Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/11/10 20:01

Lithium

Megaman Movie

Well guys im not sure if anyone is a fan of megaman, but i'm pretty sure most of you have played a Megaman game at least once. I just wanted to see if anyone is interested in this fan movie being made. Looks pretty good for a FAN movie. So if anyone is interested, here is a trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZo6np1jZ0A

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#2 01/13/10 17:01

Lithium

Re: Megaman Movie

now that i posted a movie topic (i know you guys already made an oni movie topic) have any of you ever played the WHOLE oni game in your head and pretend to see how it would play out as a movie?

#3 01/13/10 20:01

Ridrave

Imma Big Fan Of Megaman Btw, I Play Megaman - megaman 7, Megaman X - Megaman X3, Rockman & Forte (All From Snes), Megaman X4 (From Ps1), Megaman X8 ( From PC) And Megaman Maverick Hunter X ( From PSP).....

And Yeah I Watched The Trailer Already (Abit Retart) But It Just A Fan Based Movie, Are They Really Going To Make A Megaman Movie.

So Wad You Got In Mind?....

mycharactercreation1.gif

#4 01/13/10 21:01

Lithium

hmm...i dont really know i didnt take it too seriously because its a fan movie. But i think it looks decent...decent
and i dont think capcom would want to make a megaman movie...im sure they're trying to avoid it thanks to some movie *cough legend of chun-li cough*

#5 01/14/10 14:01

Phydur

they've made lots of video game trailers, pacpan, tetris,minesweeper, etc.

(i think the mine sweeper one is rather funy. "why are you here?" "i want to make the land safe!" "why are you realy here?" "because im bored!" "and dont you forget it!" lol)

(yeah i know thats not the corect quote, but i like it beter this way)

I intentionally spell dang, dange, FYI.

#6 01/14/10 15:01

Lithium

i dont think he says really, he jsut repeats y are u here
lol but thanks for reminding me of the vid phydur

#7 01/15/10 10:01

Ridrave

Yeah But Dont Forget Resident Evil Movies Still Under Capcom. Milla Jovovich Rox

mycharactercreation1.gif

#8 01/15/10 16:01

Lithium

yea...i think those are the only exceptions

#9 03/27/10 05:03

Bad Religion

I got to see a rough cut of this fan movie at MAGFest this year. For a fan film, it isn't terrible - it has a lot of heart. But as an actual film? It feels like the unreleased 1994 Fantastic Four movie - it would've worked better as a syndicated Saturday afternoon TV show than an actual movie.

The Good:
-Dr. Wily's castle looks awesome.
-The guy who plays Dr. Wily really hams it up.
-There's some video game references throughout the script and visually as well.
-The overall look of the Robot Masters was pretty cool.
-Proto Man is awesome, as is the Yellow Devil.

The bad:
-The script sucks.
-The fight scenes really aren't that good. I mean, REALLY aren't that good.
-The actress playing Roll is incredibly annoying, and she's in quite a bit of the movie.

Of course, some of this could change - it was after all a rough cut. Not all of the sound and special effects were done, which did lead to a few unintentionally hilarious moments. I look forward to seeing the completed version, but we're not talking The Godfather here, you know?

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.

#10 03/27/10 11:03

Lithium

yes roll was annoying. Also i wonder why they had like some fight scenes, instead of an actual shooting battle like Rock always has. and no it can't compete with the godfather lol.

#11 03/27/10 11:03

Bad Religion

If anything, just to change it up a bit and make it so the movie was not so special effects-heavy. The movie has already gone over its budget (what the original number was, I don't know, but I heard from someone else at MAGFest that it's 3 times the size of what it was supposed to be).

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.

Board footer