Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 09/08/09 01:09

Samer
Website

A New Character The White Chief with THE COOLEST MOVES !

I'm a newbie here but thanks to the other members help Edt especially and to OniGalore Wiki ...  and to demos_kratos who made the Oni split GUI  ...

I made a custom move set for the white chief ... I hope you like it ... I did big_smile

the moves include :

Ninja's jumps, jump flips and punches combos,
Muro's kicks combo, the break dance move and jump kick,
Mutnat Muro's heavy gliding punch,
Tanker's heavy kick and Nuclear Tackle,
Lion kick and Lion Punch,
Elite's backbreakers,
TCTFF punch throws
Konoko's static kick throw ...
and more !

and thanks for who made the character in the first place .. I couldn't find ur name .. so I hope it's ok I used ur model smile

and if someone likes to I also hoped to make this character in other variety of colors maybe silver, light violet, or even bright yellow big_smile but I don't know how to do that ...

Anyway enjoy big_smile I made it into a package ... unzip put the package in the install folder and install it through AEinstaller ...  and give me ur feedbak ... this is my first effort ever to mod ...

I have updated The White chief character ... please download the new file .

changes :

more health
slightly higher jump
more chance to pick up weapon when sliding or rolling
faster recovery from falling or getting knocked down
faster hypo regeneration rate
supershield activated when supercharged (daodon but without a glow)
Renamed the character's ONCC so it doesn't overwrite the WhiteMc Swat from the WhiteMCS package

*moves break glass
*removed some unnecessary files

I've also made a black chief version of him

P.S : they don't overwrite each other nor do they overwrite other characters form other packages.

an extra perk tongue for some reason this character (black version) class order is 0 . so it's easy to shapeshift to. shapeshift F8 then shapeshift back shift F8 & you got him.

Download : http://mods.oni2.net/node/97

P.S these packages REQUIRE the character variant fix version 1 or above, download here http://mods.oni2.net/node/112

******CHECK POST 11 FOR 2 MORE PACKAGES***********

[Removed link to node 100 after Samer combined the black and white MCs into node 97. -I]

Last edited by Iritscen (01/28/13 20:01)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 09/08/09 01:09

Samer
Website

Re: A New Character The White Chief with THE COOLEST MOVES !

also try this combo  punch punch kick kick kick kick  (very fast and powerful first part ninja combo then muro's kicks)  an earthquaker at the end of it would have been awesome tongue

#3 09/08/09 08:09

Iritscen

Nice work, and you actually learned things from reading the wiki, I like that in a newbie. smile

One little suggestion is that you renumber the package to something in the 20000s, that's where we are placing new characters (we haven't put that down in writing anywhere, for some reason, and we're not entirely consistent with the numbers anyway, but I'm going to start encouraging that soon).  Maybe 22110, because 22000 is the package that adds the original Master Chief characters (in black) to the Edition, so it's kinda related to that, and 22100 could be the stock white MCs (if it were made into a package).

You can take a look at the numbers already in use to find an opening by looking at the packages in the Edition installation, and then going to the Depot and filtering by Package (using the left sidebar).  That pretty much encompasses all the package numbers in use, I think.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 09/08/09 08:09

Samer
Website

Thanks Iritscen ... smile

and I renumbered it like you suggested .

I also made the original Master Chief White Characters into a package and The Black Ops characters by Rexxar which include Konoko in Black Op gear and another custom weapon package which included only my favorites from the 3 available weapon packages (there were many guns that looked the same to me and I didn't like cycling thru infinite number before I reach the one I wanted ) ...

But where can I upload the files to ?

I can't seem to be able to attach a file except if I start a new topic ... can I upload to the Depot ?

Last edited by Samer (09/08/09 08:09)

#5 09/08/09 08:09

demos_kratos

I can't seem to be able to attach a file except if I start a new topic

Press "Post reply"

BTW, I've posted your White Chief to Depot. http://mods.oni2.net/node/97

Last edited by demos_kratos (09/08/09 08:09)

Jente, du er deilig, du er lekker, ihvertfall nå når jeg drikker.
Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?
Kan du si meg det? Jeg er ikke så stø i sannsynlighetsregning.

#6 09/08/09 09:09

Iritscen

Yep, only a few people have accounts for the Depot which allow them to upload.  But I or d_k would be glad to post the packages you made for the original White MCs and the Black Ops if you attach them to a new post.

#7 09/08/09 10:09

Samer
Website

Ok will do smile by the way demos thank u so much for putting it on the depo,
but I'm making some modifications on it right now would u be able to re-upload it after I finish :$ If it's not too much trouble ...

and I have a question If I upload the White MCs I based my character on 1 of them the ONCC file still has the same name ... would that cause my character to be overwritten if someone applies that package ? I'm thinking of removing the TCTFF character from the White MC's package that's what I've done on my game

I'm making him move a little more faster ( I tried to fight muro and I stood no chance  tongue ) also jump a little bit higher (not motoko high though) and I'm adding a supershield and some other stuff ... nothing fancy just some tweaks ...

#8 09/08/09 11:09

Iritscen

Actually, the number of a package is what determines the order of overwriting.  I suggested that your modded white MC package have a number higher than the original white MC package's so that if it is installed it takes precedence over the original package.  So please leave the white MC package unmodified.

#9 09/08/09 11:09

Leus
Website

If the Master Chief could really do all this shit Halo would be the most badass game ever.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#10 09/08/09 11:09

EdT
Website

Samoko: I'm glad you got your white swat to work, but you should be able to change the name of the ONCC.oni file.

Next you might to add the white chef as a spawnable character to a level.
You will need to extract the BINACJBOCharacter as xml from that level.
Then add another entry for your new character.  You might look at this page to see what the various items mean: http://wiki.oni2.net/OBD:BINA/OBJC/CHAR

That should get you started :-)

#11 09/08/09 17:09

Samer
Website

Here are the Black Ops characters

Ninja, Striker, Tanker, Elite, & Red dressed in black (textures by Rexxar).
Konoko and 2 Female Cops in Black Ops gear. File modding by EdT.

there are actually 2 konokos one in black ops uniform and one in black clothes and can jump higher.

& the White MCs collection ... I kept the original as is smile

Last edited by Samer (09/08/09 22:09)

#12 09/08/09 20:09

Samer
Website

I have updated The White chief character ... please download the new file from the first post

Last edited by Samer (09/08/09 22:09)

#13 09/08/09 21:09

EdT
Website

Nice job on the white chief.  One thing you can add in the ONCC is in the particles section add this:

<ONCPParticle>
                <Name>glass_break</Name>
                <Type>glass_break</Type>
                <BodyPart>-1</BodyPart>
            </ONCPParticle>

Then he'll be able to break the glass with his moves.

Also, in the packages folder I was able to change the name to ONCCWhite_Swat without any problems.

#14 09/08/09 22:09

Samer
Website

breaking glass and new name done ! smile thanks for all ur help !

I'm going to make the black version of him too ...

i also want to ask u ... is it possible to make  a character with let's say red's clothes\ body and konoko's head ( the new face textures by severed)  where should i start with that which file ? textures ?  in the BGI characters there is a ninja with com guy face ...

I just want to put konoko's head on the red fury body then make a custom set of konoko's and red's moves ...

I know this isn't much accomplishment in comparison to what you guys do ... so I hope I'm not wasting ur time :$

#15 09/08/09 23:09

EdT
Website

Samoko: You're not wasting my/our time.  Its great to see others interested in modding.

Now to accomplish what you want requires a 3D program. I can recommend Softimage Mod Tool:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc … d=13571257  Though, since I'm on a Mac, I don't know how to use the program itself.

Then you'll want to look at this page: http://wiki.oni2.net/AE:Importing_character_models

Remember, we all had to start learning to mod Oni, so, if you keep learning different aspects of how to mod, you'll be able to accomplish a lot, especially, since you are a quick study.

#16 09/10/09 22:09

Samer
Website

ok here's what I've done :S
I changed the TRMA of red into xml .. edited the link to the head TXMP to konoko's then changed back to .oni ...
in the ONCC of konoko I changed the link of TRBS to the TRBS of the furry ... 

I ended up with a fury having konoko's moves and face and hair color (face not head the head remained in the shape of the fury)  ... the body shape & texture was of the fury which is what i wanted ... the only thing i want to change is the head itself ... put konoko's head insted of the fury ...
I thought I could edit the TRBS into xml and try to find a link which determines the head shape .. but theTRBS was too hard to understand in xml

so I changed the TRBS into dae using ONI split GUI by demos ... and i imported the file to a program called blender, but I ended up with this :

i can see each character's head ... i moved it a bit ... but i don't know how to substitute one into the other ... and are they supposed to look like a pile :S ?

is there an easier way by editing a link in the TRBS.xml  for example big_smile ? or should i give up on the fury konoko tongue

Last edited by Samer (09/10/09 22:09)

#17 09/11/09 09:09

Samer
Website

I've made a black chief package of the (white chief with custom move set) too.

P.S : they don't overwrite each other nor do they overwrite other characters form other packages .

download from the frst post

an extra perk tongue for some reason this character class order is 0 . so it's easy to shapeshift to. shapeshift F8 then shapeshift back shift F8 & you got him.

#18 09/11/09 12:09

demos_kratos

2Samoko 'bout TRBS problem.

You'll want to extract with animation to see an expedient model in collada. Otherwise you'll have it overlapped. It depends on Neo, if he'll want to fix this.

BTW, use XSI Mod Tool, it's better. (everyone say so, I haven't tried to use Blender after all tongue)

Last edited by demos_kratos (09/11/09 12:09)

Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?

#19 09/11/09 12:09

Samer
Website

I did check to extract with animation in ur GUI  I don't know if that's what u mean i just ticked the extract with animation box in the TRBS to dae tab ... a field showed to type the animation name but I didn't know what to write in it .. so i kept it "Animationname" tongue then i just opened blender and imported it  ... come to think of it that sounds stupid :\  i should have written the name of konoko's TRAC shouldn't I :S but which one ? and how do i write it TRACkonoko_aniamtions ? or just konoko_animations

I will try XSI Mod tool ... I haven't tried it before because it's a HUGE download for my humble internet connection 440 MB,  ... it will take more than a day to download tongue

thanks smile i hope it works

Last edited by Samer (09/11/09 12:09)

#20 09/11/09 14:09

demos_kratos

If you have fully globalized folder (with all oni files (except of level-spec files) you should print anim name there. like KONOKOendpowerup for Konoko's final daodan spike. You can get any anim's name from TRAM file's name

TRAM<%animname%>.oni

When extracting be sure that you 've put all necessary files in one folder. (TRBS and TRAM | ONCC, TRMA, TXMP's, TRBS, TRAC and TRAM's)

#21 09/13/09 09:09

EdT
Website

Samoko: There's something for you in the attachment:

Regarding Blender, yes the bodies are overlapped, that's the default pose.

When thing that Blender lacks is copy and paste.  So the workaround (if I remember correctly) is to first open the TRBS for Konoko.  Delete all the body parts except for the head and save it as a Blender file.  Next open the TRBS for the Fury.  Now under the File menu, there is the command "Append"  use that and select the file with Konoko's head. (Hopefully the head appears).  Then move Konoko's head and position where the Fury's head is located. Delete the Fury's head.

Next select the neck, then Konoko's head, then hit CTRL P to Make parent.

Finally Export as Collada 1.4, select the following options:
Triangles, Disable Physics, Only Current Scene, Use Relative Paths.

Then covert the DAE back to .oni format.

#22 09/13/09 11:09

Samer
Website

Edt big_smile big_smile big_smile  !!! thank u sooooooooooooooooo sooooooo much !!
it was so nice of u to take the time to make that for me big_smile ! It looks great I love it !

I was giving up on the whole fury with konoko head thing but now I'm motivated to try again and make new characters ! best tutor ever tongue !

I updated the  konoko fury package right now smile i put them both ...

u made my day smile thank u !

**THE KONOKO FURY PACKAGE can be downloaded here http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1222

Last edited by Samer (09/15/09 06:09)

#23 09/13/09 15:09

EdT
Website

You're welcome! :-)  I hope you continue to learn how to mod Oni and experiment in different areas.

#24 09/13/09 15:09

Samer
Website

EdT i made u something pelase see it smile I really hope u'll like it big_smile get back to me when u see it

**for those who're wondering it's a new face texture i made for motoko ... it can be downloaded here  http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 514#p17514

here's a screenshot

3918446401_4f7f6f33db.jpg

Last edited by Samer (09/14/09 04:09)

#25 09/13/09 19:09

EdT
Website

Samoko: THANK YOU!  I like the new face for Motoko.

I'm also going to start learning XSI Mod Tools, then we can all use the same program and help each other out.

Board footer