Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 11/02/09 22:11

EdT
Website

Sentry Droid Mod - Released

The Sentry Droid is an aggressive and powerful guard with deadly accurate weapons.

senty.jpg

Here's a video of the Sentry in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLl9FAoujIs

Get it here:
http://mods.oni2.net/system/files/21200SentryDroid.zip

Requires the installation of Anniversary Edition.

Note: The Sentry does not actually fly, so it will not go over any obstacles such as crates.  You have to "jump" over them.

Edit Updated this post to release the Sentry Droid package.

Last edited by Iritscen (11/04/09 09:11)

#2 11/02/09 23:11

Leus
Website

Re: Sentry Droid Mod - Released

Damn that looks badass.  How'd you get it to move so fast?  Or does it just look like it is 'cause of the whole no body thing?

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#3 11/02/09 23:11

EdT
Website

Leus: You can change the velocity of the TRAMs, so I increased its speed.  Any ideas on how it can be used in a script?

#4 11/02/09 23:11

Leus
Website

Awesome!  I was tellin' Samoko it'd be awesome if he could make my Hydra character super fast 'cause of her hydraulic leg modifications but he said he didn't know how to speed up the animations.  Is it just a setting in there?

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#5 11/03/09 00:11

Mukade

to quote Leus: bad-ass EdT.... it looks excellent grat model and texturing big_smile

and by script, do you mean it doesnt have any sort if AI or combat logic?

Last edited by Mukade (11/03/09 00:11)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#6 11/03/09 00:11

Leus
Website

I gotta wait now to release my mod because I totally want to include this character.  smile

#7 11/03/09 00:11

Mukade

wewt! it even falls to the ground when itdies and blows up big_smile and you change the plasma rifle firing particles (or was that a previous project i didnt know about?) anyways, thats epic work

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#8 11/03/09 00:11

EdT
Website

Leus:  You have to change the velocity of each frame in the TRAM, but you should be able to get Hydra to run faster.

Mukade: I found the model on Turbosquid and modified it.  That reminded me, I need to get the permission of the creator before I can release the mod.  Let's hope I get it.

#9 11/03/09 00:11

Leus
Website

It's not like you're selling it anyway.

#10 11/03/09 01:11

EdT
Website

Mukade: I used some of the plasma rifle particles for this mod and just changed the color of it.  I was thinking of a creative way for it to explode. Its partly based on the Mac Bomber, instead of the countdown, I used fire particles to make it look like the droid was burning before it exploded.

Regarding the script, I meant a bsl script, where you set up a situation to fight the sentry.  In the movie, I just spawned the AIs and they fought on their own. :-)

Leus: In the readme for the model, it stated that it cannot be redistributed without the consent of the creator.  So I want to respect it.  Anyways, if I get permission soon, I can send you the current package, so you can use it in your mod.

I haven't given much thought as to how this AI fits in the world of Oni, I just wanted to make something unique.

#11 11/03/09 01:11

Leus
Website

I think it totally fits.  Anyone could be employing that as a defense mechanism.  smile

#12 11/03/09 01:11

Leus
Website

Dude you know what would be a badass boss?  Someone with the ability to like "manipulate time" but really just activate like a sped up version of the TRAMs so everything she did was suddenly like super quick sometimes...  Or just quicker than usual.

Or just a super fast enemy, might be fun to fight.

#13 11/03/09 01:11

Gumby

Leus wrote:

Dude you know what would be a badass boss?  Someone with the ability to like "manipulate time" but really just activate like a sped up version of the TRAMs so everything she did was suddenly like super quick sometimes...  Or just quicker than usual.

Or just a super fast enemy, might be fun to fight.

Well the way to do it would be to activate slowmo, then change his class to a class with quicker TRAMs. (Yes, I've thought of this already. :>)

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#14 11/03/09 01:11

Leus
Website

Lol damn.  Great minds.  smile  I give us credit.

We should totes do that though.  Maybe if I figure out how to do junk like that I'll try.

#15 11/03/09 01:11

Gumby

You would need to run all of the animations through XSI, which would be a pain in the butt. neutral

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#16 11/03/09 06:11

Samer
Website

@ Edt that is so awesome !! big_smile wow the lasers look so cool D: !!! as a playable character will it be able to shoot the lasers too big_smile ?

I might need ur help later with speeding the TRAMs :$ is it done using xml or xsi ?

also mm remember the joint story Leus ? the dream lab where we said Konoko fell through the floor and fought all kinds of robots (they were shini's but we can alter tongue) do u think it can make an appearance there ?

and I also think it makes a great BGI creation since technology is their thing ! and would make a nice enemy in a future BGI script ... or the science prison ! big_smile

I love new characters ^_^ !

can hardly wait till its release smile

EDIT: and the way it fell looked so natural D: and nice explosion big_smile really inspirational ^_^ gave me several idea for new characters tongue

Last edited by Samer (11/03/09 06:11)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#17 11/03/09 09:11

EdT
Website

Samer: The fall of the sentry uses Konoko's knockdown TRAM, I didn't have to modify it at all.  For all the sentry's TRAMs I edited them in xml.  Basically, I set the rotation of all the bones to 0 during the animation, adjusted the pelvis height for its movement up and down and set the velocity at a higher rate.

The sentry's body is the pelvis bone and the rest of the bones I hid them inside the body, except the right foot which extends to the ground. This was needed so that when the sentry jumped it will land correctly. The engine detects the collision between the foot and the ground.  Gumby helped me with this.

As a playable character you can fire those lasers or pickup any aother weapon and use them.  Its kinda funny, seeing the sentry carrying a pistol  smile

Now to speed up an existing TRAM, I haven't tried that.  But what I think will happen is if you increase the velocity of a running TRAM, the AI will move forward faster but the actual movement will remain at the same speed.  Because in a TRAM there are a number of frames that has to be played and each frame takes a specific time to play and I don't think you can change that.  So I'm guessing to speed up a TRAM, you will have to reduce the number of frames in the TRAM, either in XSI or manually in xml.

I was hoping this mod will encourage others to think outside the box and try something different.

#18 11/03/09 11:11

Leus
Website

So since its right foot extends to the ground, does that mean a leg sweep will hit it?   neutral

#19 11/03/09 13:11

dream996

looks like that think from ghost in the shell...i got one of these model  big_smile   really looking forward to it big_smile or btw could u get the iron demon working /?

PunBB bbcode test

#20 11/03/09 14:11

Leus
Website

Lol classic dream.

#21 11/03/09 15:11

Mukade

Leus wrote:

So since its right foot extends to the ground, does that mean a leg sweep will hit it?   neutral

i guess it would wouldnt it lol
does it EdT?

anyways, yes EdT this could definatly inspire out of box thoughts smile
and i also respect your choice to ask permission, i probly wouldnt have thought of it myself tongue

Last edited by Mukade (11/03/09 15:11)

#22 11/03/09 15:11

EdT
Website

WOOT! Got permission to use the model!

I did a quick test and the leg sweep doesn't hit the foot of the Sentry, since the foot is very tiny.

Leus: Check your PM

dream996: Someday, we're waiting for an update to OniSplit that should make it easier to get the Iron Demon working.

#23 11/03/09 16:11

Mukade

thats great EdT big_smile
your little sentry droid gave me some of the inspiration/motivation i needed to start working on that troop transport of mine

#24 11/03/09 17:11

Unit 2

Ohh, I'd love to play as this little thing!

#25 11/03/09 20:11

EdT
Website

I decided to release the Sentry Mod early.   big_smile

Here's the link:
http://mods.oni2.net/system/files/21200SentryDroid.zip

If you want to improve the Sentry in any way, feel free to do so.

Last edited by Iritscen (11/04/09 09:11)

Board footer