Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 06/15/07 16:06

musa

shapeshifting more

Is there a posibility (some mod perhaps) that would allow me to change to ANY npc? I know about "shapeshifter" and then pressing F8, but that way i can only "spawn" a characters that are on the certain level. And I would like to choose from EVERY npc in game smile
I hope you understand what I'm saying (sorry for my grammar, I'm from east europe)  .

#2 06/15/07 17:06

geyser
Website

Re: shapeshifting more

Character classes are local (level-specific) at the moment.
If they weren't, you would probably know without asking smile
(I mean, that's not the kind of feature that goes unnoticed)
However, we'll be able to make all characters global Soon(TM).
Stay tuned.

FYI: for regular shapeshifting, you can use Shift+F8 to cycle backwards.
If youre on PC, you can use chr_set_class, in scripts or at the Developer Mode console to customize the appearance of enemies after they spawn. No limitation apart from the local availability of the character (and even that is about to change).

Last edited by geyser (06/15/07 17:06)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#3 06/15/07 21:06

EdT
Website

Soon(TM)

geyser: There seems to be more of these recently.  Now should it have a qualifier? PC only... or can I hope it includes Mac????

#4 06/16/07 04:06

geyser
Website

Character classes are game content. If we move ONCCs from level# to level0, you'll be able to as well.
The primary tool for that will be OUP, which is supposed to run with Darwine on Intel Macs, at least.

In the longer run, maybe Wine/Darwine will grow to accomodate OUP on non-Intel platforms.
Or maybe someone crazy can rewrite OUP natively for OS X (not something expect right now).
We always have the possibility to author xdeltas for specific versions and distribute those.
(even if cross-level resource management would require some sophisticated xdelta usage)

EDIT: frankly speaking, there might be a way to load aditional classes at runtime.
That would be Daodan-based (so PC-only). There would still be workarounds for the Mac.

Last edited by geyser (06/16/07 06:06)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

Board footer