Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/30/09 20:07

gorilla325

if you are making a Oni 2, how would you sell your game to...?

i am so disheartened by games in the market now...most of them are shooters...  if not shooters, then they are GOW, or DMC, or NG clones....  the fight to me was blend, and i just could not connect with them.  but i also understand Oni game need patience to play...  in order to push for such a game, lovers of this game need to find a way to persuade publishers...

if you are making an Oni 2, how would you sell your game to publishers? 
Oni type games require skills, patience, and love of a fighting game...  So:

i'll find a way to make a real online fighting mode in the game.  the situation would be like tekken with its many modes of gameplays.  and by doing so, i hope to show publishers that my game can attract same kind crowds from tekken, virtual fighters, or even street fighters. 

i will make this game as moddable as possible without ruining its core gameplays.  by doing so, i hope to show publishers the same thing as mount & blade do... 

i'd like to make the game more platformer, almost like a third person mirror's edge.  hoping that this gameplay could attract some audience, therefore attract some publisher's attention to it...  and making this mode an online competitive mode as well, maybe a pure racing mode, or a fighting racing mode!

#2 07/31/09 12:07

Lithium

Re: if you are making a Oni 2, how would you sell your game to...?

hmm tekken eh? and i agree with you and those fps. and those prototype and infamous games. and even guitar hero.

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#3 08/08/09 06:08

dream996

A QUESTION.....what exactly is a fps mean ?????because in frap (software) is has it in the corner and keep changing the number...

PunBB bbcode test

#4 08/08/09 11:08

Lithium

FPS means F)irst
                  P)erson
                  S)hooter
and for that i dont even know. I just know what the general public knows. maybe someone else knows

Last edited by Lithium (08/08/09 11:08)

#5 08/08/09 12:08

Iritscen

The FPS in Fraps refers to "frames per second", in other words, how often the program updates the screen.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#6 08/08/09 14:08

Lithium

oh yea how could i forget. Cuz i havent played any games like that so i forgot. slow day today

#7 08/16/09 09:08

seanparkerfilms

Interesting game reference choices. If Oni 2 were some kind of combination of Tekken, Mirror's Edge, Mount & Blade, and of course the original Oni, it could very well be the most fantastic game ever.

Last edited by seanparkerfilms (08/16/09 09:08)

#8 08/16/09 11:08

Lithium

idk man. I mean tekken? it would probably be in that horrible tekken force. And mirriors edge as in like lumping, climbing, etc. then would be awesome

#9 08/16/09 15:08

Gumby

seanparkerfilms wrote:

Interesting game reference choices. If Oni 2 were some kind of combination of Tekken, Mirror's Edge, Mount & Blade, and of course the original Oni, it could very well be the most fantastic game ever.

Switch Mirror's Edge with Prototype. Prototype has real (not prescripted) parkour, and the main character is literally an Imago.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#10 08/16/09 20:08

seanparkerfilms

OK, agreed.

Board footer