Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 09/29/09 13:09

TOCS

PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360

I'd create this thread, to see your opinions to these consoles; which do you perfer?
This wasen't meant to be a fanboy-flame topic, so stay focused.

In my opinion, the PlayStation 3 is the better console, because of it's eight cores, and the variety between games and media.

Last edited by TOCS (09/29/09 15:09)

#2 09/29/09 14:09

demos_kratos

Re: PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360

I prefer PlayStation 3 because:
1. Nine cores wink
2. Free multiplayer. You must pay for playing in XBox Live so XBox will become even more expencive than a PS3 afterwards.
3. Sony has experience in game industry compared to M$.
4. I own it tongue

Jente, du er deilig, du er lekker, ihvertfall nå når jeg drikker.
Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?
Kan du si meg det? Jeg er ikke så stø i sannsynlighetsregning.

#3 09/29/09 14:09

Gumby

(Go Wii!)

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#4 09/29/09 15:09

TOCS

@ Gumby : I knew it would come.  tongue
@ demos_kratos : Actualy, it's eight cores (just edited it from seven to eight). But the eighth core is disabled to improve chip yields

#5 09/29/09 15:09

myplea1

All I have is a computer, but from what I've played Xbox 360 is more fun to use and more efficent.

Last edited by myplea1 (09/29/09 15:09)

Awol

#6 09/29/09 16:09

Iritscen

(Go Wii!)

It is interesting to note that the Wii is outselling both of the other guys by miles, and it's not in this poll  wink

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#7 09/29/09 17:09

Lithium

how come wii is outselling fast? yet only has like Brawl,galaxy,primes,tp, punchout!!, and other nintendo games. Like 80% of games is s***. Like i saw this at best buy
"Hillbilly games! 7 redneck insoired games!"
who even buys those except poor kids who crave a game?
like me

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#8 09/29/09 17:09

Iritscen

It's unfortunate that when companies see what looks like a foolproof way to make money, they put what is known as shovelware.  It happened to the iPhone too (look at all that crap with low ratings that developers banged out to make a quick buck).

And it happened to the Atari and other consoles at the time, which is what led to the Video Game Crash of '83.  People were unable to tell if a game was good because no one could review all the games that were being released, and once they got burned enough times they just stopped buying.  Video games were on the way out until the Nintendo debuted and turned things around.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#9 09/29/09 17:09

Lithium

But back then they had some decent games. Mario, contra, zelda, metroid, kirby. Now developers make bad games just to TRY to make a quick buck. Look at 360 and ps3 most games are good. But we got crap sad

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#10 09/29/09 19:09

Mukade

GOGO PC, i dont have PS3 or Xbox360, just me and my desktop, this is my child, that i created :3

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#11 09/30/09 02:09

demos_kratos

all right, screw cores, anyway PS3 has 180 GFlops when a modern PC has 50 and Sony doesn't smell as copyrastic as M$ do.

Last edited by demos_kratos (09/30/09 05:09)

Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?

#12 09/30/09 02:09

Shade

Gumby wrote:

(Go Wii!)

lol Gumby you have a Wii? Whats your friend code tongue

Well back to Topic. I'll vote for PS3, Because it has more games, You can change your voice on it to prank your friends, etc. You can also watch and download movies on to your PS3, I don't have to worry about playing PS2 Games on a PS3 because I already own a Ps2. I'm thinking about getting a PS3 for Christmas since I know how to play the Sony games more. And Microsoft games turn out to have allot of glitches and I can't stand the RRoD on the 360. When that comes you need to pay allot of money to ship it into Microsoft.

#13 09/30/09 05:09

demos_kratos

well, PS3 have "orange light of death" for similar reason - need to change thermopaste. but Xboxes get it faster than *modern* PS3s. Old ones (CECHAxx and CECHBxx) gets OLOD as frequent as Xbox get RROD. In more recent concoles (from CECHCxx to CECHPxx and CECH-20xxA/B) it is nearly fixed. But still noone got OLOD on CECH-20xxA/B aka Slim.

Anyway you can repair it by yourself. There are tons of videos on YouTube 'bout "how to fix OLoD/RRoD".

Last edited by demos_kratos (09/30/09 05:09)

#14 09/30/09 09:09

TOCS

The new Xbox 360 has a failure-rate on something like 12%, where the PlayStation 3 only has about 0.5%.
So you've got a point in that demos_kratos.

#15 10/01/09 12:10

demos_kratos

Shade wrote:

Because it has more games

I'd disagree. Xbox has more games due to its age and simplier platform than PS3's. PS3's platform is too complicated so some developers (like Team Ninja) stopped all projects on PS3. Screw Team Ninja, I want to play new Ninja Gaiden w-out buying an Xbox.

#16 08/25/11 15:08

onirulez

PS3 4 lyf

PSN: READ_N_UR_GAY

"Your mine!"

#17 08/26/11 12:08

Delano762
Website

This thread is from 2009. Why do you keep necroposting all the time?

...but anyway, I'd buy a PS3 because SeXbox lacks platforming titles, and PS3 got plenty of... well, acctually, it does have some, however only Ratchet & Clank series had new titles for PS3. Sly Cooper has a graphically remastered version of first 3 titles from PS2, but a new Sly is being made by Sanzaru Games. And Jak & Daxter is dead on PS3, because Naughty Dog is focused on Uncharted.

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#18 08/26/11 16:08

Jon God

I own a PS3, and an Xbox 360.

I own 28 games for PS3, and 9 for 360.

My 360 honestly gets less than 10% of my playtime.

The reason being, I bought the 360 for it's exclusives, since I figured they'd eventually release something I'd "NEED" so far, there have only been 4 games that I've really played through on the 360. Most of the most talked about exclusives were quit terrible in my opinion. Gears of War, Mass Effect 1, Dead Rising, Perfect Dark Zero, Fable II, Crackdown, Banjo Kazooie, Forza, Project Gotham Racing.. None of these interested me.

I really enjoyed Halo 2, but 3, I thought was mediocre. ODST and Reach are decent (though Reach's campaign kinda sucks), Beautiful Katamari's controls bother me, Halo Wars is kinda simple, and boring.

Alan Wake however was the one game for the 360 that I felt really shined. Maybe I've been too spoiled by the PS3's exclusives, but I really think the 360's game library is crap.

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#19 08/26/11 19:08

Yoriko

For me it doesnt really matter, I own an xbox360 but IMO platform gaming on any console are all equally inferior when compared to computer gaming.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#20 08/27/11 00:08

Mukade

Amen to that smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#21 08/27/11 17:08

DarkLitria
Website

PS3 ftw

No BLOOD no foul.

#22 08/28/11 05:08

Delano762
Website

Jon God wrote:

Mass Effect 1

I have it for PC, and it's awesome. What's wrong with it?

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#23 08/28/11 16:08

Jon God

Delano762 wrote:
Jon God wrote:

Mass Effect 1

I have it for PC, and it's awesome. What's wrong with it?

I felt that it had "everywhere in each area looks the same" syndrome, as well as awful gameplay, generic main character, and a kinda generic sci-fi universe.

Coming from Knights of the Old Republic, this felt like they wanted to do another star wars game, but instead, tossed a generic cover over it, with plot devices from every other sci fi show and movie.

Not so say there aren't people that can enjoy it, you seem to have, I just thought it was bad.

Jon-God.jpg

#24 08/29/11 02:08

Gumby

How is that different from Halo? tongue

Really though, the gameplay improves in the second game.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#25 08/29/11 03:08

Jon God

Halo had smooth gameplay, that's a large enough difference right there. tongue

I heard the second game was better, but I've not a chance to try it beyond the demo, which still didn't grab me, not to say it was bad.

Jon-God.jpg

Board footer