rce_fields

& tanker's forward kick throw ? the triple knees thingy tongue also u can find it in the table i gave u and add it to the trac ...

remember to add the tgt too for the throws, but I should also point out sometimes the throws don't work perfectly if u face that problem I'll tell u how to fix it.

crescent moon kick should be relatively easy.

u have to edit the TRAM of ninja k_k move as xml and add to it a link to konoko's  k_k_kfw
then add konoko's k_k_kfw to the trac

Last edited by Samer (01/30/10 19:01)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

Board footer