Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#51 08/24/09 16:08

Lapis
Website

Re: Wanting to make my own models

dream996: I was thinking of making a few characters.

demos_kratos: ok sweet as

paradox-01:Damn

Iritscen:well that sux

soooo just wondering transparency does work on characters, is this something that could be implemented or it will pretty much never happen. Maybe EDT can hopefully clear stuff up for me.

Well I had some time yesterday so I made the eyes bigger made the mic skinner except for the end bit. re did the eyelashes a little deleted some polys that didn't matter and re-unwrapped the whole thing again to give me more room. I redoing the textures now since I have more room. Can't post up any images yet since I'm at uni right now but I will tonight.

#52 08/24/09 18:08

EdT
Website

Actually, you can have transparency with character textures.  Its the same as glass in Oni.  It uses a texture with an alpha channel using a shade of gray.  So in the alpha channel white is opaque and black is transparent.

You just cannot have transparency and reflectivity in the same texture.

Textures which are reflective, like Konoko's hair or the Strikers chest uses another texture as a envmap.  In that case, in the Alpha channel,  white becomes transparent to show the envmap and black is opaque.

Hope this helps.

#53 08/24/09 19:08

Leus
Website

Yo, in response to your "can you take different moves from various characters" thing:

http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1175

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#54 08/24/09 19:08

Lapis
Website

EdT: ahh sweet I was thinking that before as well, like I thought I remembered that the glass was semi transparent. I have no problem with either have transparency or reflection. Thanks for clearing that up.

Leus:  Cheers I saw that earlier was suppose to thank you. Guess I will now, Thanks

#55 08/24/09 21:08

dream996

cool how is the outfir going to be ???is she going to wear sun glasses =]]
and how much more time are you going to take ....im really looking forward to see the whole thing=]

PunBB bbcode test

#56 08/24/09 21:08

Leus
Website

smile No prob.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#57 08/25/09 13:08

paradox-01

@ transparency again:

There's a problem (see attachment*) but it might end less worse for you Lapis because it's only the hair edges that would use alpha.
* Konoko's head in RGBA4444 (whole texture with alpha selection), Mukade's head in ARGB4444 (partly alpha selection).

geyser wrote:

neo hates hacks and says we should stop trying to even figure out a complete description of *why* it doesn't work
in short, no, transparency won't work, at least not if the head is a single mesh.
with particles it might work, or with that neck hack i mentioned.
but even so it's unsupported/uncharted territory and there's no guarantee that it will look fine in every situation
"expect unexpected results"

#58 08/27/09 08:08

Lapis
Website

Okay, I just want to try and stick my test head model into the game just to see how the transparency of my model would look like.

I've put the head into the correct position with the pivot at the right place and made sure the scale is right and that also it is only triangles.

I exported out a dae file which I converted to a TRBSlapis.oni file. This is inside

packages > 64000LapisModels > oni > level0_Final > level0_Characters > lapis

I then also exported out a tga file which was converted to a TXMPlapis.oni file

packages > 64000LapisModels > oni > level0_Final > level0_Textures > lapis

The file is a rgba32 I used demos_kratos's engine patcher(thanks by the way) to enable 512x512 textures and 32bit textures.

I have a Mod_Info.cfg in the 64000LapisModels folder.

I shows up in the AE package installers and installs fine(I think)

so I load up the AE oni and use the shapeshifter cheat and cycle through the models but mine doesn't show up.

I'm doing something wrong just not sure what.

any help will be great thanks.

#59 08/27/09 09:08

dream996

same with my fury konoko =[
i think the only way to fix it ,its to find someone like EDT ( or you might have to upload the package *which recommended because i think u would wanna finish the whole thing AND then for the public use*  tongue

PunBB bbcode test

#60 08/27/09 09:08

Iritscen

Oh, if only it were that simple smile  Download Motoko here as a sample of what a complete character package looks like.  As you can see, you'll need to copy some files from other characters, export them to XML and modify them for your character, then make them into .onis for your package.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#61 08/27/09 09:08

paradox-01

Ok, here are a bit news: geyser couldn't let his fingers from his idea about fixing the transparency issue with an particle... It seems on a good way, hopefully it will be fully working soon. So, keep up your work Lapis.  smile

#62 08/27/09 12:08

EdT
Website

Lapis:  Here is a quick way to test your model.

Assuming you used ONCCkonoko_generic as your base model.  Rename TRBSlapis.oni to TRBSkonoko_body_high.oni and rename TXMPlapis.oni to TXMPIteration001%2FKS_face.oni in your package.  Now install with AEInstaller.  Go to level1 and you should see Konoko with your new head and texture.  No shapeshifting required.

Now if you want to see more than the back of her head :-) Enable Dev Mode, use the cheatcode x and press the RETURN key to go to camera mode.  Now when you move the mouse, Konoko will turn around. Press RETURN again, then the mouse controls the camera, press RETURN again to go back to normal mode.

#63 08/27/09 17:08

Lapis
Website

dream996: Yeah I just wanted to test out the head to see how it looks so far like in terms of size and what not.

Iritscen: yeah good idea, I actually was using the "New Characters" package as a base to follow

paradox-01: sweet hope it works out.

EdT: Cool that worked. Thanks

Yeah doesn't seem like the transparency works, well it does if there is no character mesh behind it. I don't think it's anything with in my hands to fix since like paradox said it's the engine.

So hopefully the transparency will get figured out so I will continue to work on it as though it does work.

#64 08/27/09 19:08

dream996

have u made the outfit yet >?
when is it going to be release ?

PunBB bbcode test

#65 08/28/09 00:08

Lapis
Website

dream996: No outfit yet, will probably start it soon though. I was just testing out my head before looks like I have a few issues to work out first

#66 08/28/09 01:08

dream996

hey what program i u using to make it ???xsi or blender ?????( which one is actually better  big_smile )

PunBB bbcode test

#67 08/28/09 07:08

EdT
Website

dream996: He states which program he uses in the first post on this thread.  XSI Mod Tools is much better than Blender especially if you are working with 3D models for Oni.

#68 08/28/09 19:08

Lapis
Website

dream996: I use Autodesk Maya I wouldn't know which is better since I haven't used either. But they usually all 3D programs can do the same just through different ways and take different amount of time.

I should be able to work on this a little today

#69 08/28/09 21:08

dream996

will u be able to finish it before 3rdseptember  ????
i need to go back to school on that day ...so i won't be able to try it /. neutral  neutral

PunBB bbcode test

#70 08/29/09 01:08

Lapis
Website

dream996: It would be nice to finish before 3rd of September but I don't think I'll be able to due to my current school workload.

#71 08/29/09 01:08

dream996

=[ never mind ...i will try it in december ..but anyway ...one question ....do u use msn  ???

Last edited by dream996 (08/29/09 01:08)

PunBB bbcode test

#72 09/19/09 06:09

dream996

is the project dead already ??

PunBB bbcode test

#73 09/19/09 13:09

Mukade

damn, and it was looking good too >_>

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#74 09/20/09 01:09

Lapis
Website

not dead, just on hold

#75 09/20/09 13:09

dream996

need any help ?

PunBB bbcode test

Board footer