Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/06/09 13:07

Shade

Adding moves to characters?

Ok recently, I've been wanting to add new moves to character's, Such as Mutant Muro's Telekinesis, Mukade's Teleport, Making Shinitama fighting other characters *If possible* So I'm not sure if this is hard or not. I'm wanting to add the Telekinises to Muro so he can grab people and drag them to him. And letting Mukade Teleport 24/7. If anyone can help me with this I'd be relaly appreciated.

Last edited by Shade (07/06/09 13:07)

#2 07/06/09 13:07

TOCS

Re: Adding moves to characters?

There's already a fighting Shinatama somewhere, here on the site.

Those moves you are mentioning, are done in a script, so I guess it won't be possible.
But if you have edition installed you can turn on devmode, and press F7 to cycle through the weapons, both Muro's Telekinesis and Mukades Projectile thingy is available as weapons.

#3 07/06/09 13:07

Iritscen

You'll get a fighting Shinatama in the next release of the Edition, but she might be out there for download somewhere already in the meantime.  I would recommend just waiting for the next release, though.

Mukade's teleporting can only be done by scripting him to move between preset flags.  Sorry.

Muro's telekinesis was turned into a weapon in the Edition.  Just cycle around and you'll find it.  Primary trigger is push, secondary is pull.  Or maybe it's vice versa.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 07/06/09 14:07

Shade

Iritscen wrote:

You'll get a fighting Shinatama in the next release of the Edition, but she might be out there for download somewhere already in the meantime.  I would recommend just waiting for the next release, though.

Mukade's teleporting can only be done by scripting him to move between preset flags.  Sorry.

Muro's telekinesis was turned into a weapon in the Edition.  Just cycle around and you'll find it.  Primary trigger is push, secondary is pull.  Or maybe it's vice versa.

Has anyone done a mod with Mukade yet?

#5 07/06/09 14:07

Gumby

What type of mod?

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#6 07/06/09 15:07

Shade

Gumby wrote:

What type of mod?

Where Mukade can Teleport. Sorry if I'm making this sound hard.

#7 07/06/09 15:07

Iritscen

You can only script Mukade to jump to predetermined points.  I've seen it done in mods (http://mods.oni2.net/index.php?q=node/46), but it's a lot of work.  If you're asking if we can make Mukade teleport around as a playable character, I would pretty much use the word "impossible" there.

#8 07/08/09 09:07

Shade

Iritscen wrote:

You can only script Mukade to jump to predetermined points.  I've seen it done in mods (http://mods.oni2.net/index.php?q=node/46), but it's a lot of work.  If you're asking if we can make Mukade teleport around as a playable character, I would pretty much use the word "impossible" there.

I meant that once you've fight Mukade in the roof tops level or I don't know which level it is, Mukade teleports allot to get away from Konoko and he does a sneak attack to attack her from behind. I'm just wondering if you can add that move to him. Heres a image of him preforming this move, Sorry if I'm making it sound hard.

http://img12.imageshack.us/i/26027294.jpg/

Last edited by Shade (07/08/09 09:07)

#9 07/08/09 09:07

Iritscen

If I understand what you're asking, that would require coding to make the AI capable of that.  It's not possible to make an AI jump behind the player unless the player is standing "on a mark", as actors say.  If we knew Konoko was on a flag, we could jump Mukade behind her.  But I don't know what that would accomplish.

#10 07/08/09 11:07

Gumby

No, you could use a melee profile and a sneaky move (like my ninja dash) to accomplish it.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#11 07/08/09 11:07

Shade

Ok, Sorry if I was giving you guys some trouble.

#12 07/08/09 11:07

Iritscen

It's no trouble, I just wasn't sure what you were asking.  Is this a video of what you wanted?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-ksW1bBBsg cool

Happened to me a while ago, purely by accident.

#13 07/08/09 14:07

Shade

Iritscen wrote:

It's no trouble, I just wasn't sure what you were asking.  Is this a video of what you wanted?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-ksW1bBBsg cool

Happened to me a while ago, purely by accident.

Yeah that's what I'm talking about smile. Hopefully someone would find a way to let Mudake do that any time you play him on shapeshifter mode.

#14 07/08/09 14:07

Iritscen

Not to be a naysayer, but I don't think that exact thing will ever be possible with our current modding abilities.  It would take a change in the code to make that happen.  But just to reiterate what Gumby said, he has done something kind of similar with normal ninjas, which allows them to pass through their opponents when dodging, and that ability could be given to Mukade.

#15 07/08/09 14:07

Shade

Iritscen wrote:

Not to be a naysayer, but I don't think that exact thing will ever be possible with our current modding abilities.  It would take a change in the code to make that happen.  But just to reiterate what Gumby said, he has done something kind of similar with normal ninjas, which allows them to pass through their opponents when dodging, and that ability could be given to Mukade.

Yeah I agree with you on that. Now that would be scary if we seen all the Ninja's teleporting all over the place :S I bet Konoko couldn't handle them all.

Board footer