Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#76 07/15/07 07:07

azewrath

Re: Screenshots

I don't really have the time nor the skill to edit or add "interesting" dialogs to my pics... So soz if they bore u. Btw, how do u shift the camera angle? I can only do it when i'm performing a throw or special move...

RESERVOIRDOGS - Trust no one... for real

#77 07/15/07 10:07

geyser
Website

DOUBLE-POST ALERT!
The camera angle can be shifted 90° left and right by holding the "lookmode" key (default is V).
In Developer Mode, you can set up the camera manually with Enter and a bunch of other keys.
You can also use the console to tweak a few "focused" camera parameters or use cm_orbit.
If you want followup on this, I would recommend continuing the talk on this other thread:
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … php?id=153

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#78 07/15/07 12:07

Osiris

I call this, "Konoko's bad day". 

-or-

"Maintaining an all-suicide-bomber army:  A cost-benefit analysis"

#79 07/15/07 12:07

Osiris

After the fight at the research laboratory, Barabas kept having a reoccuring nightmare...

#80 07/15/07 13:07

paradox-01

Nice ... boom.  big_smile

The second is a bit pixeled but also funny. -- "Konoko? KonokoS? Waahhh, they are cominnnng!!" hehe

Last edited by paradox-01 (07/15/07 13:07)

#81 07/15/07 13:07

Osiris

heh, yeah... this is my laptop, I can't run it any higher than that without it bursting into flames.... damn thing gives me enough problems as it is tongue

You're from Germany, by the way?  I studied in Bielefeld this semester, right now I'm staying with my girlfriend in Bueckeburg (around Minden) until I fly back in August...

Last edited by Osiris (07/15/07 13:07)

#82 07/15/07 13:07

geyser
Website

@"Maintaining an all-suicide-bomber army:  A cost-benefit analysis"

Impressive, eh? We are a fully trained suicide squad. We can commit suicide within 20 seconds.

Also brings this to mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcjbWhRFwZo
(somebody really ought to do a better version, with fast motion and such)

heh, yeah... this is my laptop, I can't run it any higher than that without it bursting into flames

I think paradox meant the poor quality of the GIF conversion, rather than the low screen resolution.
Surely you're not running Oni in 256-color mode? Then there's no reason for those half-tone pixels smile
(à propos Germany, I'm currently in Stuttgart: nice weather we're having, isn't it?)

Last edited by geyser (07/15/07 13:07)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#83 07/15/07 13:07

Osiris

nice weather we're having, isn't it?

Yep, nice sunset from my window right now.  In my experience northern Germany was covered with clouds roughly 99% of the time.  big_smile

Yeah, it's kind of hideous... generally I would do jpeg but I didn't want it to be too big... what's the size limit on files now?  I remember it used to be around 100kb...

#84 07/15/07 14:07

paradox-01

yes, i have here (in Magdeburg) rest of a nice orange-red sun over the roof  ~dreaming~

about your question

Harry wrote:

Second, PNG should work just fine. The maximum file size allowed is 512000 bytes and as far as I know there are no restrictions on resolution.

#85 07/15/07 14:07

Triak

*.gif weight not necessary less than *.jpg

*.gif is better fitted for pictures with large surfaces of united color, if not, it should weight more than a jpeg with a right compressing smile

#86 07/29/07 12:07

Loser

It is clear now. Even Bungie guys admit that Muro is N00B !

Last edited by Loser (07/29/07 12:07)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#87 07/29/07 12:07

geyser
Website

What did we just say about GIF vs JPG or PNG?
Nice finding... Funniest facing float in all of Oni.

It's great how we hackers don't need to play games to have fun.
We look at a bunch of floats or ASM instructions and then ROFL.

Last edited by geyser (07/29/07 12:07)

#88 07/30/07 23:07

Loser

Another weird picture- this time it is clean-cut broken window.

Last edited by Loser (07/30/07 23:07)

#89 07/31/07 15:07

geyser
Website

I'll dare to respond to that one with my favorite pic:
http://geyser.oni2.net/pics/screenshots/naughty.jpg
It also started with a "half-broken" window smile

Last edited by geyser (07/31/07 15:07)

#90 07/31/07 19:07

Your_Mom
Website

aren't those the same windows?

droid803sig.jpg

#91 08/01/07 09:08

Loser

Geyser, you sure want Konoko to have a boyfriend... whenever possible, you show this pic. But you are right, those windows are same. Maybe those guys want Konoko to "pay" for it but not with money?? ^_^''''

Erhm, some less perverted stuff here. Does anybody know where is written "CHRIS HUGHES No1" in ONI ??? I will post the picture tomorrow, so you can guess until then. And just a hint: try to play a bit with ONI's textures...

Last edited by Loser (08/01/07 09:08)

#92 08/01/07 12:08

geyser
Website

Yes I love this pic very much: brobably the best screenshot I've ever taken (without cheating or scripting).
And I didn't mean them to be Konoko's boyfriends... It's rather like your second idea about the "not with money" smile
Mom's got a point about windows. They are not the same, but maybe they break the same way for the same reason.
(I also feel nostalgic about that picture; it reminds me of the days where I used to actually play Oni, in 1600x1200)

I haven't seen any reference to Hughes so far apart from "Hugh Jas" and the Black Adder (Hughes Black Adder) smile
I've seen references to D. Dunn, S. Abeyta, C. Lee, D. Joost and P. Tamte. They are quite easy to locate, though.
There's some cryptic stuff in Korean here and there, and some other stuff in Xenotron or otherwise "encrypted".
BTW, I'd appreciate if the more Korean of us volunteered to translate the Korean stuff. Thanks in advance...

Last edited by geyser (08/01/07 12:08)

#93 08/01/07 17:08

geyser
Website

Not really an Oni screenshot, but: here are my latest Serious Vehicles.

BikeVanTruck.jpg

Technically, I could record a movie, but there's not much to look at yet.

All three are driveable and quite fun, except the truck (needs tweaking). On the whole it's quite a pain to finetune special vehicles (heavy or fast).
It'll be no problem to add all of Oni's cars (8 different models/colors) since they all have about the same caliber (I count the TCTF cruiser as a car).
The lighter TCTF van should be no problem either, since it'll behave roughly the same way as the syndicate van. The larger van is more like the truck.
I think I'll import all the wheeled stuff and make it roughly driveable (not necessarily fun to race with) before I switch to aircraft, furniture and levels.
Level-specific interactive stuff will also be there (forklifts, cranes). Plus, Yollanda can already do a minimalistic super punch and super kick combo smile

#94 08/01/07 18:08

Your_Mom
Website

Hey! Its the Hugh Jass Truck! but its missing the back portion? You made it into a Tractor-Trailer type haha. Nice.

Aircraft? The assault helis and the VTOL? lolz

Last edited by Your_Mom (08/01/07 18:08)

droid803sig.jpg

#95 08/02/07 15:08

geyser
Website

Tractor: well, of course. It's supposed to be so: trucks don't always keep their trailer. Maybe I'll combine it with the other trailers, too.
Aircraft: yes, and the glider, too. Also, the forklifts are basically aircraft on hinges smile  and the bike is a hovercraft with idle wheels smile
Cars: I tried a car today and it's rather hard to race with. Now I understand why Croteam didn't put any wheeled vehicles in their SS2.

Textures: I still don't know the answer to Loser's trivia above (Does anybody know where is written "CHRIS HUGHES No1" in ONI ?).
I have another trivia to complement it, though. Does anyone know where in Oni there is an object mapped with the wrong texture?
I mean the kind of thing you'd get if you applied the "Hugh Jas" texture to Konoko's bike, or vice-versa: that kind of appearance.
It's actually very interesting since I only noticed it right now. Maybe it's because it only appears for a second in the original game wink
EDIT: Incidentally, such a thing basically amounts to a writing saying "CHRIS HUGHES LAZY BASTARD" in very big letters.

Last edited by geyser (08/02/07 15:08)

#96 08/02/07 23:08

Loser

Geyser: NICE pic. I am glad that Serious Konoko is not dead. Vehicles you say, eh ? That will be interesting. I am looking forward to see levels. Will there be moveable and breakable furniture ??? I know I am weird, but...I just lke that kind of feature. Adds to the fun a lot.

About trivia: Apart from underwear object (mapped with some metal texture) I have no idea...but I will look.
Answer for my question is:  _GLASSMBO texture ( it is mark of w8_mbo shot on unbreakable glass). See the attached picture.

Last edited by Loser (08/02/07 23:08)

#97 08/03/07 19:08

geyser
Website

@ Chris Hughes: an ingame shot would have been more convincing smile
ChrisHughesNo1.jpg

As for my trivia: unlike the underwear, it can be seen in the original game.
And like the underwear, it's in the demo wink  And it's in plain sight, too.
http://geyser.oni2.net/pics/screenshots … astard.jpg

@ Serious Konoko:
Levels are harder to export, because I want to do it the smart way (by using the filename/object groups in the AGDB). I have yet to write the parser(s) for that.
Exporting and importing M3GM is piece of cake as compared to levels. Level meshes are: 1) merged together in a bunch of global arrays; 2) have lots of flags.
The flags are only a problem for import: one would have to generate those somehow (same for the octtree and the pathfinding graph... that's the hardest part).
As for export, collision is handled automatically by SE2, so the only remaining problem is to extract every single mesh from the big PNTA and TXCA arrays.
I think I'll start with the Dream Lab. It's the smallest level by far: very little furniture, and only 5000 quads in all. That's less than two xhigh-LOD Konokos smile
And it has a huge potential as a deathmatch map, with or without melee. It'll be fun to toy around with teleporters, jumping platforms and such... oh boy.

The War(e)House will be next (also an awesome deathmatch environment) and then I don't know... one level is already illegal... what about the whole game?
Technically, with a new parser and some semi-manual work, I can already convert all of Oni's mesh data to the SE2 format before Christmas. Fully playable.
But first, let's look at the vehicles and furniture (basically, every level's OBAN and the OFGA from level0_Tools)... that's already more than enough for fun.
Of course there will be interactive furniture. There already was the road barrier in my previous post. You can knock it over or push/throw it around.
Crates and barrels and containers are no problem at all to add (as well as fences, hangars, towers). It's just a lot easier and more boring to set up.

That's why I'm focusing on vehicles right now. I'll furnish the level in a snap once the vehicles are done.

And the good news is: the cars work fine (the tiny ones).
WhichOne.jpg

"Which one, which one..." AKA "This one looks cute" wink

Last edited by geyser (08/03/07 19:08)

#98 08/04/07 10:08

Loser

Pushable furniture, yessss... ^_^'. I like your Serious Konoko project. Thumbs up and I cheer for you ! BTW those cars are going to be...deadly ??? (you know, van vs human...)

About messed texture: I have noticed it some time ago, but it fits quite well so I didn't thought about it...shame myself. ^_^

#99 08/05/07 06:08

Loser

Look at this picture. Am I wrong, or is it really a WMC (Barabus's weapon) in the HALO3 ?!
I WANT ONI 2 after HALO3 !!! ...*sob*...

Last edited by Loser (08/05/07 06:08)

#100 08/05/07 08:08

azewrath

hell, it could be!!! smile

RESERVOIRDOGS - Trust no one... for real

Board footer