Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#51 07/23/09 11:07

Lithium

Re: Oni 2

Well when you get a game over on the last stage muros holding the world. Maybe hes like ruler of earth but nothing is destroyed. But maybe konoko's chrysalis or her messing with the plan made it so the atmospheric procesors blew up killing anyone within the area. But maybe the survivors will start a new life. I think she didnt poison the atmosphere for now. Because without the processors it will get poisoned eventually. So she did buy them some time. And the cost was the damages. So she practically saved the world. I blame all this on the tctf. If they didnt arrest Hasegawa, Then muro wouldn have not gone beserk. But i was always confused about the satelite and i was also pissed off sad but this is just my theory.

Last edited by Lithium (07/23/09 11:07)

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#52 07/23/09 12:07

Iritscen

I really don't think the last Daodan burst kills the people around Konoko, but :shrug: there's no evidence one way or another.

Anyway, Konoko "hacked" the satellite to make it overload the ACCs it talked to.  So, around the world (probably), there are no longer ACCs to keep the air clean.  Note the quotes from her in my last post; she felt that if the ACCs were set by Muro to create polluted air, not cleanse it, things would be even worse than if she just destroyed them.  I don't know if it's clear how many were destroyed -- all, most or only some.  But she didn't have much time, and she was all on her own, so she made the only choice she could.  Her hope in the epilogue narration is that the Chrysalis will serve the purpose her father wanted it to -- to save people from the pollution.

(If you're ever unclear on the story, don't forget that all the dialogue and text from the game is on the wiki.  It helps to read it over when you have a question.)

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#53 07/23/09 12:07

Lithium

And she says "the chrysalis will change us all lets hope its for the better" well my thought is, it is gonna accomplish her fathers wish, but the bad side is their mutated forms. Or maybe only muro and konoko can attain it.

Last edited by Lithium (07/23/09 12:07)

#54 07/23/09 12:07

3llense'g

IMHO, the fact that Mai destroyed most of the ACCs  doesn't mean they can't build new ones.

You can call me 3llen. It's shorter and simpler. wink

#55 07/23/09 13:07

Lithium

ok im confused now ill shut up now

#56 07/23/09 13:07

Ire Yosuke
Website

The blast kills Griffin and the black ops! Gah! Play the game and see for yourself. Try to keep them alive and near you.

Next:
Konoko Blows up the ACC for a reason. It's better to destroy them and save some people (milions dead, note the final cutscene) than make the ACC spill air into the cities. It's a lesser evil.

"There are two things that cannot be ignored in life. One is a cannon, the other, a cannon ball." - Commander Patrick "Bombard" Bomba

#57 07/23/09 13:07

paradox-01

Sometimes they stand up again, really. smile

#58 07/23/09 13:07

Lithium

Yea happened to me also i made som Oni yugio cards

#59 07/26/09 08:07

Onikuzu

Ok ... i think the demage was caused by the colapse of atmmosfere processor and if the final energy blast from konoko was deathly it is only the metter of opinions. but i think griffin should be dead cose i killed him once or two. And about muru i once finished him with the gun big_smile so dead for me.

BTW... as i was speeking about mirrors edge and moding it to ONI 2.... there is an hack for mirrors edge to make it 3th person. Even thouht the animations on faith was realy the worst looking... but i liked the enviromental effects and it was first game thet reminds me of Oni and its allabouts fitts tighly to my imagined version of oni 2 story big_smile.

Last edited by Onikuzu (07/26/09 09:07)

#60 07/26/09 10:07

Lithium

yea when isaw the commercial it looked like oni 2. and i consider a short level of M.E. rooftops

#61 08/06/09 13:08

Jazz Ad

I don't know what I'd do but I'd want whichever engine they used for Assassin's Creed to render it. Huge landscapes, hand-to-hand battle and free roaming are implemented already.

#62 10/17/09 12:10

buck ski

1. storyline: 
I think the story line should be highly modified for the second game.... oni leaves the city and comes to realize that the apocalyptic destruction wast big enough to destroy the world since she got to muro on time... she leaves onto another city(future tokyo) in search for muro and his troops which are planning to create a syrum that will cause everyone to die slowly(kind of like the infection which "killed her parents") only half android and half humans will be able to survive this catastrophy!
2. gameplay:
-It should be second person just like the first oni, new weapons, new gadgets, higher hypo power. and most importantly bigger variety of martial arts moves.
-weapons that involve physical combat should be added, like samurai katana swords, etc.

- I dont know if any of you have played mirrors edge but it kind of reminds me of oni in a very ironic way.. if that game would of been made a third person game like oni it would have been awesome! I think free running skills should be added to oni 2! also the ability to push elevator buttons, etc. its kind of annoying when the only thing you can do is open doors with a stupid console!

- one thing that bothered me about the first oni was that it was not possible to drive vehichles, Im not asking  for a grand theft auto but I think if the character had freedom to choose where the next mission will take place... "I really want to drive that motorcycle"  big_smile
- also want to be able to control the hang glider  big_smile

other than that better graphics!

Im not an expert but what I do know is that if we had a game like that it would be out of this world FUNNN!!!!

Last edited by buck ski (10/17/09 12:10)

#63 10/17/09 13:10

Leus
Website

Yeah Mirror's Edge movement + Oni combat = best game ever.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#64 10/17/09 14:10

Lithium

plus gta liberty, plus stealth kills, plus co-op, plus custom soundtrack. Hey who thinks "only the wind blowing" should be used in the end credits?

#65 10/17/09 16:10

Mukade

i dont think this is worth dwelling on rite now tbh... were trying to make the BGI lvl, and thats gonna be tough, if at all possible as it is, if we get that done succesfully, then we can look ahead to biger challenges like oni 2

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#66 10/18/09 23:10

buck ski

idk if that was sarcasm... but custom soundtrack isa great idea.. kinda like hip- hop/ urban japenese type music!

#67 10/19/09 01:10

Samer
Website

Ire Yosuke wrote:

The blast kills Griffin and the black ops! Gah! Play the game and see for yourself. Try to keep them alive and near you.

It really doesn't :S  !! I have played it several times and Griffin being next to me when i finish muro off and then konoko powerups and she knocks griffin down and just before the camera zooms out too much he stands up again .... also if u notice when characters die their shadow ( the black circle underneath them) disappears ... Griffin sometimes get knocked down and doesn't get up again but his shadow remains meaning he's still alive ... but also sometimes he dies neutral
sometimes i'm also able to keep 1 of the black TCTF's alive after she powerups and at close range big_smile ...  It depends how many health they lost during the fight ... if u help them and don't allow them to get hit a lot ... then they survive the powerup.

maybe i should make this a video or something hmm

I play that level a lot xD

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#68 10/19/09 01:10

Stevinlewis

welcome buckski! How come u never intro urself? O_o

#69 10/19/09 09:10

Iritscen

Samoko wrote:

if u help them and don't allow them to get hit a lot ... then they survive the powerup.

maybe i should make this a video or something hmm

You don't have to, they can see that for themselves if they look for it.  And the "Griffin dies" camp is in the minority anyway smile  Most of us accept that they live, or at least that the blast just KOs them.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#70 10/19/09 09:10

Mukade

well, the thing is the ending can take multiple paths, griffin CAN die in combat and u still win, or YOU kill him in the prvious level, with Oni2, we get to decide what actually took place

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#71 10/19/09 09:10

Samer
Website

I think the first installment of the joint story would make a great oni 2 big_smile

#72 10/19/09 13:10

Mukade

hellz yes smile
although there would be editing required, not in grammar but in ideas, take some stuff out, add some stuff in, change stuff... its still a fantastic story, especially coming off the top of our
heads most of the time smile

#73 10/19/09 14:10

Leus
Website

Agreed.  It was seriously set up like a series of levels lol.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#74 10/21/09 16:10

gorilla325

... i am usually not interested in game stories at all... 
and it's no exception for Oni...  tongue 

i am all about gameplay... 
platformer(or parkour),
h2h and weapon combat that is fighting game quality with online (improved with a button assigned for reaction, something like lugaru),
maybe even co-op online. 

improved the core gameplay, everything is secondary. 
the next best thing is moddablility...
so player could easily create their own story and new contents. 

i keep repeating myself...
le sigh... 
i am desperate to see a improved version of Oni.... 
so very desperate.

#75 10/21/09 16:10

Samer
Website

a good game is a combination of a good story and good gameplay ... that's what keeps me getting back to oni.
I don't like mindless slash and bash games ...
unless i find the story compelling enough and draws me in to continue playing and wondering how it will end i don't play it ^_^

i do think the joint story will be a great game to play it had many fight scenes and all old and new characters. and one could alternate playing between  (casey - griffin -barabus -mukade - konoko) since each had their own individual scenes along the way ... also we included weapons and new concepts and all ^_^

but our concept of the BGI is different from what AE team has in mind unfortunately ... maybe it would be an Oni 3 tongue

Board footer