Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/05/09 09:10

Samer
Website

Modified final battle Team Konoko vs Team Muro **2ND VERSION**

This package is no longer available as a single pack instead a more updated version is now part of  SamMegaPack-Conversion

3995817049_7e1ff5be56_o.jpg
3997909735_fd865b097a_o.jpg
3998672934_9e56779975_o.jpg

Last edited by Samer (11/11/12 10:11)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 10/05/09 13:10

myplea1

Re: Modified final battle Team Konoko vs Team Muro **2ND VERSION**

Man this is a perfect final battle!

Awol

#3 10/05/09 15:10

Mukade

yup, i thought someone would make this after somepn suggested to change Griffin's support

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#4 10/05/09 21:10

Leus
Website

Uh, that was sweet.  It inspired me.  You know what might potentially be super badass?

If once regular Muro is killed he turned into Mutant Muro.

What do you think?  The reason I suggest is because Griffin, Casey and Shinitamabot survived the whole battle and killed Muro pretty much right as I got Mukade released so I didn't get to experience the full effect of the battle.  Also seeing those badasses trying to fight Mutant Muro might be entertaining/cool.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#5 10/05/09 22:10

Samer
Website

very interesting idea Leus big_smile  a plus for u ^_^
I felt the fight was short as well .... I tried to give muro additional health ... but it seemed he only died faster when i did :S which didn't make sense ... and also to be honest i couldn't bare letting my babies die tongue !
the mutant muro idea is NICE !! ... i will try if I can do that without any BSL modification and still keep it a simple package ...

Last edited by Samer (10/05/09 22:10)

#6 10/05/09 22:10

Samer
Website

& yeah mukade the idea came to me when Leus suggested to change Griffin's support in dream level and when i saw Edt's video with with Shinatama bot and Casey together.

#7 10/05/09 22:10

Leus
Website

smile Awesome.  Though I can't imagine how you might do that without BSL.  Still, with BSL it should be super easy.  Just have Muro disappear at low health and spawn Mutant Muro.  smile  In fact I could probably script that and just play it with your mod.  Hm.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#8 10/05/09 23:10

Leus
Website

Well, I did it, although I see why you'd want to do it outside of BSL.  My version isn't pretty...  It just makes Muro disappear and spawns Mutant Muro at his standard starting spot no matter where Muro was killed.  I contemplated maybe trying to make it play the Mutant Muro cinematic after teleporting Muro away, but...  Maybe I'll look into that tomorrow.  smile

For now, all I did was change the "wait_to_help" function in compound.bsl to this:

chr_unkillable Muro 1
    chr_wait_health Muro 1
    chr_teleport Muro 0008
    ai2_spawn MutantMuro
    chr_boss_shield MutantMuro

So now his teammates no longer rush to his aide when he nears death, but that's okay because he's about to turn into a super badass anyway.  smile

#9 10/06/09 08:10

Samer
Website

I don't think I'll be able to do better without BSL . but until AE is more BSL friendly i won't venture there ^_^

and I just played it and both Shn-bot and Casey died sad but Shn-bot took muro out with her tongue which was very satisfying to watch ...

I can easily ADD mutant muro instead of mukade at the end and put mukade instead of the elite ... but still if normal muro dies before ... it will be over...

so ... i was thinking to add to him the death effect of the dream lab .... he disappears into light when he dies then mutant muro comes thru the final door instead of the ninja ...
that will give time to finish of barabus and mukade then he comes out as if he teleported in the light... transformed then came out again ^_^ how does that sound ?

Last edited by Samer (10/06/09 08:10)

#10 10/06/09 09:10

Leus
Website

Sounds fun.  I've always liked the idea of big 'hero' battles in Oni.

I wish I wasn't too lazy to look up how to put characters like Barabas and Mukade into levels they're not supposed to go in...  Maybe I'll try.

#11 10/06/09 10:10

Leus
Website

BSL scripting is super easy man, at least for basic stuff.  You should look into it maybe.

I made it a little prettier...  Muro and Konoko still randomly disappear/teleport, but then I have the cinematic play where Mutant Muro appears so it's a little cooler.  I'll give you guys the script if you want.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zw2zdgdrjzj

Replace your compound.bsl file with this one (compound_muro_transform.bsl)  All it does is make Mutant Muro come when Muro "dies," prolonging the final fight.  Should work with or without your 'All Stars' final fight mod.  smile

I think it's pretty cool, except Mutant Muro will only attack Konoko, completely ignoring any other AIs.  I had Griffin and Shin (Casey died sad) attacking him while he just tried to summon me with his electricity stuff over and over.  But still, pretty cool.

Edit:  Also, you should def try and figure out something to do with the remaining red fury/elite/ninja.  They just seem totally out of place now.  You could make one the regenning Fury smile.  And if you make a Kojiro character (just a comguy with extra health and some ninja moves would be cool  big_smile ) you could put him in.  I feel like he'd walk out with Muro initially just because of his status.

I dunno.  All in all, I love this final fight stuff now.  smile

Last edited by Leus (10/06/09 10:10)

#12 10/06/09 10:10

EdT
Website

Leus:  Here's how to add characters to a level:
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1235

You can always add the BGI troops to the level :-)

Last edited by EdT (10/06/09 10:10)

#13 10/06/09 10:10

Samer
Website

I'll try it ou as soon as I'm done testing mine tongue

I couldn't make muro disappear when he dies so instead mutant muro comes out of the final door after both muro and all the baddies die

I'm so motivated to make a Kojiro chracter and put him instead of the other fury !

i'm trying to give barabus the stronger and stronger thing and mukade the teleportation to make it more interesting

EDIT : Leus we're thinking the same thing tongue Kojiro !!
and I modified it now here's what happens :

1st motoko and the other fury when the fury dies Barabus comes when motoko dies mukade comes ... when both muro and mukade die mutant muro comes .. no more elite or red ninja tongue

But I still want to do this without BSL modification and keep it a check unckeck pacakge ... i may want to play the original fight again tongue (i know i can back it up)

Last edited by Samer (10/06/09 10:10)

#14 10/06/09 11:10

Samer
Website

Try this out big_smile ! Barabus uses the regeneration now and mukade teleports, turns invisible and throws devil stars ^_^
However ! I removed the electric thing and melee shield of mutant muro .. i thought that would be over kill hmm + casey and shn bot and griffin don't know to retreat when he's shield is up tongue

EdT have u tried it ^_^ ?

Last edited by Samer (10/07/09 15:10)

#15 10/06/09 11:10

EdT
Website

Samoko: Sorry, not yet, but it sounds awesome!

#16 10/06/09 11:10

Samer
Website

thank u ^_^ ... I'll whip up a Kojiro in no time btw tongue before 2morrow maybe

and just a com guy with ninja moves doesn't work for me  cool  at least i'll have to give him new textures tongue

Last edited by Samer (10/06/09 11:10)

#17 10/06/09 12:10

Leus
Website

Lol yeah, I mean of course don't give him the full ninja profile.  I know you've got to make them customized, and I totally dig that.

I'll have to test out your new updated one with Mukade and Barabas doin' their trademarked stuff in a little bit, possibly not until quite later this evening though.  Also perhaps you should give Barabas his WMC?  smile

#18 10/06/09 13:10

Samer
Website

I thought of that ... but other characters kept picking up the WMC everytime it get knocked out ... which didn't look so good  tongue

here's kojiro ^_^ at the moment not complete yet
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1282

#19 10/06/09 14:10

Leus
Website

EdT:  You can always add BGI, is that because you put them all in each level's file in AE?  If so, why not put Muro, Barabas, Mukade and all them in each one, too?

Anyway, I'll look into it.  Just a thought.  I'm probably way off base anyway.  smile

#20 10/06/09 14:10

Mukade

I think wht would be cool, is instead of having Muro disappear, have him "die" but then try creating a cinematic where he gives off a daodan shockwave or what ever it is, and get back up and transform into mutant muro with some effects to make it flow, it wouldf look weird if he just flipped from one to the other. I dunno, has anyone ever succesfully intergrated a new cutscene into the game?

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#21 10/06/09 14:10

Leus
Website

That would be cool, but I don't have any sort of the variety of skills required to attempt something like that.  I'm happy with my version of it.  smile  Did you try it?

#22 10/06/09 14:10

Samer
Website

try my version ^_^

#23 10/06/09 14:10

Leus
Website

I have an inquiry...  If there are two packages that modify the same file--say BINACJBOCharacter for level 19, for the sake of argument in this thread--if you install both, will it fuck some shit up?  'Cause right now it just replaces the original BINACJBOCharacter for level 19 with the modified one in the package, right?

Edit:  Oh yeah, Samoko, I'll give that a gander later this eve.  About to go to work now.

Last edited by Leus (10/06/09 14:10)

#24 10/06/09 14:10

EdT
Website

Leus: The bgi troops are global just like the rest of the characters, so you can add them to any level, by modifying the BINACJBOCharacter for that level.

Yes, to your question, if there are 2 different BINACJBOCharacter files for a single level, the version in the higher numbered package will overwrite the lower numbered one.  Let's say in package 12000 had a BINACJBOCharacter that replaced all the characters with furies.  Then in package 13000 the BINACJBOCharacter had all TCTF characters.  Well any mod based on package 12000 would not work correctly.

Last edited by EdT (10/06/09 14:10)

#25 10/06/09 14:10

Samer
Website

no .. it won't mess things up^_^ tongue as someone told me before it's the number of the package that determines which is written last ... and if they have the same number they will get replaced .. so if u want to try the new one just replace the old one and hit install ^_^ the AE installer builds the dat and raws from the vanilla dats ... then integrates into the dat and raw the oni files from the packages according to their numbers ... each time u hit install it goes back to the vanilla dats and does that.

and I meant mukade ^_^ mukade try my version tongue

Last edited by Samer (10/07/09 05:10)

Board footer