Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 11/11/09 16:11

Shade

Adding own effects to Oni?

Is this even possible? Adding your own Oni affects to the game if your making your own script? I'm just wondering to see if this sounds possible. Like changing the Doadans Power color, etc. Does this sound possible to you? If so how can you pull it off?

#2 11/11/09 16:11

Leus
Website

Re: Adding own effects to Oni?

Totes McGotes possible.

I dunno how though.  Lol.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#3 11/12/09 02:11

paradox-01

You can do it if you really want to. What modding experiences do you have, Shade?

#4 11/12/09 13:11

Samer
Website

sure shade ! I gave Casey a blue chenille Kojiro a green one and green move trails ... The Grey Fury has a special really good looking chenille by Gumby and Paradox .

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#5 11/12/09 23:11

Mukade

I've seen tons of stuff to do with particles etc... yes, it is very possible and done many times smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#6 11/17/09 19:11

Shade

paradox-01 wrote:

You can do it if you really want to. What modding experiences do you have, Shade?

I've used to do modding for a Zelda Ocarina of Time fan site. Where you can mod stuff within the game, etc. I've also been learning the scripting from the Oni Wiki to make Oni scripts. Though I havent been getting around to it because I don't have a computer and game at the time. I'm also been busy looking for jobs and I've been busy with school too. So I've been threw a very busy week.

#7 11/18/09 09:11

paradox-01

Hm, you learned already some bsl stuff, okay. That might be useful later when want to script something for your modified character.
I recommend to follow this little tutorial to make yourself familiar with file converting and AE packages, it's just basics but enough to continue with actual xml editing. Simply report here again when you're done with it.

Last edited by paradox-01 (11/18/09 10:11)

Board footer