Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/08/07 21:07

geyser
Website

Flag Viewer

Downloads: http://geyser.oni2.net/OBD/BINA/OBJC/FLAG/viewer/ (not zipped yet, sorry)

Oni's flags are the most common way to place characters in a level when modding.
It's more portable than chr_location (which is not available on the Mac retail and PC demo)
And it's more widely available than chr_playback (there are very few FILMs to pick from)

For information on the binary storage of flags see: http://wiki.oni2.net/index.php/OBD:BINA/OBJC/FLAG
For information on the BSL use of flags see: http://wiki.oni2.net/index.php/chr_teleport
(chr_teleport, chr_facetoflag, ai2_movetoflag, target_set, ...)

Here you can also find "lists" of flags level-by-level: http://geyser.oni2.net/OBD/BINA/OBJC/FLAG/
A previous way to browse those was with Oni Menu: http://geyser.oni2.net/OniTeamArena/tools/

This is an attempt to make the flags conveniently viewable ingame, by means of a simple script.
Actually, there is already a switch variable called show_flags but it seems to have no effect.
The idea was to spawn "as many AI as possible" (typically < 30) and to place them at certain flags.
There is also the option to hide the environment and to draw the BNV (pathfinding) grids instead.
The ID of a flag is indicated by the AI's health. NOTE: Flag 0 is indicated by 10000 HP, not 0.
The AI can be localized using the lines-to-player, or the health tags and highlighted BNV grids.
The thing is useable without the Dev Mode, but the manual camera comes in very handy here.

The controls so far are as follows.
The flags are split into several groups: cycle between them using PUNCH and KICK (FIRE1 and FIRE2 work too).
You can switch from the "normal" view to a view with hidden environment, by pressing CROUCH (or FIRE 3).
In most cases, the flag ID will exceed the base health of the character. CROUCH (or FIRE3) will refresh it.

Upon refresh (or switch) the IDs/healths will be frozen for about a second.
During that time, you can hit F1 or (better) the single-step key in Dev Mode.
While in single-step mode, you can use the manual camera to see the whole group.

Thanks a lot to ZDLO for the groups in this release.
You're welcome to suggest other ways to group flags.

NOTES ON COMPATIBILITY:
This thing uses a number of PC-only variables, the most important being chr_active
It also relies on the digital health display, which only works on PC retail and Mac beta 4.
There is no simple alternative to the health display, so I think we'll keep it that way.

NOTES ON FUNCTIONALITY:
Freezing the health is not an option (the function calls accumulate, causing a Blam).
So it will very probably stay that way too, with a special event refreshing the IDs.
(I would recommend using an edited AISA char, with a base health of 10000)

Last edited by geyser (03/01/08 06:03)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#2 07/08/07 23:07

EdT
Website

Re: Flag Viewer

geyser: Nice!

Works fine in Mac Beta 4.  Tested in Mac retail, works, though without the digital health display (we knew that already)

Actually, just having the flags in groups is great. It limits the number of flags that needs to be tested to find the right location using the Mac retail.

Yes having the health level decreasing makes it hard to spot the flag ID, but crouching helps.

Thanks again.

#3 07/09/07 05:07

geyser
Website

Yes having the health level decreasing makes it hard to spot the flag ID, but crouching helps.

During the second when the IDs are frozen, you can hit F1 or (better) the single-step key.
The manual camera can be navigated during a single step, so you can see all the flags of a group at once.

We might separate the "switch" and "refresh" events (JUMP would be used for switching views, and CROUCH=FIRE3 for refreshing).
ZDLO is working on other levels right now (designing sensible groups). If you can't wait, you can port the script anywhere yourself.
There is a possible issue with flag groups: the pathfinding grid cache. If the overall size of the grids exceeds 256 kB, Oni will Blam.
(that one will be fixed in the next Daodan, but we may not get around to fixing that on the Mac as well)

NOTE: Flag 0 is indicated by 10000 HP, not 0.

Last edited by geyser (07/10/07 05:07)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#4 07/09/07 20:07

Your_Mom
Website

hmmm...so this only works on STATE?
will other level specified versions be released or not?

droid803sig.jpg

#5 07/10/07 05:07

geyser
Website

will other level specified versions be released or not?

Yes and no. Yes they certainly will and no I don't know when.
An ex-OTA-porter shouldn't have much trouble porting that...

EDIT: ZDLO has upgraded the thing with OniMenu-like navigation.
And he has ported it to 2 more levels: TCTF HQ and Dream Lab.
http://zdlo.oni2.net/Scripts/DeveloperMode/
These versions expect you to have Dev Mode enabled early on.
If Dev Mode is off, then you'll be sorry when single_step= 1 neutral

Last edited by geyser (07/10/07 06:07)

#6 07/11/07 21:07

EdT
Website

ZDLO: The table version of the flag location is great, please keep making it for the other levels.

#7 07/17/07 02:07

ZDLO

Half work is done.
Here scripts for 7 Oni levels (1, 2, 8, 9, 11, 13, 19):
http://zdlo.oni2.net/Scripts/DeveloperMode/FlagMap/
(first two levels was added and old scripts was updated)
And here link to the same hmts but separately from scripts:
http://zdlo.oni2.net/Items/Flags/

Scripts keep on auto-single_step mode. So here some questions for someone who use this scripts:
1) Are they did flag searching problem more comfortable or they useless?
2) Do you like script enigine (I mean auto-single_step on)? I can change it anytime in geyser way or in something another, but I like it.
3) Did you have any difficulties with script (read line above)?
4) Did you see a "Blam!" sometimes? smile

Also if you have any ideas about how make Flag Map better please post it here. Main questions still exist: Is there another way to searching script (mem hack, oni level exporting)? How we can improve scripts if not (maybe by using another method of attack)?
Also post any criticism right here tongue

EDIT: I make update for all scripts again. At now you can work under two modes: Free Mode and Developer Mode.

First is set on default and work in geyser way (expect Konoko movement). So you can overlook all groups very fast, but you still need to use Oni Developer Mode to set Free Camera Mode. It's only the one way to navigate. Chars will show you theirs flag ID only for short time. Also its work laggy with my system.

Second way is mine. It automatically set single_step= 1 so its be in need of Developer Mode with which help you will unlock single_step automatically for future work. Chars will show you flag ID for all time while you will unlock single_step. It's good for productive work with one or more groups. I advise it for professional work only wink

You can switch this modes in game or in script (if you like only one way):
Set "nav_mode= 1" for Free Mode or "nav_mode= 2" for Developer Mode. (You will find it at the beginning of script)

PS: Use Oni Developer Mode features for comfortable work (Free Camera Mode and all buttons which concerned with it)

Last edited by ZDLO (07/17/07 13:07)

Unfortunately I become offline at last time.
My english still bad. I'm sorry for it...

#8 07/30/07 08:07

ZDLO

At last you can search for every flags in any Oni level with updated FlagMap!
But its doesn't mean that work is stop. Maybe I will improve navigation, add new features, etc. Your opinion, advise, pretension and especially bug report are welcome. Post it here or by way of ICQ which you can find in any ReadMe.txt file.
Also there are not all htm tables attached to scripts yet. I will do it later specially for EdT as I see.
PS: Please start using FlagMap instead of FlagBrowser for time saving and for exact flags choicing.

Last edited by ZDLO (07/31/07 04:07)

#9 08/03/07 23:08

Your_Mom
Website

How do you use free camera...I don't think its been mentioned...lawlz

droid803sig.jpg

#10 08/08/07 05:08

ZDLO

How do you use free camera...

Well, I thought about this. BTW First question, nice... smile

to Your_Mom: to learn more about Developer Mode go here. It will give you enough information about DevMode features, but there are still not all DevMode hotkeys so I describe all needed at new ReadMe.txt file.

to All: I was update FlagMap to v1.4 so please download it again from here:
http://zdlo.oni2.net/Scripts/DeveloperM … lagMap.rar
It's contain all bsl files for all levels and two txt (For htm see here).
I fixed two bugs (first is serious, secong is located in script engine), repair cosmetic (at now you can see defect only with CMD using (they are generated by game...)) and make menu switch more smoothly. Also I change some groups names. Read ReadMe.txt carefully to understand script features, I hope that I answer on all your questions...

Board footer