Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/23/09 10:10

Stevinlewis

Do you think we can change the past to prevent global warming?

Acctually, ive always wanted to create a time machine to go back in time and erase new inventions so that global warming wont heppend. man has always this mind to invent something to make their life better in everyway possible.

Say for example. People in my country(Or any other country in fact). Used to be fishermen sailors and whatsoever. The all started from this little small village and grew and grew and when things was fine, they chopped wood and find other uses for it. Soon they discovered some of it could float on water. and so they used paddles to travel across the coast instead of walking.

After that they thought. How bout we create something to trap wind. Since trapping wind can make something move, lets put it in a boat. and from then on, technology and globalisation increased and thats how we are today.

So no matter how hard we try to go back in time to reverse what we are doing right now. (Unless ofcorse we kill every human beings) There will always be crude inventions and then refined into a better thing to suit our life better.

But thats what I think.

#2 10/23/09 11:10

T_W_D

Re: Do you think we can change the past to prevent global warming?

I don't believe in global warming. Actually, even if it does exist, that's cool. It'd become nice and warm here in Siberia. tongue

Fanfiction should be viewed as a property damage.

#3 10/23/09 11:10

Stevinlewis

What do you mean its not true? Of corse its true. Thats why now siberia is warm.

#4 10/23/09 11:10

Leus
Website

I don't even know what to do with T_W_D anymore.

Stevin, your thinking is very valid.  Man has always tried to both produce and consume, create and destroy, in efforts to live "better" lives.  While many of our "advancements" are definitely beneficial, many of them are also very detrimental to our own lives and the lives of all creatures here on Earth.  I think we're finally getting to a point where we have reason to realize that MORE and BIGGER is not always BETTER.  The concept of "progress" should no longer by synonymous with production and consumption; in fact, quite the opposite, I believe it now lies in sustenance.  We need to level ourselves out before we can feasibly progress any further, because we're about to make the hill we're climbing to the top of too steep and end up tumbling back down into the dust.

As far as the time machine concept, it's important to realize that what is is, and all you can do is try and make things better for the future.  THIS is our time machine.  We are IN the past from a certain time and it's up to us to decide whether that time will be better or worse than the present.  It's also important to realize that, despite what science may have you believe, it is IMPOSSIBLE to remove yourself from the equation.  EVERYTHING you do has an impact on the world, and the more conscious you are of that, the more likely it will be that people in general will be conscious of it.  Live life with these things in mind and you'll be doing the best you can.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#5 10/23/09 11:10

Iritscen

Griffin says not to worry about global warming.

But then again, he works for the WCG, and the WCG is not all that interested in people asking tough questions about what's going on in the wilderness areas where the change is most evident.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#6 10/23/09 12:10

Gumby

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#7 10/23/09 12:10

T_W_D

now siberia is warm

Who told you such a thing?

Of course, -40 C is very, very warm. And I live in its southern part.

Griffin says not to worry about global warming.

I hope nobody sabotages our atmospheric complexes. Err, I mean our hadron colli... umm, whatever. big_smile

Fanfiction should be viewed as a property damage.

#8 10/23/09 12:10

Leus
Website

Stevin:  I wouldn't invest too much concern in T_W_D's comments; it seems to me that she's an ignorant and narcissistic elitist coming here to pick fights with us fat loser hippy nerds on the Oni forum for some reason.  Maybe because she's the strongest female in Russia?  I don't know.  I've given up on her, but she still baffles me in a way that not many people I've encountered can.

Irit:  Lol.

Gumby:  So observing that "Higgs boson" might blam the universe?  I dunno, but observing that web page blammed Firefox when I first tried it.  Spent like 5 minutes trying to get it to close.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#9 10/23/09 13:10

Samer
Website

heh Griffin is a real name  ! I didn't know that tongue

and let's all be nice ^_^ no fighting or I'll unleash my Shinibot on you and u all know what happens if she loses ...

(sorry trying to break the tension :S )

anyway I think we still have a couple of centuries to be safe right tongue ?

Global warming can't be solved equally in all countries i mean here where i live the government is barely affording petroleum for electricity, so i don't see it building or investing in any new clean energy source converters any time soon ... although we do pollute very well big_smile

Last edited by Samer (10/23/09 13:10)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#10 10/23/09 13:10

Leus
Website

The only way to break the tension is if T_W_D stops throwing condescending sarcastic implications around everywhere she posts.

Edit:  Or ignore it, I guess, as I suggested.  Though I find it difficult.

Last edited by Leus (10/23/09 13:10)

#11 10/23/09 13:10

3llense'g

Leus wrote:

Stevin:  I wouldn't invest too much concern in T_W_D's comments; it seems to me that she's an ignorant and narcissistic elitist coming here to pick fights with us fat loser hippy nerds on the Oni forum for some reason.  Maybe because she's the strongest female in Russia?  I don't know.  I've given up on her, but she still baffles me in a way that not many people I've encountered can.

You're kidding, right?  hmm

You can call me 3llen. It's shorter and simpler. wink

#12 10/23/09 14:10

Leus
Website

About not encountering many people like that?  Fortunately, no, though I'm sure they exist bountifully.

#13 10/23/09 14:10

Mukade

I hate global warming it doesnt meen the gets globally warmer necessarily but the temperature is getting much more extreme. Now here in Canada, summers can go over 40 celcius and below 40 celcius in winter, so its either too hot or too cold sad

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#14 10/23/09 16:10

adorage

T_W_D wrote:

I don't believe in global warming.

But we can agree that gravity exists, right? hmm

Stevinlewis, if you want to build a time machine, you will have to do it on your own. There's no funding for projects that might prove useful.

Leus wrote:

The concept of "progress" should no longer by synonymous with production and consumption; in fact, quite the opposite, I believe it now lies in sustenance.  We need to level ourselves out before we can feasibly progress any further, because we're about to make the hill we're climbing to the top of too steep and end up tumbling back down into the dust.

I'd say we're reaching the top of the hill and are now realising it was a cliff all along tongue

You're all like... like big fat failure turtles!

#15 10/23/09 19:10

Leus
Website

I like that one, too.  smile

#16 10/23/09 22:10

Stevinlewis

Nah I gave up on the time machine when Leus said this IS the time machine big_smile

#17 10/23/09 22:10

Iritscen

That's just as well, time travel is probably impossible anyway  cool

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#18 10/23/09 22:10

Gumby

We are all traveling through time, already. wink

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#19 10/24/09 00:10

Stevinlewis

Lol how about travelling back?

#20 10/24/09 00:10

Shade

Whats global warming?

#21 10/24/09 00:10

Stevinlewis

lol... Um its when we humans do things. Argh i cant explain go search google.

#22 10/24/09 00:10

Shade

Stevinlewis wrote:

lol... Um its when we humans do things. Argh i cant explain go search google.

lol I know what Global Warming is, I was just being a smartass XD

#23 11/16/09 09:11

Tudorge
Website

Adorage makes great touchy comments!
Hail him!   smile

#24 11/16/09 09:11

northero
Website

I would say tat travelling back time would take another MANY generations ( many in this case= millions ) or even impossible. I mean look at this world. I picture this world is juz something like an imagination to me. The big bang will happen and everything else all over again. I was juz wondering why no one created a god named time because time is ultimatium any1 agree ? It is !

Last edited by northero (11/16/09 09:11)

You can fool some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time

#25 11/16/09 10:11

Dirk Gently
Website

How can you reverse the flow of a man-made concept?

Board footer