Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/28/08 09:01

Freedom

Damn,Oni Crash

Firstly, I would say that this is the best game I have ever played before.But under the OS of Windows XP,it would

show the window--Damn,Oni Crash sometimes when I was playing.I have downloaded the Unafficial Patch,a single

.exe file, and it worked perfectly of course. However,here comes the problem----the language!!

I am now using the Simplify Chinese Version,but the fix only suits for English Version!!

When I use This fix, all menus, helps and dialogs shows strange character.Although it have nothing to do with

playing game normally,I feel bad.

Is there any good ideas to solve this problem, or someone can help me? Thanks!!

big_smile:D:D

#2 01/28/08 10:01

EdT
Website

Re: Damn,Oni Crash

Freedom: Have you tried this:
http://wiki.oni2.net/index.php/Daodan_DLL

#3 01/28/08 12:01

Gumby

EdT beat me to it.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#4 01/29/08 04:01

Freedom

"It allows one to hook Oni's runtime environment and patch the executable dynamically, at runtime."

Yeah. I will try it on very soon. Thanks!!  Thanks a lot!!

#5 01/29/08 08:01

geyser
Website

EDIT: Ignore this post completely. See my next post below.

@ Freedom: Hm, if you have a Chinese version, then there is no 100% nice way to decrash your version of Oni.
The closest fix ATM is to use the Russian engine (together with the Russian Daodan DLL), which you can get here:
http://geyser.oni2.net/EXE/pc.buka
That version works for Russian Oni (of course) and also for extended Latin (French, German, other upper-ASCII).
I'm not sure how the Russian version will render Chinese characters, though. My first guess is that it will not work.
Anyway, grab both the EXE and and the DLL for the Russian ("pc.buka") version, test and report.

Note that the only thing that will not work (for the Russian version as well as for the English one) is just the text.
Everything else will be fine, and you should definitely consider running a fixed version, because of the Daodan.

Last edited by geyser (02/06/08 14:02)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#6 02/05/08 20:02

somechick_73

Where do I get the patch? Cus I keep having the error too. tongue

#7 02/06/08 14:02

geyser
Website

If you have an English version, get the DLL from here: http://geyser.oni2.net/EXE/pc.east
If your engine is not recognized by Daodan, get the EXE as well, from the same folder.
This should also work for Japanese, Chinese and other hieroglyph-based languages.
(ignore my post above; it's called pc.east because it can handle hieroglyphs, duh)

If you have a Latin version other than English (French, German, Italian, Hungarian, etc):
Use the Russian EXE and DLL. Get both from here: http://geyser.oni2.net/EXE/pc.buka
This will screw up the display of a few EXE-resident text, but the ingame text will be fine.
Note that the Russian EXE has broken Dev Mode features, so prefer the English version.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#8 05/03/08 12:05

Freedom

I now have used the vtuneapi.dll which stay in the Oni setup folder, and when I start the Oni , the crash info also

showed up , and generated a file called startup.txt. It contained some infomation which can discribe the failure.

I now attach this up. Thanks for the help.

big_smile:D:D:D

#9 06/23/08 06:06

RossyMiles
Website

That's interesting, did you try replacing your version of Oni.exe with the one from here http://geyser.oni2.net/EXE/pc.east or here http://geyser.oni2.net/EXE/pc.buka ?

#10 06/23/08 09:06

Gumby

This thread is also around 2 months old...

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#11 08/28/09 00:08

Freedom

Hello everyone, long time no see.

I used dll and exe geyser tolded to me upon, and it's working perfectly. But now I have en-

countered another problem. The Chinese character is no longer exist instead of many stran-

ger character, like "ΉϊΑʼ·¨Ήζ·ΆΞδΎ―Θ¨Τπ Θ«ΞΔ ΘΞΊΞΘΛ²»΅ΓΞ". By the way, my original

oni.exe is just 42k , I don't know whether this size is correct or not?  I really want to see the

chinese in the game  sad . How can I solve this problem?

PS: By now the reason why oni crashed is a overflew of the openGL function calling? Is this

correct? Is there a way to solve this problem under all language platform?

Thanks for the help,  big_smile  big_smile

#12 08/28/09 01:08

dream996

i can't find the way to solve it either ...i can't read the obj =[
by the way i had the cant version

PunBB bbcode test

#13 08/28/09 03:08

demos_kratos

Greek and Wide ASCII? You used pc.buka, didn't you? well, now when we have C-Daodan the only engine that will work with it is pc.east.

Jente, du er deilig, du er lekker, ihvertfall nå når jeg drikker.
Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?
Kan du si meg det? Jeg er ikke så stø i sannsynlighetsregning.

#14 08/28/09 04:08

Freedom

4 houts ago, I used the original oni.exe(42k) to enter the game . Sometimes it crashed but so-

metimes not.When I entered the Option window, it crashed. But when I loaded game from the

3rd chapter ,it worked normally. roll

Last edited by Freedom (08/28/09 04:08)

Board footer