Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/05/09 10:10

dream996

could we actually have trailer

can we actually have a AE trailer just like the 1999 trailer  haveing music behind and all those move and some x-ray picture going across .... ?!?? showing people what we have be doing ?

PunBB bbcode test

#2 10/05/09 11:10

Iritscen

Re: could we actually have trailer

(Haha, should I be the first one responding to this?  Oh well, I got here first and I'm not recusing myself  tongue )

Well, it's like this, dream.  A while back (about a year ago), we were in the process of making an AE trailer.  I was the one cutting the actual trailer drafts on my computer, and lots of other people were helping by contributing the footage for me to mash together and giving advice.  To make a long story short, the project fell apart.

I've certainly considered coming back to it, since then.  However, in thinking about it, I started to doubt that we actually had enough trailer-worthy material in the first place.  Most of what we've done so far in the AE has been either intangible (making modding easier, tweaking combat) or minor (new weapons and breaking glass are nice but not game-changing).  Much of the material we were in the process of adding to the trailer was either from third-party mods or purely "theoretical" stuff that is still not practical to this day, so I think we were headed down the wrong tracks at the time.

My opinion at this point is that we need to complete some major project before we come back to the idea of a trailer -- like HD texture/models or adding BGI or multiplayer back in.  Then we'll really have something to boast about.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 10/06/09 06:10

TOCS

Indeed, we would need more features.
I think they might create a trailer for the multiplayer - the Flatline project, or whatever it was called.

#4 10/06/09 07:10

Samer
Website

and new characters wink

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#5 10/06/09 12:10

dream996

multiplayer ? what exactly is that ?

PunBB bbcode test

#6 10/06/09 12:10

Iritscen

You know, the thing where you play with other people online?  In a game?

#7 10/06/09 13:10

Leus
Website

Lol.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#8 10/06/09 13:10

myplea1

Wow small vocabulary there dream.

Awol

#9 10/06/09 13:10

Leus
Website

Aw, give him a break.  smile  I don't think English is his native language, anyway.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#10 10/06/09 14:10

myplea1

That would explain it off-topic anyway a trailer would be awsome but what could you put in it? I mean most of Ae is less visible changes.

Awol

#11 10/06/09 14:10

Iritscen

Right.  Basically, out of what we were going to be featuring in the trailer, probably 1/3 was technical "modding is easier" stuff, 1/3 was "manufactured" footage (as opposed to actual mods for Oni; we were still optimistic about getting these hacks working as mods to Oni, but in the end they never panned out), and 1/3 was footage of third-party mods, not AE mods.

Basically, we were all excited about promoting the AE without stopping to realize how little material we had for a trailer, because we felt good about the years of work that it had taken to get to that point -- but since we've always been lacking in artists, we had lots of technical achievements to show off, but few visual achievements.  Thus, the idea of making a trailer was a case of "putting the cart before the horse".

So, like I said, once we get a couple visual things under our belt, like new textures or BGI, we can start thinking about advertising the AE again.

Board footer