Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 07/31/09 09:07

Leus
Website

Re: At the risk of losing respect...

I wouldn't be a good person in my own personal opinion if I didn't encourage you guys to try again.  smile

I doubt you will, but I gotta do what I think is right.  Everyone should experience seeing the world through pure eyes again; losing that is why the world is so deranged, IMO.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#27 07/31/09 11:07

Gumby

Leus wrote:

I wouldn't be a good person in my own personal opinion if I didn't encourage you guys to try again.  smile

I doubt you will, but I gotta do what I think is right.  Everyone should experience seeing the world through pure eyes again; losing that is why the world is so deranged, IMO.

Remember, we can't encourage illegal activities here on the forums...I don't want to have to close this topic.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#28 07/31/09 12:07

Lithium

so this is now turning into a personal discussion of past expiriences with alcohol. But alcohol has different effect on people.
my mom barfs
my stepdad gets pissed off easily. and left the house.
my dad never seen it
grandma cant even walk 2 steps without falling
my dog falls asleep. no literally falls asleep

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#29 07/31/09 12:07

Leus
Website

Oh.  Damn.  Well, okay everyone, do what you feel is right.  smile

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#30 07/31/09 12:07

Lithium

oh and i forgot some guys beat up their wife and kids and even kill them.

My dad said he had a neighboor who did drugs. so his dad found out and tried to take them away, but the kid was high and he killed his dad. and later when he got back to normal. He asked his mom who did this to my dad? and the mom told him he killed him and he killed himself. 2 men killed just for drugs.

and this kid got high locked up the school killed everyone and back to normal asked the only surviving girl to shoot him. she did then she shot herself. so many lives wasted for drugs.

#31 07/31/09 12:07

adorage

Leus wrote:

And I tried weed, twice, but for some reason it didn't have an effect on me.

I didn't get high until my fourth time smoking, and when it hit me I knew immediately.  It was like I floated off into the sky, and during that night's experience I realized that I was seeing the world with the amazement of a child once again, and ever since then I knew I would always love weed.

Anyway, point being, sometimes it takes a couple tries to really feel it.  You get better about letting it take effect both mentally and physically the more experience you have.

...sounds almost like LSD (which I haven't taken but I've heard it has a similar effect). Maybe I'll try weed again if I get the chance.

My impression of alcohol, on the other hand, becomes worse the older I get. It's probably the most damaging drug in use today if you add everything. I think I even have a statistic we got in an International Relations class saying that (I study political science) - now that I think of it, in the same class we had this thought experiment: (I'm paraphrasing)

"imagine there's a drug that gives you an intense feeling of happiness and love for all living creatures. It doesn't have any side effects and doesn't cause addiction, neither physical nor psychological. Since it only has an effect as long as you are lying horizontally on your back, you can't hurt yourself or others under its influence."

Then we had a poll as to whether this drug, if it existed, should be banned. Most said yes (I said no). Any thoughts on why this is? Propandanda doing its work? Fear of the unknown? Fear of happiness? Because I've been wondering ever since...

You're all like... like big fat failure turtles!

#32 07/31/09 12:07

Iritscen

If that poll were taken in an economics class, I would definitely understand that result.  After all, a drug without side effects that requires you to lie on your back could have a large negative effect on world GDP!  Of course an economist would need to know how expensive the drug is and how long its effects last before drawing any real conclusion.  But perhaps at least some of the ones who answered "Yes" were thinking along those lines.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#33 07/31/09 13:07

3llense'g

Iritscen wrote:

If that poll were taken in an economics class, I would definitely understand that result.  After all, a drug without side effects that requires you to lie on your back could have a large negative effect on world GDP!  Of course an economist would need to know how expensive the drug is and how long its effects last before drawing any real conclusion.  But perhaps at least some of the ones who answered "Yes" were thinking along those lines.

That was the only comment in this topic I enjoyed reading. big_smile I'll stop looking in here now.  roll

You can call me 3llen. It's shorter and simpler. wink

#34 07/31/09 22:07

Leus
Website

But if everyone had happiness and love for all living creatures we wouldn't need a global economy or a deceit-and-control-based free market capitalist trade system.  We'd all work together to survive and love.

smile

#35 09/13/09 22:09

Samer
Website

mmm :\ I don't drink alcohol nor smoke ...and never will big_smile !
I'm 21 btw and I'm studying pharmacy in college ... Yay ! free drugs tongue

Last edited by Samer (09/13/09 22:09)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#36 09/14/09 17:09

Lithium

im studying "Annoy your Mod that starts with a G, 101"

Last edited by Lithium (09/14/09 17:09)

#37 09/14/09 18:09

myplea1

Im not into alchohol but im a coke addict its very good stuff i cant live without it big_smile
and im talking about the liquid soda not the drug lols.

Last edited by myplea1 (09/14/09 18:09)

Awol

#38 09/14/09 18:09

Leus
Website

Ew.  *Judges.*

#39 09/14/09 20:09

myplea1

Course Dr.Pepper is also quite awsome big_smile

Awol

#40 09/14/09 20:09

adorage

woah, you're into the hard stuff. I heard drinking oil is better for your teeth than drinking coke. *joins in the judging*

Therefore, I command thee to stop lest the empire's intergalactic march be slowed by the loss of another valuable wage slave.

And my mandrake died. Oh well, I probably wouldn't have dared to use it anyway.

You're all like... like big fat failure turtles!

#41 09/14/09 20:09

Leus
Website

Rofl I like your hippy undertones there.

#42 09/14/09 21:09

Lithium

u should try Tacos de Lengua

#43 09/14/09 22:09

myplea1

lol its too late for me save urself yikes

Awol

#44 09/18/09 18:09

Samer
Website

PEPSI !!! YAY I'M ADDICTED TO PEPSI tongue and cola but pepsi more I can't live without it either ... hello fellow addict myplea1  big_smile

#45 09/18/09 18:09

Leus
Website

I used to drink Mt. Dew every day.  Now I can't drink a whole can of soda without feeling sick.

#46 09/18/09 19:09

Samer
Website

and I wouldn't be a good person in my own personal opinion if I didn't say that's stupid with all the respect of course ^_^ 
Drugs are drugs man I study this stuff and it's effect on the body  hmm  yes even a simple weed, joint  or whatever ...  I don't get it why anyone would do that to himself by choice  hmm
and no I don't care if I sound like a goody 2 shoes ^_^

#47 09/18/09 22:09

Leus
Website

Alright, fair enough.  smile

Since you study it, what effects does weed specifically have on the body?  Have you only studied the effects of joint smoking or the full spectrum of marijuana effects?

Board footer