Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 10/18/09 09:10

Iritscen

Re: Various New characters Project

Samoko wrote:

but as i said i can tweak ... make his lips more mean looking and frown and add some wrinkles here and there ... i was going for the stiff robotic zombie like look ... i guess that didn't work xD

Well, it's not so much that his face does not have the right expression; it might work fine, but for the fact that his proportions are literally inhuman.  No one should have eyes that size and that close to the sides of their face (and, again, the eyes are looking in different directions).  Making him creepy is fine and good, but he still needs to be human; he didn't have his face restructured when he got bionic eyes smile

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#27 10/18/09 09:10

Samer
Website

sure and thanks smile

i put the xml and oni files

"file removed"

Last edited by Samer (10/21/09 14:10)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#28 10/18/09 09:10

Samer
Website

@ Iritscen as i said numerous times before i DID NOT CHANGE THE SIZE or the POSITION OR the  mesh of his face ... so any thing that regards these is from the original scientist i worked on colors and the feel of the skin ... but I am willing to change them .. I think we are forgetting this is Oni not some high texture new game .... but I'll do my best smile

#29 10/18/09 09:10

Iritscen

Well, to me it looked like you applied a new texture to his face and that it's out of scale.  But it could be that we never noticed how bug-eyed the scientists always were.  The fact is, once somebody starts working on a project and presenting screenshots, we may nitpick about things that were like that all along and just never got noticed before.  It's something you'll have to resign yourself to when you start doing work for the community at large ^_^

#30 10/18/09 09:10

paradox-01

You haven't created her superpunch yet but the kick works nonetheless for me.
Maybe you put files into the wrong package folders. (Impt, ONIE ?)

#31 10/18/09 09:10

Samer
Website

really it works for u :S ? I put the Impt and ONIE in level0_final \ level0_final
i'm testing the package u put

still no impact for me D: !!

paradox when u perform the whirl kick does a green impact flash appear ? when it hits an enemy big_smile  similar to the one  other furies or tankers have ??  the super impact thingy sad

the weird thing is dev mode is not giving any error ... but no flash impact

EDIT: OK very weird I installed it as the only package and it works !!
some package is interfering with it I guess O_o

btw guys don't go all downloading on the file paradox added tongue I'll still be improving the textures so wait tongue !!!! and the hit impacts aren't done yet i just did the heavy kick as a test
And unless u have my kojiro package installed u won't see trails (yet)

Last edited by Samer (10/18/09 10:10)

#32 10/18/09 10:10

Samer
Website

4022017087_5fd676226d.jpg

^_^

#33 10/18/09 11:10

Samer
Website

I'm triple posting so others get notified ... cz this might concern others as well and it is AE related

The package that interferes with the flash impact ... is the ExplodingBarrel package ... it also modifies  the same BINAEINOimpact_effects.oni file ...
so it ovewrites the changes made for adding flash impacts

so for those who created that package what should i do so they're compatible ?

A RATHER STRANGE THING I NOTICED is : the BINAEINOimpact_effects.oni  of the Exploding Barrel Pacakge  is in the level0_Particles folder .... shouldn't it be in level0_Final ?

that's where I put the one for Grey fury and it works when the exploding barrel is disabled

#34 10/18/09 11:10

Gumby

Hm. Well...I thought there was a way to do that without touching the effects. ^_^; I guess not. There isn't really much you can do about it.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#35 10/18/09 11:10

Iritscen

Yeah, in cases like that, the most one can do is make a note in the read-me in the mod_info file that mods X and Y are not compatible.

#36 10/18/09 12:10

Samer
Website

If u tell me what section in the effects file the exploding barrel changed or added i can add it to the effects file that comes with the new GreyFury package ... and give it a higher number than the Exploding Barrel ... hence once the new Grey Fury package is installed it's effects file will overwrite that of the exploding barrel and it will still contain the new flash impact and the exploding thing at same time ...

or if no one minds ^_^ i can change the number of the exploding barrel package to a lower number and instruct them to remove the old one ^_^

I might be making new flash impacts for other characters since i know how now hmm

EDIT : OK I GOT IT : I'll add the impact to the effect file that comes with the exploding barrel and in my zip I'll instruct that it should be put in the Globalization folder hence no overwriting form either and in future i or anyone who wants to make new flash impacts can add to this file   :-)

Last edited by Samer (10/18/09 14:10)

#37 10/21/09 08:10

Samer
Website

does this look better :S ?
Capture%20020.jpgCapture%20025.jpgCapture%20022.jpg

when i edit it as tga it looks really different then when it is on the model tongue i'm considering manipulating  the face mesh.

tell me what u think and how it could look better ... i know it's far from prefect

#38 10/21/09 08:10

Leus
Website

I like it.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#39 10/21/09 09:10

Iritscen

That's worlds better.  I don't even think the face needs any more work, personally.  I do have three comments on the body, if we're ready to move on to that:
1. The collar and tie are not really in scale with his body; they're too small.
2. Is his coat shiny, or it just looks that way?  It's a strange material.
3. It looks like the original models actually only wore one badge, with the BGI logo here: http://wiki.oni2.net/File:BGI_logo.png .  Even if they did wear two badges back then, to me it seems like overkill, so I would say, let's just go with the BGI logo as their one badge.

#40 10/21/09 10:10

Samer
Website

the collar is small bec my idea was he is wearing a really closed coat . so only a small part of his clothes underneath is showing (smaller than the scientists)
i'll work on the tie ...

yes his coat is shiny ... don't u like it sad ? the main reason i wanted to do the BGI executives  was to make them wear black shiny coats sad

the logo i wanted to remove the square thing but I didn't know what it stood for so I didn't want to risk ruining some story line or special symbolism .. i do prefer having only the BGI logo

btw do the eyebrows need to be lowered or thinned .. i'm not 100% sure on the face yet . :S

#41 10/21/09 10:10

Iritscen

1. What I meant about the collar and tie is that they are small in proportion to his body, or at least his head.  I understand that we can only see some of the shirt under the coat, but that would still be an unusually thin collar, and the tie would have to be kids' size.  In other words, just scale them up, while still keeping them below the layer of the coat, and they'll be fine.  Compare your texture to the one on the guys on the AE:BGI page and you'll see what I mean, their collars and ties are much larger.

2. Not sure how I feel about shiny coats... what do others think on the subject?

3. You have my permission to remove the square logo smile I believe it was Avatara and it's simply not important to force that element into our story; it was a total invention of geyser for Oni 2 purposes.

#42 10/21/09 10:10

Samer
Website

1- ok yeah u're right in my first attempts they were even smaller tongue I'll scale them up  ^_^

2- I really hope u like the shiny coat thing ... it took the most work :S and without the reflection they look too black (like a texture is missing)

3- ok I'll remove it then ^_^ that allows me to add more detail to the BGI logo

thanks for ur feedback smile

#43 10/21/09 12:10

dream996

i love the shiny outfit !!!
can you do some new outfit for konoko ?????
or edit the one in chapter 9 a bit more shiny  big_smile

PunBB bbcode test

#44 10/21/09 13:10

Mukade

the left eyebrow (his right) look a bit bigger than the other... it might just be me

but yes, worlds better

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#45 10/21/09 13:10

Leus
Website

I don't really understand the shiny coat but I like it, lol.  It looks like he's about to go out in the rain.

Maybe it's a material barrier against potential radiation?

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#46 10/21/09 13:10

Mukade

i thought it was leather, leather CAN be shiny when the sun hits off it

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#47 10/21/09 14:10

Samer
Website

I was going for a leathery special BGI material for protection smile without the shining thing he looks too ordinary - & kinda boring i think 

mukade yeah i see the eyebrow thing u're right,  i'll fix it ... the only problem i'm having is when i edit as a  pic  it looks fine and symmetrical .. when it is put on the model it looks very different, i think the face mesh isn't symmetrical to begin with.

#48 10/21/09 14:10

Iritscen

I would caution against trying really hard for symmetricality anyway; some existing faces in Oni are not symmetrical, nor are real-life faces usually symmetrical in their expressions.  Symmetry can be boring, and asymmetry can add personality to a face.  To me, it just looks like he has one eyebrow raised a bit, which is fine.

#49 10/21/09 15:10

EdT
Website

I'm late in posting, I say the BGI executive looks great, like the shiny coat, leave the eyebrow as is.

#50 10/21/09 15:10

Leus
Website

Yeah I dig it all.  smile

Board footer