Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 09/18/09 15:09

Samer
Website

The New Barabas

I've really enjoyed the edition so far ... the fights are harder ... and more enjoyable

but I've noticed some stuff about Barabas that I want to ask about

his normal static punch usually was that of Elite strikers ... he grabs u by the neck and punches the face sending u flying ...

now it is replaced by a different throw that looks like a disarm move ... he grabs by the arm and slams u down ... although I like the change but the move looks weird ... he doesn't grab by the arm exactly he grabs invisible space around the arm as if the player is carrying a rifle ...

what happened to the super punch ? before he rotated his arms like elite strikers ... now he just slams a punch into the ground which is easily avoided and doesn't look much like a super move ... is there something I'm missing ? it would be very cool if he punched his arm in and caused an earthquaker ... is that what's supposed to happen but it's failing with me ?

his kicks seem more powerful now though, scary tongue

if i want the old moves back would it be enough to copy the elite's trams and rename them to replace the new barabas moves in level 0 folder ... for the AI Barabas in both levels and for the shapeshifted player ?

also if I want to make AI Barabas moves different i can only modify the trac in level 0 and make it a package ... ? or do i have to consider all levels he appears in

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 09/18/09 15:09

Iritscen

Re: The New Barabas

Just a quick response re: his punches, I didn't think we changed anything -- I think he always had his grab-and-slam move, and he still uses his grab-and-punch move as far as I've seen.  That being said, I couldn't figure out how to actually do the grab-and-punch in-game as Barabas.  Any Barabas players out there?

As far as the "super punch" goes, this is interesting.  The "Rising Fury" attack slot is indeed the ground attack that you described, whereas one would expect a super move for that attack slot.  That downward-punch was always in his arsenal as a way to hit prone enemies, but are you sure that slot used to be the "windmill" attack?  I wish I was more familiar with his moveset.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 09/18/09 15:09

Samer
Website

yes m sure i went and played the original vanilla oni sahpeshifted into him and made a super punch he does the windmill attack while in the edition he does that punch the ground thing tongue

"I couldn't figure out how to actually do the grab-and-punch in-game as Barabas"

it's a static punch forward throw ... or used to be now in the edition it's different ... and he no longer does it when u fight him either ...

if u want i can provide some pics for comparison from the vanilla oni and from the edition

#4 09/18/09 16:09

Samer
Website

3931882091_325961dcc7.jpg

to the left the vanilla \ original  super punch
to the right the edition super punch

#5 09/18/09 16:09

Iritscen

This is puzzling, and I've made a note to look into it with Gumby when he gets back (which will be soon).  Thanks for pointing it out.

#6 09/18/09 16:09

Samer
Website

Thank YOU for ur quick responses ! and for all the great work u do for nothing in return

here's some more screenshots :

to the left his original static punch throw to the right (the 3 frames) the edition static punch throw which I'm pretty sure was his disarm move .

3931928011_235fd669ed_m.jpg

and also now he is missing one of his moves the forward punch it is now a normal little punch before it was like the elite's opens his arms and brings them down ... maybe it was changed bec it can easily be avoided but it did more damage ...

3932721470_9725df5e82.jpg

and for now i wil try and modify Barabas's TRACs and Tram's ...  restore some of his moves back or maybe find better moves as that was the original goal i believe.

#7 09/18/09 17:09

EdT
Website

Mystery Solved: If you installed the Barabas Jetpack package, then those moves have been changed.

I suppose the easy fix is to remove the affected TRAMs from the jetpack package.

#8 09/18/09 17:09

Samer
Website

EdT ! like always you come to the rescue ! u were right  smile  it is the jetpack package

thank u (I'm saying that a lot lately) tongue !

& sorry for the trouble Iritscen :$

Last edited by Samer (09/18/09 17:09)

#9 09/18/09 17:09

Iritscen

Interesting.  I had the Jetpack installed too, so I was seeing the same changes.  Was that intentional, EdT?

#10 09/18/09 18:09

Samer
Website

mm the original Barabas is easy tongue  I'm gonna keep the kicks and restore the punch throw and forward punch ... and I'll add the new throw as a forward kick throw which he doesn't have  ... also I will try to make that super punch where he hits the ground to do an earthquaker or something ^_^ or else restore the windmill

#11 09/18/09 18:09

EdT
Website

Iritscen: I don't know, I just made a package out of Loser's jetpack files.

Board footer