Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/27/10 10:01

Loser

Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb

My apologies to Iritsen for being a prick ( Oni's "dark future" and inactive modder posting about modding other game ^_^' ).

I guess some people here know about the aforementioned game. It is a third person beat'em up / shoot'em up. Gameplay mechanics are similar to Oni, I dare to say some of them are what we wish to be in Oni ^_~.

Anyway, retail version of the game is a joke. Enemies easy as heck, bosses as well. So I took liberty of modding this game in the name of more challenging yet more satisfacting experience.

SO

Is there anybody interested in trying out the mod for this game? If yes, only one question is left -  the package is over 60MB, so I don't know how to send it to anyone. Maybe via something like Sendspace / FileFactory ?

Tanbou

Features of the mod:
- revisited damage values from melee ( Indy was overpowered, what a surprise ) and firearms ( they deal less damage than Indy's melee in retail ^_^ , fixed )

-  tweaked hit responses which provides more challenging enemies

- corrected bugs, so AI enemies now finally guard themselves when they have melee weapons in hands ( maybe too well, but whatever ^_- )

- bosses are now really challenging ( except Marshal Kai's boss battle, but that whole ecounter seems rushed together in the last hour before shipping )

- altered levels: no more free ammunition and weapons ( get it from enemies, like Indy does! ), AI is allowed to fully use environment ( was limited in retail )

- cheap tricks are not frowned upon, cheap tricks are now needed to win ^_^

- maybe more?

Last edited by Loser (02/08/10 01:02)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#2 01/28/10 01:01

TOCS

Re: Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb

I've never tried the game, but I might take a look at it. If it's actually better then Oni on some parts, it must be epic! yikes

#3 01/29/10 00:01

EdT
Website

So this is how you've been spending your time  tongue

I just looked and the Mac version does not run on Intel Macs.

Oni is older yet still works on Intel Macs.  smile

#4 01/31/10 03:01

GlenP

EdT wrote:

I just looked and the Mac version does not run on Intel Macs.

Apsyr specs say "supported only on PPC only" but Intel Macs running 10.4/10.5/10.6 include a built-in PPC emulator called Rosetta (optional installation in 10.6) some PPC apps might work, may depend on the graphics though.  I just bought a copy from eBay and will try running it on my PPC and Intel Macs, looks pretty interesting.

#5 02/06/10 00:02

GlenP

FYI - this game does work on Intel Macs.  Just got Indiana Jones & the emperor's tomb for Mac (this older version comes on 2 CDs rather than a DVD).  The CD will not install under 10.4, but there is an updated installer for download.  I was able to install on an Intel MacBook Core2Duo 2.16GHz GMA950 graphics running 10.4.  Played for a few minutes, I need to spend more time with it to get a feel for it, the camera movement is much different than Oni.  Graphics and textures are pretty good.  Looks pretty cool, fans of the movies would probably enjoy it.

Installer Update for 10.4 (not sure about 10.5 or 10.6)
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/g … stomb.html

Last edited by GlenP (02/11/10 23:02)

#6 02/08/10 01:02

Loser

I am glad to see that you ( probably ) like the game, GlenP. Do you think that the mod could work for the MAC version as well?

That said, can you please look whether you have gamedata/meshes/chars/common folder where a bunch of *.csv files is? If yes, would you mind sending me r_human.csv ?

And about the camera - this game has quirky camera since it is a console port. Oni has way better ^_^.

Tanbou

Last edited by Loser (02/08/10 01:02)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

Board footer