Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 09/04/09 17:09

Samer
Website

How to use the hexagon level with the new anniversary edition ?

First I want to say that I joined recently ... I'm a big fan of Oni and I never though there would be such a site and such an effort to keep Oni alive ! so finding this site is honestly like a dream come true !

I also know nothing about scripting and plugins and all that  tongue though i tried years before to edit using notepad the level files in the game data folder and had some success .. so, i've just installed the Anniversary Edition and It works perfectly big_smile love it ... I also read the modifications diary and I liked the idea of the hexagon level ... it says it needs the latest AE installed and that i just have to copy the raw & dat files to the game data folder and load level 6 (which is TCTF HQ) and type winlevel to go to the hexagon ... well it's not working when i do that I just go to the level 7 atmospheric processor exterior ... how can I make it work ?

if some once could tell me with more details where to put the files there are raw and dat which i put in the AE gamedata folder but there's also a hexagon folder in the zip .. where do i put that ? IGDM ?

all the other mods are working btw ... and can't someone make it a package big_smile ?

I catch up quickly  big_smile  tongue
I hope I posted this in the right place  neutral

Last edited by Samer (09/04/09 17:09)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 09/04/09 18:09

Iritscen

Re: How to use the hexagon level with the new anniversary edition ?

Actually, as far as I know the AE is not needed for Hexagon, I wonder why it says that (I removed that text, but someone let me know if I'm wrong).

Anyway, you actually want to load Chapter 5, not Chapter 6.  love_Oni made a typo which I've now corrected (surprised no one noticed before).  He confused the number of the Chapter (5) with the number on the level data for that mission (level6_Final) and wrote Chapter 6 by mistake.

By the way, welcome.  smile   There's more cool stuff in the works, so stay tuned.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 09/04/09 18:09

Samer
Website

Thank u sooooooooooooooo much  smile  it works now when i loaded level 5

I hope I'm not being annoying but 2 more questions how do i win the hexagon, or is it just like a training mode ? and the characters seem to freeze sometimes ... is there a fix for that  ?

I'll definitely stay tuned, ur efforts are very appreciated  big_smile keep up the great work !

P.S : I'm very impressed by ur quick reply big_smile !

Last edited by Samer (09/04/09 18:09)

#4 09/04/09 19:09

Iritscen

P.S : I'm very impressed by ur quick reply big_smile !

Psshh, that was nothing, some of my replies are within one minute of the question smile

how do i win the hexagon, or is it just like a training mode ?

OTA never ends smile  It's like that for all levels it was written for.

the characters seem to freeze sometimes ... is there a fix for that  ?

The one major limitation on importing new levels is that there are no pathfinding grids being generated.  Without them, the AI doesn't really know how to get around, hence they often just stand there.  Some day we hope to have that problem solved.

#5 09/04/09 20:09

Mukade

someday...

anyone even have any IDEA how to do that, or is it just too much work?
and a hearty welcome to our new member smile
it's always good to have new Oni players come out of the closet  wink
(just messin with ya, welcome)

Last edited by Mukade (09/04/09 20:09)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#6 09/04/09 20:09

Iritscen

Well, it's up to Neo to add the grids, since OniSplit is his project.  I don't ask him things like "Are you working on x?" or "When are you going to finish x?", but I have indicated to him recently that this is still something we would love to see finished. Pathfinding grids for games used to be generated by hand, so making a tool do it automatically is probably rather difficult.

#7 09/05/09 12:09

Samer
Website

Thanks for the welcome Mukade, I'm an out & proud Oni fan tongue
and the arena of pain and hexagon are fun as they are, i just tried them yesterday tongue

hope the project works out guys ... I really wish Bungie would make an Oni 2  sad  ... or like employ u all to do the best Oni sequel ever

#8 09/05/09 19:09

Mukade

we'd have to buy the rights, I don't think Bungie has em anymore

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#9 09/05/09 20:09

Iritscen

Oh, heh, I missed the usual opportunity to remind people that Take Two has the rights.  Yeah.  Of course, Bungie *could* buy back the IP... but somehow I don't think they will.

Board footer