Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 05/03/07 23:05

Dr.Genya

Fraps

I have a problem with "Fraps".I can record oni good i think but there are some games i cant rec. normally.While I rec oni with 15-20 FPS, I wanted to rec. Mortal Kombat 4 for what fatalities I can do, and the Fraps rec. it with 7 FPS :S its like a bulls**t. It cant play normally rec. RTS games too. Somebody have any idea how can it be fixed ?

#2 05/04/07 05:05

SektorZ
Website

Re: Fraps

Fraps takes alot of cpu, because it has alot to do for so little time. To make it faster, try setting it to record half-size video, or turn off the music recording. Or choose a different codec.

#3 05/04/07 07:05

geyser
Website

Make sure you use the latest, most optimized version of Fraps, too.
And (!!!) make sure you don't run MK4 or whatever on top specs...
Basically, take the resolution all the way down while recording.

Taksi (freeware) is a Fraps clone that's flexible in terms of codecs (quality VS size).
It doesn't do sound (yet), but people work around that by recording it separately smile

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#4 07/17/07 03:07

azewrath

Do you need a powerful graphics card to use Fraps? Mine's only a Intel Extreme Graphic Card. tongue

RESERVOIRDOGS - Trust no one... for real

#5 07/17/07 14:07

SektorZ
Website

It's not really about the card... if it's slow then change the codec, the frame rate or turn off the sound recording..

#6 07/18/07 08:07

azewrath

Oh, thanks. But if you dont mind, could you elaborate further bout changing codec?

RESERVOIRDOGS - Trust no one... for real

#7 07/19/07 12:07

jhmvr

To me to, i need to know how to change codec.
I record videos with fraps but they get very big and i don't know how to change codec.

Last edited by jhmvr (07/21/07 10:07)

smile

#8 07/21/07 10:07

SektorZ
Website

It should have an option or something to choose a codec, but Fraps should probably stay with it's default one.
If the movies are big just import to Movie Maker, then export in normal quality and they'll get much much smaller.

Board footer