Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 05/31/07 19:05

geyser
Website

Re: JIAMs

A very enjoyable JIAM/CIAM show is Avatar: The Last Airbender
One of the best cartoon series ever. Videos available on Veoh.

About Oniblade: more hype happened in April (trailer, screenshots, forum talk).
It's definitely not dead. However, they'll only do MP in a sequel, if there ever is one.

Last edited by geyser (05/31/07 19:05)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#27 06/02/07 02:06

WickedClown

geyser wrote:

I'd make it "East Meets West", and I wouldn't limit the stuff to games.
Then we can talk just about anything from Oni to Kill Bill to GBG...

For those interested, Gaijin (the developer of Oniblade) is finalizing a racing game called Adrenalin 2.
I'm not too hot for "Fast & Furious" kind of stuff, but if they release A2, they might do OB... eventually.

If I understand correctly, they released more screenshots in September.
And the release date has been pushed back to "1st quarter of 2007", i.e., Soon(TM).
And if I also understand correctly, the game genre is very much like Serious Sam (-firepower+melee) smile
Now that will let me tease Croteam folks about their engine stabilization/upgrade-in-progress...

By the screenshot on that Lambo it's going to be one hack of the game, that Adrenalin 2. The page is in Russian, but how come I never heard of Adrenalin 1 (I suppose if they're making Adrenalin 2 that they made number one in the past)? I never heard about Gaijin, and for what I saw today, they are making excellent games.
About Oniblade, well, I really like the main female protagonist, and I even stopped looking at her momentarily and actually look at the rest of the screenshot, but I should stress that it was momentarily... tongue I really like the looks, don't know how the physics are but like what I saw on the screenies. Again, a sad thing is I never heard of it. Is it released? If not when it will be? I'm sorry, but I kinda suck on russian language.

#28 06/02/07 12:06

geyser
Website

The last I've seen of Oniblade is THIS trailer (72 MB) and THESE screenshots.
Some forum talk, too, and a possible release in autumn. Not sure there'll be a demo.
The games by Gaijjin don't retail outside Russia, so you'd have to order them online.

I don't think much of Adrenalin (a lot of racing games out there look better).
Gaijin did a slasher called "The Homies and the Ring" (a parody of guess what).
That one looks quite fun (see HERE), but I'd rather get it along with Oniblade.

Last edited by geyser (07/18/07 10:07)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#29 06/04/07 02:06

WickedClown

geyser wrote:

The last I've seen of Oniblade is THIS trailer (72 MB) and THESE screenshots.
Some forum talk, too, and a possible release in autumn. Not sure there'll be a demo.
The games by Gaijjin don't retail outside Russia, so you'd have to order them online.

I don't think much of Adrenalin (a lot of racing game out there look better).
Gaijin did a slasher called "The Homies and the Ring" (a parody of guess what).
That one looks quite fun (see HERE), but I'd rather get it along with Oniblade.

The balrog is awesome with that yellow helmet lol
I like the game really. Now a quick question - do they make their game in german or atleast english?
I'm there with you about Adrenalin but it shure looks nice enough to be bought by all those fast-and-furious freaks out there.

#30 06/04/07 13:06

geyser
Website

AFAIK, Gaijin's games are not meant to be sold outside Russia, so there are no translations. So you can order the games online, but you'll have to live with the Russian text and audio.

The LOTR parody is special because its main aspect is visual and verbal puns, 99% of which are untranslateable or otherwise rooted in Russian culture. It's not intended for "gaijins".

The Balrog, for example, is a pyromaniac fireman (that much you've noticed), but he's also rebaptised as Bandarlog (a reference to Kipling's Jungle's Book, quite popular in Russia).

Board footer