Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#101 07/11/07 13:07

paradox-01

Re: I made scripted mod...

Yes, we learn at all times, it will never end - especially geyser then^^

By the way, Tantir, don't say you use a mac. I would wonder how you did it then. wink
Thanks for try adding camera stuff - but please let it to me because it's my "building yard" (you know, "heli_talk.bsl" at least), ok? smile

Last edited by paradox-01 (07/11/07 13:07)

#102 07/12/07 16:07

paradox-01

I need some talk movement. Any idea where I can find it? (I don't think we store things like "COMGUYtalk_radio" in wiki at the moment.)

Next heli beta will come probably tomorrow at evening.

#103 07/12/07 18:07

geyser
Website

Try these:

STRIKE/COMGUY/KONOKO
act_give/act_no1/act_shrug1/act_talk1/act_talk2/act_yes1

STRIKE/COMGUY
act_no2/act_shout1/act_shout2/act_shout3/act_talk3/act_yes2

KONOKO
act_no3/act_shout

COMGUY/KONOKO
hail

STRIKE
idle2/idle3/idle6/pickup_mid

COMGUY
idle15/pickup_mid/idle_special1

GRIFIN
talk2/talk3

KONOKO
pickup_mid/watch_radio/watch_start

THUGlev1_direct

MUROlev4_intro

TANKER
idle16/lev4_intro01/lev4_intro01

There are also a few sitting/lying ones if you want to make them rest a bit (on crates and such).

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#104 07/13/07 13:07

paradox-01

Thanks to Loser and geyser here's a first worked out version of "heli_talk". Unfortunately it is PC-only. (Sorry, I need this commands.)
For all other: copy it into compound folder, no other scripts there, like always.
For activation - just do a punch.

---

There are not so much left for version 0.5: of course problems which wait to be solved  wink

When activate heli talk one have to kill all other chars - because heli character's IDs are used by e.g. "chr_focus" - it would be every time someone else. That is not so bad but at the latest when I want to animate a specific char in cutscreen.
What I mean: when I kill all chars, "chr_wait_health" will be triggered and new chars will appear (which are not passive then - cutscreen will crash.)

If someone has an idea, please post then. In meantime I will do some "if-shell-experiments" which try to dis/enable chr_wait_health.

Last edited by paradox-01 (07/13/07 15:07)

#105 07/15/07 15:07

paradox-01

Okay then.. I tried building "if-shells" which disable char_wait_health when activating heli talk - without success; secondly an ID counter, same result. I messed it up only -_-
It got to hard, I cannot do it - or it's maybe impossible getting what I want. Whatever, I decided giving up, sorry. (I ripped "heli talk" out so the fight is working on mac again. HT stay a pc-stand alone, hmpf..)

Last piece of work was this - saving a bit space. Some minor changes also. Last version can be found here. Bug: BlackOps say also 'woah' when not spawned.

func PainRepeatTo(string x, int y, int z) {
    y = y + 1; chr_pain(x, death); sleep 30;
    if(z ne y) fork PainRepeatTo(x, y, z);
}

func AttackRepeatTo(string a, int b, int c) {
    b = b + 1; chr_animate_block(a, ELICOMpunch_heavy); sleep 50;
    if(c ne b) fork AttackRepeatTo(a, b, c);
}

Last edited by paradox-01 (07/15/07 16:07)

#106 07/15/07 16:07

geyser
Website

It got to hard, I cannot do it - or it's maybe impossible getting what I want.

It makes no sense to give up before asking for advice. What do you want? hmm
If you mean to "just" remove characters, the quickest way is chr_delete
The chr_wait_health will be triggered, yes. So just "if" everything after it:

chr_wait_health SantaClaus 0
if(handle_deaths) {
HandleDeath SantaClaus
}

where "HandleDeath SantaClaus" can be replaced with anything that's supposed to happen when SantaClaus dies.
Right before "chr_delete"ing SantaClaus (and others), you would set "handle_deaths= 0". And it should Just Work smile

Last edited by geyser (07/15/07 16:07)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#107 07/16/07 08:07

paradox-01

“What do you want?” ...

When player dies in waveX “heli talk” kill all other AI and spawn 3 or 5 new (so I’m sure they have the ID from 1 to 3 / 5).
HT 'running down' and in same time new chars arrive - thanks to chr_wait_health.
So the player will start over in wave0, but have to fight new waveX-enemies too.

---------------------------

And this happen to if-shells like SantaClaus.

func wave0 { ... }

func waveX {
ai2_spawn striker1
ai2_spawn striker2
chr_wait_health striker1
if(handle_deaths) {
dmsg "something .."
}
chr_wait_health striker2
if(handle_deaths) {
dmsg "something too .."
}

1) (Activated) HT will set handle_deaths to 0. Then wave0 restart and handle_deaths has to be set to 1 because wave0 includes also SantaClus-if(s), without setting to 1 wave 0 will stop. But 1 will trigger content of waveX again, right? So it is same as above.
2) The script has maybe up to 50 characters - maybe it will work with double IFs or something. Whatever.. One IF for every char will make a mess.   neutral

Last edited by paradox-01 (07/16/07 08:07)

#108 07/16/07 16:07

geyser
Website

You should try to explain what you want in even more detail. Make simpler statements.
Keep in mind that I am not well-informed about the purpose and contents of your script.
And now that you've removed the links from your signature, I have even less info.
I have no complete script to look at, only a few rather approximate sentences...

What's "HT 'running down' and in same time new chars arrive" supposed to mean?
And why "thanks to chr_wait_health"? What has chr_wait_health to do with new characters being spawned?

WTF are "it" and "same as above" in "So it is same as above"?

"wave0 includes also SantaClus-if(s)"? WTF are "SantaClus-if(s)"?
Assuming they are what I think they are, why are there any such "if"s in wave0?
All the enemies in wave0 are supposed to be dead when waveX is started, right?
And if you mean friends, then I see no problem either (as far as I can tell...).

No matter how sick your script is, you only need handle_deaths to be 0 at one moment: when you delete everybody before that tricky cutscene.
Set handle_deaths to 0; delete everybody; set handle_deaths to 1; spawn your 3 or 5 cutscene chars; do anything else at all (restart SP0, whatever...)

Maybe have a look at an OTA script. When resetting an arena, I set everybody's health to 1, which usually triggers a death event (death sound & frag).
Before I set everybody's health to 1, I set a flag that keeps those death events from being called. Then I wait a little bit and change that flag back...

Last edited by geyser (07/16/07 16:07)

#109 07/19/07 14:07

paradox-01

[ I deleted a double post ]

Last edited by paradox-01 (07/19/07 14:07)

#110 07/19/07 14:07

paradox-01

You want better explanation? See below the red line.
But in last time more problems appear: I realized that when a chr died and the script try deleting it by chr_delete I cannot spawn him again. (... A check function would mess it up again.)
The script gives me frustration henceforward only. Please no more reply to this, I'm burnt out.

========================= (a cancelled reply)

I have no complete script to look at
And why "thanks to chr_wait_health"?

The script is complete for playing: it include main functions, waves and Konoko’s and TCTF berserker. (Because heli script and the ‘complete’ script don’t work together I didn’t mixed them.)

What's "HT 'running down' and in same time new chars arrive" supposed to mean?

Someone play a wave, dies, Heli Talk get active, it kills all chars, HT is running down (the cutscreen are playing for one or two minutes), but now new chars appear (thanks to=) because chr_wait_health is triggered by deleted chars.

WTF are "it" and "same as above" in "So it is same as above"?

It means: if-shells have in the end also no effect. (I describe the result for no “if” and with “if” before and after the code-field in my last post (#107).)

"wave0 includes also SantaClus-if(s)"? WTF are "SantaClus-if(s)"?

= “if”-construction which are used for handling character’s dead.

Assuming they are what I think they are, why are there any such "if"s in wave0?
All the enemies in wave0 are supposed to be dead when waveX is started, right?
And if you mean friends, then I see no problem either (as far as I can tell...).

That might no be the case when you cannot win in wave0 even. (X is also 0.)
Tantir and I structured waves towards using savepoints. Important to know now: a wave contains sub-waves. They are separated by “sleep”-commands – I think that’s one of the key problems.
(I record a little video to visualize the problem; this might give you a better impression. (The second subwave appear when re-loading wave0 ...)
Because I don’t die fast enough^^ I connect the character deleting to ppp-combo and simulate the cutscreen end by ppk-combo.

=========================

args, goodbye phalanx
(link to history: here)

Last edited by paradox-01 (07/19/07 17:07)

#111 10/17/07 14:10

TropiKo
Website

great job, you had all in a hurry
eh the lsi was GREAT with doubles i tested
i get no combo problems( neither in original ota, or my zombiefight)

I'm the real Pacific brain, even if the picture is with a different jellyfish from a different ocean...
-Why bother?
-Beeecause:
-(chorus) WE DON'T NEED NO, EDUCATION! lololol

#112 06/28/09 06:06

dream996

File not found!?

PunBB bbcode test

#113 06/28/09 08:06

love_Oni

Download this instead: