Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/20/07 06:01

tamaru

UN/Packer w/Shaders

Hi. I´ve worked with Un/packer program and made some new textures for Oni. And I wanna ask, if I could somehow make some shaders on clothes, so the result would look like  Konoko´s default armour or hair. And if it´s possible, then please write how 2 do that :??? Tanhx- smile

#2 01/20/07 07:01

Alloc
Website

Re: UN/Packer w/Shaders

Hi tamaru,

afaik it's not possible yet because I don't know enough about how shaders in TXMPs work til now and no one ever told me wink
The only thing I know (or at least I think I know) is that the shaders are depending on the alpha-bits of the TXMP-data. And those aren't exported/imported yet (also need a more suitable image-format than BMP for that).
So, if anyone's going to tell me exactly what shaders are and how they're implemented in Oni I could give it a try wink

Alloc

PS: It's Oni Un/Packer or just OUP wink

Last edited by Alloc (01/20/07 07:01)

ONI2.net, link to just any important resource-pages about ONI.

#3 01/20/07 08:01

tamaru

hmmm.... Right..Got it..So first of all, I´d need program, that would allow me to import shader and then apply these shaders to tga file format as these are used to be more suitable. Well...Good to know. I was hoping I could find such a program, cause I only get stuck with shadering, when I create new skins and models for Oni, JK: Jedi Academy, UT2004 etc. I guess I must keep searching. wink

#4 01/23/07 18:01

geyser
Website

We're having a look at all that.
One problem with those env-map "shaders" is that they're coupled to a set of normals, which you probably would like to set up along with the texture itself. Another one is that until recently there wasn't any precise and accurate documentation of how Oni handles transparency (which is crucial for those layered textures).

Could we see a few of your new textures, or is that asking too much? Loser here would probably be interested. And me.
I know another guy who could be interested in nice-looking textures that fit in well with Oni's meshes. Name's Pierre smile

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#5 01/24/07 05:01

tamaru

Well. I quess I could send U something. I´ve worked on  many textures recently and the meshes I´m going to send U are far from over. But these are propably the ones, that would really use some reflections. So where should I post it again ? <:)

#6 01/24/07 07:01

geyser
Website

Ahm, yeah. Attachments still don't work, eh?
If you have a lot of that stuff, talk to Alloc and get tamaru.oni2.net up and running...
You can also mail the stuff to ME for now.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#7 01/24/07 08:01

tamaru

Yeah...right.. smile I´ve seen Ur and Alloc´s creations and I can say: wow.. But unfortunately I´m couldn´t find Ur E-Mail address there. Would U mind sending me it ? big_smile

#8 01/24/07 09:01

geyser
Website

Erm, contact info is on my "homepage", top left, right under the avatars.

Board footer