Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 11/02/09 09:11

Leus
Website

Shin's New Shoes (NEW MOD)

Just a simple mod slightly altering the final battle in TCTF HQ II.  I thought this was a good idea until I read everyone saying that they thought this part was the hardest part of the game originally.

Oh well.

Edit:  There it is!

Edit edit:  WTF.

Last edited by Leus (11/02/09 12:11)

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#2 11/02/09 09:11

Iritscen

Re: Shin's New Shoes (NEW MOD)

Where is it?  tongue

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 11/02/09 10:11

Leus
Website

DAMNIT!

Lol.

Edit:  I dunno what the hell just happened but it's up now.

Last edited by Leus (11/02/09 10:11)

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#4 11/02/09 12:11

Leus
Website

NOOOO!

I was ACTIVATING the final console after having started the battle with full health no hypos...

#5 11/02/09 12:11

Iritscen

Ow.  I guess now you know what it feels like to be a Commguy who just made it to a console to alert his buddies, and had a chick run up behind him and break his back while he tried to use it :-)

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#6 11/02/09 13:11

Leus
Website

I have a whole new perspective.

#7 11/02/09 14:11

Samer
Website

what is it big_smile ?
Does it have to do with shini bot big_smile ?? I don't have time to test it sad so what is it tongue

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#8 11/02/09 14:11

Mukade

that is one MEAN mod Leus.....

---cant get past the first two consoles on hard
---has no hypos

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#9 11/02/09 14:11

Unit 2

Wow, this is quite fun - I beat her and thought it was fairly easy, but then...
Good thing I have a VDG, a bit of a shield, and hypos!

Last edited by Unit 2 (11/02/09 15:11)

#10 11/02/09 15:11

Samer
Website

that was fun ^_^ hehe my shini kicks ass tongue that's how i raised her tongue

but too hard Leus tongue !! i have a suggestion .. when the laser is triggered instead of the turrets shooting can u make it spawn an additional shini or 2 tongue ^_^ makes the fighting bit more enjoyable and less impossible tongue but great idea ! ...

I must admit I never thought of adding shini there though it makes perfect sense !! I always thought she belongs in dream level ...  nice one Leus ^_^ loved the way they're spawned too...

( i wanted to do a mod where the custom characters are bosses in random levels I thought kojiro would be in the airport instead of the 2 red strikers ( where the palne is ) but defeated not killed and casey as a boss in the final room of training level tongue she has to defeat him to finish training and the grey fury in the final save of atmospheric exterior the chiefs in the sc prison lab right after Kerr dies tongue ... and motoko guarding shinatama in the atmospheric interior instead of the red fury.

Would u like to do that ^_^ together : NewBossFights package

#11 11/02/09 15:11

Leus
Website

That sounds pretty rad, not gonna lie.  smile

I dunno about the whole Motoko as a syndicate troop thing though.  I dunno if that should be necessarily true.  I mean you should def have to fight her, but I dunno.  Her character in Ghost in the Shell wouldn't imply syndicate imo.

#12 11/02/09 15:11

Mukade

and it all makes sense >_> yeah, i'd be willing to help with a few of those myself

yeah Leus it's kinda hard juggling a kickass Shinibot, hitting consoles, dodging lasers and turrets all at the same time, especialy when she throws you in... all on ahrd mode, but if it were just battling shinibots that wouldbe cool. And it would still make sense, shinitama would be like a central proccessing unit controlling all the shini units, it would be harder to do, but it would make sense

yeah, i think grey fury shouldbe guarding shini

Last edited by Mukade (11/02/09 15:11)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#13 11/02/09 15:11

Leus
Website

It is hard but the original is so easy I just feel like this makes it more balanced while sticking to the original idea more or less.

I dunno I feel like if that were the case I should just get rid of the lasers altogether and just have the player fighting like four ShinBots constantly or something.

#14 11/02/09 15:11

Mukade

thats exactly it... maybe not 4 the whole time, start with one, then level 2 go for 2 then level 3 have 4 or sumthin....

and then for omega have like 10 of em come in, but then they all die when she climbs out big_smile
it'd be cool but that part might be difficuly

#15 11/02/09 15:11

Leus
Website

Lol hm.  Well that might be cool, but then it would still be more about evading the ShinBots than fighting.

#16 11/02/09 15:11

Samer
Website

mm EdT originally intended her to be an enemy tongue that's why, and she makes an awesome enemy :\ + that area is really big where shinatama sits, really good arena for a boss fight .
but the grey fury could work there too ^_^

I think it's ok if Motoko appears as a syndicate boss tongue (not a troop) we included her in the final battle ... and some people like me big_smile never heard of ghost in shell, till they downloaded Motoko tongue

#17 11/02/09 15:11

Samer
Website

Leus wrote:

Lol hm.  Well that might be cool, but then it would still be more about evading the ShinBots than fighting.

IT WOULD BE COOL big_smile !!! and evading shinibots is still cooler and more unique then evading screaming cannon.
I'll do it if u don't feel up to it tongue

#18 11/02/09 15:11

Leus
Website

Go for it if you want, I've got the BINACHAR all set up for it.  smile  I'll think about it in a few days when I hopefully have completed some school work, though I know that's not gonna happen...  It's not the last minute yet.

Last edited by Leus (11/02/09 15:11)

#19 11/02/09 16:11

Samer
Website

I'll go for it like in a month or more :S still exams and the other projects including ur BGI characters wink
and I think u'll do a better job than me with the Bsl :$ so if u can do it earlier and want to do it please do smile

#20 11/02/09 20:11

EdT
Website

I've spent too much time modding, my Oni game skills are terrible...   Time for the cheats liveforever, canttouchthis and touchofdeath...   lol

Nice fun mod.

#21 11/03/09 05:11

Samer
Website

The explosion of Shini u created Edt has come back to haunt you tongue

#22 12/30/09 23:12

GlenP

total newbie to the AE, and this is the first mod package I tried out, lots of fun, definitely needed liveforever.

Board footer