Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 12/09/09 18:12

Iritscen

Re: Max and 3d program problem....

dream996 wrote:

what if i just add a little bit of stuff into the level that wont (impossible) be able to block the ai's way

That's not the problem.  Simply importing the level without changing it will still remove the pathfinding grids, breaking the AI in the level.  I don't know how to make it more clear than I have in the past: Level importing does not work.  Do not waste your and everyone else's time trying to do it.  Wait until OniSplit can import levels properly.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#27 12/10/09 13:12

dream996

so you are saying that ,even adding somthing that wasnt blocking the Ai's way
,the path will still be missing ?

i thought EDT said

So in the meantime, you can edit a level model, add stuff to it and then import it back to Oni and run around in it. :-)

and any ....so im just allow to LOOK at it ?

PunBB bbcode test

#28 12/10/09 14:12

EdT
Website

dream996: Yes, without pathfinding grids, the AI will not be able to function normally.  Even if you had a wide open area, the AI will just stand there. The only time they will fight is if an enemy AI or you as an enemy player enter their combat range. 

I meant that you as a player can run around the modified level, just like the Obsolete or Hexagon level.

You can do more than look at the level, you can modify it, change textures, do whatever to the 3D level model in XSI, then if you can successfully import it back to Oni, you can run around as a player in the level. 

But since I have not tried to modify a level and then import it back to Oni, I do not know how to do any of those things. You will have to figure it out yourself.

So until we are able to import levels to Oni with pathfinding grids, you are on your own.

Last edited by EdT (12/10/09 14:12)

#29 12/10/09 17:12

dream996

Obsolete or Hexagon level.

arent they the same?

thx 4 that ,i will try and modify it even u cant add any ai to it  smile  smile

PunBB bbcode test

#30 12/25/09 02:12

dream996

what exactly should i do if there is missing Dll?

PunBB bbcode test

Board footer