Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 11/18/09 06:11

Jon God

Mod idea, not sure how difficult it would be.

While I am getting to be a bit adapt at editing Myth, I no nothing about editing Oni.

I was thinking about a hoard mode (Gears of War), or Firefight (Halo 3: ODST), or whatever you want to call it style arena fight.

You're stuck in an arena, and enemies keep spawning. Unlike most of the scripts I've seen though, you fight them a little at a time, with them spawning on timers, which could speed up, or run a few at once, so that eventually it becomes really difficult.

Like survival, but perhaps with randomly spawning enemies/placements, to make it interesting.

Maybe also, weapons or pickups could spawn, to make things interesting.

So, is this even possible?

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#2 11/18/09 07:11

demos_kratos

Re: Mod idea, not sure how difficult it would be.

I didn't play Gears of War or Halos but it seems that you mean some sort of Blood Palace (DMC 4)? I was trying to do such thing but I faced the pathfinding grid's problem. AI doesn't want to act normally when there are no pathfinding grid. And locations where grid is present are already boring 'coz everyone were there. We should wait for Neo to release OniSplit that will add grid automatically.

Jente, du er deilig, du er lekker, ihvertfall nå når jeg drikker.
Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?
Kan du si meg det? Jeg er ikke så stø i sannsynlighetsregning.

#3 11/18/09 08:11

Samer
Website

There are 2 mods which are pretty similar to what u're saying

Leus's Oni Zen Garden  which is a great mod what's so unique about it is u can choose which enemies u want to fight the style of fighting ( waves or survival ) u can also choose number of spawned enemies .. whether items will be spawned or not ...  whether they'll have guns or not .. it pretty much covers all u can want in that type of mod .

I highly recommend u check it out, be warned though it's addictive tongue
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1351

& Leus's Survival mod which isn't as customizable as the Oni Zen Garden mod but still quite interesting & fun with some surprises .  http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1296

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#4 11/18/09 12:11

Leus
Website

smile  Thanks, Samer.  I was thinking his request sounded eerily fitting to a mod or two of mine.  smile

Jon God:  I'm working to improve some aspects OZG; I might even have something to show for it later tonight.  Just in case you like it, thought I'd let you know.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#5 11/18/09 17:11

Jon God

I saw a video of Zen Garden on youtube, which is what gave me the idea, along with the mod I made for myth.

Zen garden looked a little too actiony, I was thinking more along the lines of always fighting things, but never being like more then triple teamed. Rather then fighting a ton of enemies at once, you fight only a few but the number keeps increasing, so it gets harder the longer you play.

This could be possible in Zen Garden, as I haven't tried it yet. I will though.

Jon-God.jpg

#6 11/18/09 18:11

Leus
Website

It's possible, you decide how many enemies you are fighting at once.  Also I've started development on a survival mode like you were talking about that starts off easy and increases indefinitely in difficulty, but there's a minor bug like the fact that if two of the same guys spawn at the same time they might fight each other.  However, I have a theory of how to get around that, just gotta get off my ass....or stay on my ass, I guess, and fix it.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#7 11/18/09 23:11

Jon God

Heh, I will be sure to download it. smile

I really should learn how to edit Oni.

Jon-God.jpg

#8 11/18/09 23:11

Mukade

check the oni wiki and look for BSL tutorials, very useful kickstart

oni2.wiki.org i think

Last edited by Mukade (11/18/09 23:11)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#9 11/19/09 06:11

Iritscen

*sigh* You could have just looked at the link in the forum header, instead of making up a URL

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#10 11/19/09 10:11

Samer
Website

see Leus the video doesn't do it justice tongue as I said before ... u should make a video showing all the possible options  smile that's what makes it so unique ...  smile

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

Board footer