Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/11/09 05:10

Samer
Website

"Brutal AI" package Bug ?

Ok I was playing the final fight ... and I noticed that Muro, never used a super move in the entire fight !  (no heavy punch and no heavy kick and no running kick ) I compared it with vanilla oni and he used them several times ... then I realized that furies and elite's and strikers and swat never use their supers ... i always thought it's bec i kill them before they get a chance to tongue but I put the liveforever cheat and just stood there and no supers ... again in the vanilla they used supers several times ...

so I removed uninstalled all packages and tried them one by one to see which is affecting this :

Andrashi melee system package is supposed to change the melee profiles but it wasn't it (they could do supers with only this package installed)

so after tying all the packages that affect the moves I found out it's the "brutal AI" package when this package is on they NEVER use super moves except for ninja's, mukade and barabus,  ( like never, no ten shadow punch no whirl kick no cannon ball, static fist, striker slab etc ... )

so is that intentional ?? why hmm ?  the description of the Brutal AI says it affects evil Konoko and strikers   (supposedly only) 

and what's the difference between it and the Andrashi melee system package and the upgraded ONCC's package ... except for the brutal konoko it seems redundant ...

also is there a way i can have only the brutal konoko without the other characters affected .

Last edited by Samer (10/11/09 06:10)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 10/11/09 06:10

Samer
Website

Re: "Brutal AI" package Bug ?

I can also see that love_oni reported this before but there was no clear response  http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … php?id=597  post 10

Last edited by Samer (10/11/09 06:10)

#3 10/11/09 08:10

Iritscen

I dunno Samoko, I was watching GvE fights yesterday with Brutal AI on, and Muro was snapping necks and breaking legs left and right.  I don't remember seeing any Striker or Fury specials, though.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 10/11/09 08:10

Samer
Website

yup snapping necks and breaking legs sure but his special heavy kick the one that looks like 2 parts and his special heavy punch ( the looks like a wheel or something ) and his running kick are gone :\ same for furies elites strikers and tankers ... I deactivated the brutal AI and it actually seemed harder. I had the upgraded ONCC's and Andrashi melee system on.

#5 10/11/09 08:10

Iritscen

Hmm, okay, we'd better look into this....

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#6 10/11/09 10:10

Leus
Website

Really?  Damn, I gotta uninstall that shiznat.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#7 10/11/09 10:10

Samer
Website

yes Leus then if u try my final battle mod u'll see it's really hard now tongue  with motoko doing her specials and muro doing the running kick and mutant muro doing the gliding punch .... no wonder it was easy before :\ there weren't any supers involved ... but shn_bot and casey will have their skills a little degraded since they use brutal konoko's melee profile ... once i have time ( a lot of it) i'll work on the melee profiles myself and restore Brutal konoko but allow the supers and add custom melee profiles but it's really harder than it sounds ... I don't know the names of all the moves and all the melee profiles are in 1 big file big_smile !

#8 10/11/09 11:10

Gumby

Ok, I'll fix it. smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#9 10/11/09 15:10

Samer
Website

looking forward to it smile

#10 10/15/09 09:10

EdT
Website

I haven't had time to look at this issue, but, I think a quick fix would be to extract the original and brutal melee profile file as xml.  The just copy the melee for Konoko and Striker Easy from the brutal file and paste them into the original melee file.  Of course, you would remove the original melee for Konoko and Striker Easy.

Board footer