Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/07/09 17:07

Iritscen

Happy Bungie Day

Well, it's that time of the year, when we pause to reflect on where we'd be without Bungie.  Bungie was founded by Alex Seropian and Jason Jones in 1991 and went on to release Pathways into Darkness, the Marathon trilogy, Myth I and II, Oni, and the Halo series.  Pathways into Darkness was a unique real-time/RPG adventure, Marathon introduced LAN gaming and mouse-look to many gamers, and we all know what Oni and Halo are about.  Each new release has brought in a new bunch of fans, and each of us dates back as a Bungie fan to one of those game's eras.

Bungie has gradually developed its own internal sub-culture, language and symbols, some of which we may never fully understand.  However, we do know that seven has always been a significant number in the world of Bungie, and thus 7/7 is Bungie Day.  We of the AE Team had hoped to make a release today, but "the best laid plans", and all that.  Suffice to say that Real Life factors have delayed us until tomorrow.  So, when you see a new stickied post in the Seventh Anniversary Edition forum tomorrow, just turn back your calendar one day before reading it and pretend that we actually released on 7/7 tongue  (and yes, now you know what our avatars were about).  Now go play a Bungie game to celebrate the occasion.  See you tomorrow!

-- The AE Team

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#2 07/07/09 23:07

3llense'g

Re: Happy Bungie Day

My birthday is on the 8th, so it's alright. wink

You can call me 3llen. It's shorter and simpler. wink

#3 07/07/09 23:07

guido
Website

I can't wait for it! tongue

What if this is as good as it gets?

#4 07/08/09 01:07

Gumby

Blame me. smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#5 07/08/09 02:07

Stevinlewis

O.o i see awsome.. Hey! ive got a great idea!!!! why not make OCF day big_smile? its gonna be fun....:P

#6 07/08/09 04:07

love_Oni

Is there any Happy Cake for it? tongue

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#7 07/08/09 14:07

Shade

This sounds really nice. As a fan of Bungie, I've played Myth The Fallen Lords and Myth II Soulblighter when I was a kid, And those were my dads favorite games as well. I very much knew the Myth series after I was intorduced to Oni. I wish I was smart so I can make my own scripts and mods though. But practice makes perfect I guess. What's really sad is, People know all about Bungie and Halo. But they know nothing about Myth or Oni, All they do is talk about Halo and all they care about is Halo. I ask my friends in real life if they know the game Oni. They go Do you mean Oni something? And I said no, Oni is a game created by Bungie. I can't find anyone in real life who know's Oni. It really sucks too because I hope they know what the game is and I am hoping to meet a new friend at School who knows all about the game. But so far, I haven't met anyone who knows the game but all they know is Halo created by Bungie. Does anyone else feel the same about this?

Last edited by Shade (07/08/09 14:07)

#8 07/08/09 14:07

Iritscen

I can relate in general to the disappointment of not knowing any friends who share an interest you have.  When it comes to Oni, you have to keep in mind that it's 8 years old, and never sold in a huge way to begin with.  You'll probably have to show them the game before they can become interested in it.  Just make sure you have other common interests to fall back on if they don't like Oni smile

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#9 07/08/09 14:07

Shade

Iritscen wrote:

I can relate in general to the disappointment of not knowing any friends who share an interest you have.  When it comes to Oni, you have to keep in mind that it's 8 years old, and never sold in a huge way to begin with.  You'll probably have to show them the game before they can become interested in it.  Just make sure you have other common interests to fall back on if they don't like Oni smile

Yeah your right big_smile I'm hoping to make new friends and show them how aweosme Oni is smile I have the PC version too so that will be nicer.

#10 07/08/09 16:07

levka1

I dont know any good bungie games except Oni and Halo but well Oni Rox and Halo is also a cool fps game smile

Board footer