Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/04/09 07:07

Shade

Cant save edited scripts.

I'm having problems with this big time, I'm trying to edit a script and every time I try to save the file it says.

Cannot create the C:Program
     Files\Oni\GameDataFolder\IGMD\dream_lab_logic.bsl file. 

Make sure that the path and file name are correct.

And this is for the Notepad.

Now I'm using  Notepad ++ and It wont allow me to save the file, Every time I try to save the file it says the same thing and now it wont even let me edit anything in it.

What am I doing wrong? What's causing this to not let me change or save anything? It has the right path but why is it giving me all these errors?

#2 07/04/09 08:07

love_Oni

Re: Cant save edited scripts.

Can you check the file's attribute? If a file is read-only then we can't save it.

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#3 07/04/09 08:07

Shade

love_Oni wrote:

Can you check the file's attribute? If a file is read-only then we can't save it.

It worked fine awhile ago but now it wont let me save or edit the files. I tried reinstalling Oni with all the files even the GameDataFolder restored, It wont allow me to edit the scripts, Do I need the AE Edition or something to make Oni Scripts?

#4 07/04/09 08:07

Iritscen

No, no.  This sounds like a Windows issue to me, not an Oni one.  *waits for Windows users to show up to help*

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 07/04/09 08:07

Shade

Iritscen wrote:

No, no.  This sounds like a Windows issue to me, not an Oni one.  *waits for Windows users to show up to help*

I'm using my moms Windows Vista since my DVD Rom driver is damaged on my Windows XP, So I really don't know what the issue is here.

#6 07/04/09 09:07

RossyMiles
Website

Vista user reporting in big_smile
The problem your having is that files in the program files dir can only be edited by administrators. To edit the files, right click on notepad or notepad++ and choose "run as administrator". If that worked, you now have a "administrator notepad" open that can edit these files.

#7 07/04/09 23:07

Gumby

Or you could take ownership of the Oni folder.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#8 07/08/09 08:07

Shade

Gumby wrote:

Or you could take ownership of the Oni folder.

Yeah, I have found the problem, I had to use the Anniversary Edition and I had to extract all the files etc, Now it's working perfectly, Apparently I can't edit the regular game scripts. I tested some stuff with the scripts that the anniversary edition fixed and apparently they all work now in Notepad and Notepad ++. Is there going to be a new anniversary edition soon or something? And thanks for the help everyone.

Board footer