Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#51 12/20/09 19:12

Gumby

Re: What Made You "Fall In Love" With Oni?

No, we can't, the original developers aren't even in the same company anymore, and the owner of the IP rights kind of ignores us. smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#52 12/24/09 15:12

Lithium

Oh right, the techno music made me fall in love with it

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#53 01/06/10 06:01

Morph

my reasons are simple: I played the demo back when i was a kid (well lol, i'm 20 now, but i think you get it). i already liked it, though without the proper knowdeledge of english, i couldn't even use the combat system totally.
so i played the demo 3-4 times back then, and that was it for years.
then somehow someone made me remember the game a few years later, so I got the budget version of the game that was still sold. and that's it. i just loved it. mainly the combat system is what i still love. no other game on PC (dont have consoles) could beat it's melee fighting system. it's just perfect.
and then, when i started using eBay, bought the big-boxed, first release edition of the game smile

Last edited by Morph (01/06/10 06:01)

#54 01/06/10 20:01

Lithium

cool glad you emjpyed the game
too bad i dont have the box thing or the game lol

#55 01/06/10 21:01

Wabisuke
Website

Well, it was long time ago... I was 7/8 years old... Friend's brother bought the game, and we watched him play... After a while, we asked him to play... And it was really awesome..... lol

alice_nine.jpg

#56 01/27/10 18:01

onimotoko

I was introduced to this game about 7 years ago by a friend and I thought it was challenging to say the least. But I stuck with it and after a while I did begin to improve, a little. I personally thought the level in the science facility was the hardest(at least the beginning). But all in all I just had and continue to not see any other games with such a revolutionary blend of hand to hand and gun fighting as Oni.
Everything from the erie soundtrack(at times), to the clean swept streets had and still has a very unique feel.
So with that, long live Konoko and her purple hair.

#57 01/27/10 21:01

TheCreature

I "Fell in love" with Oni a year and a half ago, playing the demo over and over until I started to get bored of it, because I could beat it so easily.  Then I found it in a store last summer, and thought "Oh what the heck, I'll play it."  I thought it was gonna be a piece of cake, 'cause I was so good.  Wound up dying 15 times in a row on level 3.

I love Oni because:  The combat system is totally awesome, and no matter how many times I've played it, it still can challenge me.  Also I'd never played a game with so much story in it; all the games i'd played before were like "3, 2, 1, Kill 'em all!"

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#58 02/01/10 14:02

Void KD

Oni grabbed me from the first time I played it, which was about 9 years ago. Yeah, I was a lucky guy to play it when it was released. I was like... 9 years old, and this was the first complex game I played.

What I love about it: everything. The story, the main character, the other characters, the way the plot develops, the combat system, the sound, the graphics, the weapons, the models, the voice acting, the level layout, the boss fights... it's in my top 3 all-time favorite games.

#59 02/02/10 13:02

Necro Skeletal

It was really a progressive combination of things for me.  I first saw it being played at my friends house, so it has a nostalgia affect on me now.  But I have yet to find another game that combines directional fighting controls with weapons,  which is the one thing I keep coming back to.  I believe it adds to responsive timing when an attacker comes at a direction and you push that direction and an attack button.  Hand to hand is my favorite kind of combat!

C:\duh

#60 03/03/10 08:03

Zaria_klp

Not even bought game twice. I even returned to this forum ^^ (and i'm sure noone remembers me, coz i never posted).

I love almost everything about this game. But most of all - coz of open space. Even if action is inside buildings i still love super big spaces to run around. And i did that alot. Always tryed to inspect every corner of level, reach every floor, room. Maybe some games had it, but it was my first.

And secondly i love, like someone already wrote, to play game again and again with different challenges. Like 'no weapons', 'less deaths', 'one weapon' and so on.

#61 03/08/10 21:03

Striker

When I was younger, and lived in Russia (I live in Canada now), my cousin, who is 23 I believe now gave my dad Oni.
My dad never beat the game.

I did... 3 times.

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#62 03/09/10 18:03

Lithium

Well turns out my sister's friend's cousin got the game from her brother, which he got from cousins that passed away. SO i guess my ps2 game is special. SOrt of

#63 03/16/10 20:03

Morph

Striker wrote:

I did... 3 times.

only 3?

;>

#64 03/16/10 20:03

Striker

Morph wrote:
Striker wrote:

I did... 3 times.

only 3?

;>

Make that 4. I just  beat it again...

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#65 03/17/10 15:03

Lithium

i've only beat it once. I mean my load times are unbearable, its like like like watching movie trailers in between the movie

#66 03/17/10 15:03

Mukade

That bad huh? And oni is pretty old. Kinda sad T_T

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#67 03/17/10 21:03

Striker

oxe161 wrote:

i've only beat it once. I mean my load times are unbearable, its like like like watching movie trailers in between the movie

Strange...Is your computer a Pentium 3 running Windows 95/98 with 300KB of RAM?
That would explain the problem...

For me it takes half a second to start and half a second to load a level...

Last edited by Striker (03/17/10 21:03)

#68 03/20/10 16:03

Lithium

oh sorry i have a ps2 version so its so ssssslllloooowwwwww......

#69 03/20/10 18:03

Striker

oxe161 wrote:

Do you even have a PC?

#70 04/05/10 12:04

zilcon

to me it was that alot of things that really made me like ONI
the art is awesome. 
Love the anime style and futuristic setting.
it made me think of multiple things altogether like. Ghost in the Shell and the matrix
the bad guys look really cool
the game is challenging (even easy mode can be pretty hard)
Liked the combat
there are a lot of fighting moves including super moves even the enemies have an elaborate moveset
pretty big levels.
can kick ass together with cpu allies.
you can freerun and do parkour in the game
can wield weapons and also play sneaky

Static Fist!!! tongue

#71 04/05/10 18:04

Lithium

Striker wrote:
oxe161 wrote:

Do you even have a PC?

yes i do but i don't have the pc game i did get another source but i'd get my ass banned by the cop- I mean mods
also while zilcon mentioned the hard even in easy mode, how was Deadly Brain Shinatama for u guys? I just dont see how to beat her. Also in round 2 the laser passes through the console at at a rate of maybe 5 seconds, and the animation takes maybe 4 seconds, i mean i did my best to dodge it, but i always fail

Last edited by Lithium (04/05/10 18:04)

#72 04/06/10 04:04

northero
Website

hmm I've got the source for the download for oni but can't post it here or I would be making it hard on the mods  wink

You can fool some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time

#73 04/06/10 05:04

Iritscen

Guys, it's only a few dollars if you buy it secondhand, why can't you just bum the money off your parents?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#74 04/06/10 06:04

TOCS

Yea, my brother bought it for about 3$ back in 2005, and that was a newly fresh copy!

#75 04/06/10 13:04

zilcon

it's really hard to find the game
luckily i bought it somewhere 7 years ago and then suddenly forgot about the game and now i'm playing it again
i also had the demo version later on. played that one too and beated it. dunno why hmm

Static Fist!!! tongue

Board footer