Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 11/05/09 11:11

Leus
Website

Oni Zen Garden (VERSION 2)

Alright, I can't contain myself anymore.  This is the new mod I've been working on.  It was originally called the Random Fight Generator, but as I started adding more features and biding my time, I realized it was kind of turning into a "Sandbox" mod where you could do a lot of different customizable stuff.  On top of that, the "main feature" so far (the Random Fight Generator) seemed to promise endless satisfaction by way of unending and ever-changing Oni combat.  Because of this I thought about calling it "Oni Zen," but I felt like that downplayed the array of features it offers.  Then I realized:  "Hey.  Zen gardens pretty much ARE sandboxes!"

Thus.

(Plus OZG are cool letters I feel.)

Hope you guys enjoy.  I plan to continue to improve this as time goes on.  If anyone has any suggestions/critiques please go for it.

P.S.:  Here's a demo video I made of it emulating the unfinished "Burly Brawl" mod I saw on Irit's YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZu_IxITGJI

Edit:  Readme added.

Edit 11/13/09:   VERSION 2

Makes characters' names all lowercase and removes underscores.  Unfortunately, the ability to spawn enemies by typing their name is no longer available; too many problems with it and my new system for spawning which is much more convenient to utilize and edit doesn't support the old manual enemy-spawning method anyway.

Also added random weapons and powerups to all characters and a new spawn mode type--Survival--which is spawns enemies in waves of endlessly increasing difficulty.  Needs some fine tuning to be sure.  Also, I plan on developing an RPG-style level-up system to go with this survival spawn mode when the new daodan.dll is released.

Survival and all wave modes now switch all enemies to the Syndicate team.  A known bug with this is that if two of the same non-syndicate enemy are spawned, they will likely fight each other because only one gets called to change teams.

Hmmmmm....  I may have sudden inspiration about how to fix that.

Nope.  smile  Didn't work.  Oh well.  Once the daodan comes out, that should be easy, too.

Anyway, I'll be working on a new system for manually spawning all enemies, but in the meantime you can simply turn them on/off and type "add" and it should work just as well, as usual.

Enjoy.  smile  And let me know any bugs or critiques or general feedback or glowing praise you may have.  smile

sleep(leus, forever)

Last edited by Leus (11/13/09 06:11)

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#2 11/05/09 12:11

Unit 2

Re: Oni Zen Garden (VERSION 2)

A sand box, eh? I've always wanted this in Oni, trying it now...

EDIT: Wow, this is fun! Does it randomly pick enemies that you have installed to fight? I just fought Motoko and then Edt's sentry!

Last edited by Unit 2 (11/05/09 12:11)

#3 11/05/09 12:11

Iritscen

Looks cool, will have to see the extent of what it can do.  Reminds me of Gumby's Konoko vs. World script.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 11/05/09 13:11

Leus
Website

Unit2:  It actually randomly picks units from my personal selection, which is pretty much all the characters and custom characters minus the old BGI.  So if it tried to spawn a character that you didn't have installed, I think what would happen would be that an enemy just wouldn't be spawned so you'd have to type "add" again to get the enemy count back up to what it was before it tried to spawn the character you didn't have installed.

Irit:  Yeah KvW is probably ultimately more powerful at the moment, but I could never figure it out and I feel like this system is more convenient, plus it has the random fight generator which I feel is a nice asset.  smile  (Not to try and dismiss KvW, Gumbs. wink Each has their own benefits IMO.)

Edit:  Oh, and thanks, guys.  smile

Last edited by Leus (11/05/09 13:11)

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#5 11/05/09 15:11

Samer
Website

Leus where should I put the bsl :S ? there isn't a readme with it ^_^

EDIT : mm ok rooftops .. :\  I didn't see the video first

Testing

Looks really interesting but when i spawned Casey- shinbot and the BGI agent it blamed

u apparently put much hard work into it

good job Leus ^_^

I'll fully test it later smile

Last edited by Samer (11/05/09 15:11)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#6 11/05/09 15:11

Leus
Website

Whoops.  I'll re-upload it with a readme.  I thought I had one, but they're called "roof_ozg_xxx.bsl" and I mentioned in the package info so I guess I forgot the official readme.  I'll make one then edit this post and the first one...  Sec...

Edit:  Yeah, I don't know what's up with that and it's pretty disappointing; I was kind of hoping it would only by a problem for me.  But whenever I try to manually spawn a few specific characters, it usually blams or freezes.  I hope someone knows what the deal is there.

P.S.:  Readme added.

Last edited by Leus (11/05/09 15:11)

#7 11/05/09 15:11

Leus
Website

A thing you could do to bypass that though is to, for your example, type "alloff" then "Agenton" "ShinBoton" and "Caseyon" and then just hit add a couple times...  But then multiples of one character might come up......  So you could type "pause" just to keep things in order, then "alloff" then "Agenton" then "add" then "alloff" then "ShinBoton" then "add" then "alloff" then "Caseyon" then "add" then "unpause" and it should work rofl.  Obviously this is not desirable though and I wish it would just work the other way.

#8 11/05/09 16:11

Gumby

I can't blame you for not understandng KvW. It is seriously messy code. smile This looks good.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#9 11/05/09 16:11

Leus
Website

smile  Thanks.

#10 11/05/09 23:11

Mukade

Gimmie a sec to post this on the Mod Fair forum, looking forward to trying it big_smile

and in the video you posted on BB why does Mai have trails on all her moves >_>

yay! i love it, i've only had time to try out the one enemy at a time, but i took a peak thru the help command and it really is a great thing, essentially a GUI in-game, create your own battles etc, very well thought of

Last edited by Mukade (11/05/09 23:11)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#11 11/06/09 06:11

Samer
Website

ok Leus I didn't fully appreciate this yesterday as I didn't explore all the options

but now that I did, I have to change the"good job" to AMAZING !

very very nice and very useful to me when creating and testing new characters vs other characters

I played it with freeon & agenton & bosses big_smile I finally had a chance to fight against the Bgi agents tongue YAY !!

loved how u thought of everything from music to whether guns are used or not

This is really really fun and it won't get boring bec u can always play it differently tongue !!

well done ^_^ !

a question big_smile (I don't know if u can answer it ) can i add it as an additional level and still keep the rooftops ?
if yes, how :$ ?

this is your best Leus big_smile u're the mod fair winner for me tongue ,  but I have to say the video didn't do it justice to show it's full potential tongue Big + for u mister ^_^

EDIT: one thing I noticed when i spawn 2 enemies at same time sometimes they fight each other tongue Motoko and casey left me and fought each other tongue also the agent and motoko - konoko and muro - agent and barabus etc ...

is there a way around this to make them both attack me ^_^ ?

also about allies \ teamates
when u join a team if a character from the same team remains when other enemies die... the next round doesn't start ^_^ (if u're playing the wave mode, they are considered an enemy)

and blam the sentry is bad ass tongue !!!

ok I'm going back to play it now tongue

Last edited by Samer (11/06/09 07:11)

#12 11/06/09 06:11

Samer
Website

and I don't know how this happened at 1 point tongue

Capture%20026.jpg

#13 11/06/09 11:11

Samer
Website

Mukade wrote:

and in the video you posted on BB why does Mai have trails on all her moves >_>

@Mukade there's a package that adds the move trails to the moves; quoting from the "User Created Packages Thread" :

love_Oni wrote:

This is ONIrules' mod. I converted it to packages.

http://mods.oni2.net/system/files/52200 … ails.r.zip

Read about the mod here: http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … php?id=628

#14 11/06/09 12:11

EdT
Website

Leus: Awesome mod!  Using the console to enter options is a stroke of genius!  How did you ever think of that?

Best of all it works on the Mac, based on my limited testing.  However, there is one feature that will not work.  That is entering the names of the enemies.  On the Mac engine, we cannot enter uppercase letters in the console.  So Red_Ninja will not work, but red_ninja will work.

I agree with Samoko: Best mod of the Fair!

#15 11/06/09 13:11

Leus
Website

big_smile Thanks guys.

Samoko:  Basically the best you could do would be to have an ORIGINAL and OZG folder in the roof folder and just keep all of the files you're not using in the extra folders.

And yeah, all those enemies you're talking about are on different teams from each other.  I was really trying to think of a good way to be able to change that in-game, but I feel like I'd have to add like 150 new variables to be able to do that effectively.  Or at least 50 anyway, actually.  And I'd have to re-vamp the whole enemy bsl, but I'm probably gonna have to do that eventually anyway, so I'll think about ways to modify the characters' teams.  For now you could just pause it and use chr_changeteam on them, I suppose.

And I'll also try and figure out a way to make wave mode progress if only you and your allies are left standing, and only spawn enemies.  I didn't think about wave mode with allies.  smile  My script's versatility is exceeding even me.  Lol.

EdT:   big_smile I dunno man.  Just seemed like the most logical thing.  I'm surprised not to have seen it before honestly.

And yeah I was thinking about re-naming all the characters.  One day I'll just have to go through and do it.  It'll be pretty tedious but overall will make the script better I think.

But the adding specific characters function seems to crash the game right now anyway; not sure why.  So, I should probably try and figure that out.

Anyway, thanks again guys.  Glad you're enjoying it.  smile

#16 11/06/09 13:11

Samer
Website

I don't know bsl :$

but is there like something that says if Konoko team is "no team" tongue make all other spawned characters on same team tongue ... then if she changes team they go back to their default teams so some will be her allies and some enemies.

I will try the chr_changeteam ^_^ thanks I wasn't aware of that command

Good luck Leus smile

new characters will be joining them soon ... hopefully wink

#17 11/06/09 14:11

Mukade

you really should take some time to get to learn at least basic BSL, it's really easy, and quite useful

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#18 11/06/09 15:11

Mukade

lol, finally getting a chance to fight all those new enemies that i hadnt before, sentry bot, Shinbot and Shinitama Too all kicked my arse hmm

#19 11/06/09 15:11

Samer
Website

maybe I should tongue but with uni stuff and the characters I want to make no time left neutral
maybe in summer tongue

did u see the particle trail package btw ?

#20 11/06/09 15:11

Samer
Website

How about Casey wink ? did he kick ur a... too ^_^ ? tongue

#21 11/06/09 15:11

Mukade

havent downloaded it yet, but i saw the link ye, i havent encountered casey yet, but he's slower and ill have no problem with him smile sentry was just ridiculous, shinbot has lots of throws and i just couldnt hit shinitama too tongue

do the trails work for all characters or just Kon?

#22 11/06/09 15:11

Samer
Website

all characters ! actually that might have something to do with why my agents didn't have trails with u ... maybe they need that package don't know .

u'll be surprised with casey tongue he's as fast as muro btw ^_^ and his dodges are more effective ...
(version 2) & he has more throws than konoko or shini bot tongue

Last edited by Samer (11/06/09 15:11)

#23 11/06/09 18:11

Mukade

hmm, maybe ill make another mod soon, i have an idea smile

#24 11/06/09 20:11

Leus
Website

Awesome.  smile  I love the modding spirit of this forum.

#25 11/06/09 22:11

Mukade

@Leus, ive been playing the mod more, on teams with about 6 AI total, its kinda fun cause you have to fight to balance the teams, it makes a challenge and i dont have to be gang beat by all of them, and on teams

one bug ive seen, is that Muro stills spawns when i turn bosses off, maybe you forgot to put him in there, should be a minor fix, if you manage tell me how and ill modify the BSL myself

@samoko, i tried the mod, but its too laggy sometimes, not relly worth it sadly sad it looks cool tho, especially PPKKKK

Board footer