Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/21/09 17:10

Leus
Website

Crazy Casey (NEW MOD)

Casey has decided to join Konoko on her day's activities.  Don't let him get hurt!

-=-=-

Just threw this together today.  Hope you like it.  Let me know what you like/don't like, what I could improve, any bugs, la la la...

http://www.mediafire.com/?mymrlajyzoy - ALL INCLUSIVE DOWNLOAD

Edit - Better description of what this is:  Casey will follow you throughout the Compound level as it is normally.  He adds extra firepower to your side, but also makes stealth more difficult and fighting more necessary as you have to protect him from death.  At each save point he will "use hypos" and go into daodan overpower, and will therefore also be in daodan overpower whenever you load a savepoint.

There are two version:  One has the normal didn't kill Griffin final fight, and one has a modified one similar to Samoko's.  Other than that, the entire level is identical in both packages and identical to the original except that Casey is following you everywhere.  smile

Edit:  Updated 10/23/09 12:52 PM EST (ATTACHMENT ONLY; I'll change the ALL INCLUSIVE link once I know if it works)  Hopefully fixed the unkillable Muro in the original version of the final fight.

Last edited by Leus (10/23/09 11:10)

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#2 10/21/09 20:10

Leus
Website

Re: Crazy Casey (NEW MOD)

P.S.:  You can totally let him get hurt.  Just don't let him die.  smile

Edit:  This post was just me trying to bring attention to myself aka essentially going "GUYS!  GUYS!  OVER HERE!  HEY!  LOOK AT MEEEEE!  sad "

Last edited by Leus (10/21/09 21:10)

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#3 10/22/09 03:10

Samer
Website

Lol tongue I'm glad casey is being popular among the modders it sounds really interesting big_smile... will test it soon big_smile

but he can fight right tongue ? not only firepower and protect me sad ... i hope he gets to use the moves i gave him tongue

EDIT: yes he can fight big_smile GREAT GREAT GREAT !!  this is the compound mod I'm sticking with big_smile

I didn't try all save points i played the first and the final battle

I was worried abt the lasers and snipers in the first save point but u thought of that !

and the final battle : A-W-E-S-O-M-E !!! the grey fury and Motoko are so powerful together O_o  ... I liked the surprises big_smile when u know who dies and when the other u know who dies tongue

and I loved the speech of casey : " Let's do this baby  cool"

but maybe one tiny thing I found it really hard to keep him alive in the final battle ( he died with shini's explosion, and in many other different ways tongue)  ( i finally used a cheat ) maybe I'm a bit rusty ... but would it be possible to give him a temporary supershield after he powers up  ? or maybe just a normal shield to minimize the effect of the earthquakers and muro's electricity and shini's explosion and the devil stars tongue ?

also in the end when konoko performs her final powerup he ran directly towards her instead of standing still like others do and he had little health left so he died and i lost tongue ! while winning O_o

but that was so brilliant Leus ... I'm so happy with this big_smile

i wish there was like a BIG PLUS that equals 5 + tongue

this is going to the depot smile since I haven't uploaded my final battle version is it ok with u to put that the original Final battle was by me :$ ?

and great job on the cut-scenes smile muro's transformation was flawless

Last edited by Samer (10/22/09 05:10)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#4 10/22/09 07:10

Samer
Website

Look what I did big_smile :$ u inspired me to give this bsl thing a shot

and here's what i did i added another surprise to ur final battle bsl
i thought since konoko had that surprise it's only fair that he has it too wink

and he was angrier this time when u know who had the u know what tongue

If u like it I'll add to the package and upload it to the depot

#5 10/22/09 09:10

TOCS

How do you kill Muro, at the last savepoint?
He always get's to one-hit-before-death, and then you "kill" him, and he just keeps fighting.

Last edited by TOCS (10/23/09 00:10)

#6 10/22/09 10:10

Samer
Website

what O_o ? I didn't understand u tocs but it sounds like u misplaced the bsl ...

#7 10/22/09 11:10

Leus
Website

Before I test that mod, just wanted to say:  The player is the only character that activates the lasers.  smile

#8 10/22/09 14:10

Samer
Website

where are u tongue ?

http://mods.oni2.net/node/105 this is the normal didn't kill Griffin version

http://mods.oni2.net/node/104 this is the Team Final Battle Version

I combined the new surprises with ur package and included the dadonized Barabus by me and Dadonized Mukade by Gumby which i think looks better than my version.

I will also remove my version of the Final Battle and link it to ur version bec i think u did a much better job smile

Last edited by Samer (10/22/09 14:10)

#9 10/22/09 15:10

Leus
Website

smile Thanks.

As for the Casey surprise (that's the only thing you added, right?) I feel like it might be a bit overkill for him considering the Griffin surprise.  The Konoko surprise (lol, all these surprises) was something I thought I'd add in not only to make the player more fair against the opponents but also to make Casey's motivation an actual benefit as opposed to the nuisance he'd probably been the rest of the level.

I do, however, think that I maybe should make it so that Mutant Muro doesn't have his impenetrable shield thing, but still has all his other abilities.  Didn't you do that somehow?

#10 10/22/09 15:10

Samer
Website

I modified the combat ID file copied the section of mutant muro and changed it's ID number then changed the close range attacks ... that's how i removed the supershield thingy ^_^

but I don't know it's almost impossible to keep him alive and konoko all the time that's why I added the "surprise".

if u wait abt a week tongue there will be a new muro released which fights like normal muro but has some of mutant muro's abilities

#11 10/22/09 15:10

Leus
Website

Sounds awesome.  Is he gonna look kind of imago-ish but just not huge and deformed?

Also yeah, it really is hard to beat that final battle.  Maybe I should make it so that Casey CAN die in the final battle...  What do you think?  (I made it so that he doesn't follow you anymore during the final battle, so he won't run up when you do the blast.)

#12 10/22/09 15:10

Samer
Website

I don't want my casey to die sad tongue I think we should keep my surprise big_smile I was able to beat it with the new surprise tongue

bec as u said Casey can't stand against Mutant Muro and Mutant Muro seemed to like beating up on him more than chasing me tongue

and regarding the Pm no keep Motoko as is tongue she's an awesome villain

and abt Muro definitely Imago-ish but not deformed maybe a bit bigger than normal muro but smaller than mutant muro ...

and btw big_smile I'm gonna make our joint story villain wink the one with the cool name tongue I have how she'll look and what moves she has in my mind.

#13 10/22/09 16:10

Leus
Website

Haha yes I've been waiting for you to make her wink

What about Akemi?  yikes

Edit:  So maybe I'll have it so that Muro just transforms into your half-transformed version at the beginning of the battle and then you just fight him like that until he dies?

Last edited by Leus (10/22/09 16:10)

#14 10/22/09 19:10

EdT
Website

This is great!  I've always wanted a partner.  smile

However, in the final battle, playing the "normal didn't kill Griffin version" Muro is unkillable.  No matter how many time he dies, he pops right back up.  Perhaps, I have some mod that's interfering.  I didn't install any other compound mod. Very odd...

#15 10/22/09 20:10

Leus
Website

Whoops.  I bet you that is a real problem with the mod because I've only ever played the modified Final Fight version.

I'll look into it in a few; polishing up ANOTHER new mod at the moment.  smile

#16 10/22/09 20:10

Lithium

i thought u meant final fight as in the beat em up. But dang u guys are always working hard to make oni a better game

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#17 10/22/09 23:10

Leus
Website

Thanks, oxe.  smile  I just had a conversation about how the time I'm putting into Oni is worthless and doesn't amount to anything in my or anyone else's life.  While probably technically true, I like hearing that it has some sort of positive impact.  smile

#18 10/23/09 00:10

Stevinlewis

Wait so which 1 is the one need for kojiro, and all the other creations you made?

#19 10/23/09 03:10

Samer
Website

Samoko wrote:

http://mods.oni2.net/node/104 this is the Team Final Battle Version

It is in the name hmm Team Final Battle

Stevin this one includes Kojiro - Casey -Shiantama Bot ( which are made by me tongue) - Reg Grey Fury -(by Paradox edited by me) and Motoko by Edt edited by me  ( just clarifying the creations you made part ) ... and a lot of surprises .

Last edited by Samer (10/23/09 03:10)

#20 10/23/09 03:10

Samer
Website

Leus wrote:

... I just had a conversation about how the time I'm putting into Oni is worthless and doesn't amount to anything in my or anyone else's life.  While probably technically true, ...

meh who cares tongue u're having fun aren't you ? we deserve some fun ^_^

actually I'm using this modding thing as a distraction form all the life problems I'm going through right now ... so It's kinda therapeutic, a stress reliever and it makes me happy when i make new things and share them with others ... so yeah I'm not saving planet Earth or bringing on world peace but why not tongue !!! I enjoy it and other enjoy it too so It's not a waste of time.

#21 10/23/09 04:10

Gumby

Leus wrote:

Thanks, oxe.  smile  I just had a conversation about how the time I'm putting into Oni is worthless and doesn't amount to anything in my or anyone else's life.  While probably technically true, I like hearing that it has some sort of positive impact.  smile

I know I put too much time into Oni, but the satisfaction that I'm making other people's lives more fun is good. smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#22 10/23/09 04:10

Samer
Website

Leus I'll remove the non team final battle version form the depot till u fix the unkillable muro thing tongue

#23 10/23/09 05:10

Stevinlewis

ITS TOO HARD!!!! i cant play the game properly with Crazy casey running around looking for a fight tongue. Can you please equipe her with liveforever mode? Specially for me big_smile?

Last edited by Stevinlewis (10/23/09 05:10)

#24 10/23/09 05:10

Samer
Website

Stevin have u tried the final Battle big_smile it's really great

anyway if u're finding it to hard tongue there is a cheat .. i hope Leus doesn't mind. use developer mode, bring on the console with ~  type chr_sethealth Casey01 1000 or whatever high health u want tongue repeat when u notice his health going down

also u can give him a shield or 2 or 3 tongue  chr_givepowerup Casey01 shield

Last edited by Samer (10/23/09 05:10)

#25 10/23/09 06:10

Stevinlewis

Lol cool. BWAHAHAHAHHA I LOVE CHEATS! yes i did try the final battle but i died. Sad to say. Im not pro. That cheat dint work. Btw Sam I dont know if this is a known bug but at save point two, Casey stopped following me and looked straight to save point 3. Where konoko will drive the truck to the metal gate? He just stopped and stared. He didnt follow me. When i tried to do a screenie, Oni crashed. Any reasons?

Oh Leus. Sorry. I thought this was made by Sam tongue

Also Leus, At the final battle. i used liveforever, roughjustice, chenille and touchofdeath and when it came to the final part. I defeated most of his minions (Grey Fury girl, Kojiro and some other char. but didnt kill Muro. Then suddenly, he transformed into Mutant! And I was like Wtf? Any main reasons for that?

And sometimes when Casey runs, he would run then dash then run then dash even thought Im dashing. Any solutions?

Last edited by Stevinlewis (10/23/09 07:10)

Board footer