geyser
Website

Re: Movies

OK, so Loser is not dead.
And he's even released a patch.
That's... impressive? Probably smile

Any release date for Warehouse Too? sad
Any chance we could work together? neutral

Our YouTube portals could be much better organized.
Not individually, I mean (they're mostly fine). Interlinking.
I think I'll register and do some commenting work soon.

BTW, check out THIS.
That guy is my hero.

@Loser: Seriously, you're good. And you're alive. And that's even better.
Have you noticed that the pathfinding knowledge is basically complete?
Guess what that means. That means Warehouse Cheese is on the way.
And I don't know about you, but I won't be releasing a "final" Warehouse.
I'll be releasing incremental upgrades, versions and mods for "demOni" wink
You're welcome to throw in every knowledge and achievement you have.
One thing, though. Elite anims are out. So's "char_focus"ing. Sorry smile

Please note that the ONWC import is not universally compatible ATM...
File IDs don't have to match... "clever" patching is the only way. And it's not there yet.
For now, what I've been doing is provide a lookup table for IDs. See for SBG HERE.
That way, people know if it's actually gonna work of if there'll have to be extra hacking.

Sun: Whatever smile Neo happens to have looked at the same thing a short while ago.
We noticed that the texture was present and linked to but somehow not shown.
Your hack will probably help bring the sun back (and rotated properly, too) smile
But, more than ever, we need regular contact for modding to be efficient... neutral

Last edited by geyser (04/20/07 11:04)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#52 04/20/07 21:04

EL

geyser wrote:

BTW, check out THIS.
That guy is my hero.

I wish the scientists were actually like that. They would be more helpful.

"Here take this hypo" hmm

elgamercarduj3.jpg

#53 04/20/07 22:04

geyser
Website

Flatline Zombie Scientists should spice things up a bit already...
"Here, take this wea... *CLICK* *stares at Konoko blankly, turns SBG against her, pulls trigger*"

Last edited by geyser (04/20/07 22:04)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#54 04/21/07 09:04

ZDLO

geyser parkouring smile. Nice to see involving geyser in this type of Oni movies. Great.
Yea, I have a lot of this, but I lose it many times ago... Don't try to dig up it wink. I think the easiest way to post it on YT is upload them again. So, I have to upload it anywhere, as I understand? EdT and Script_10K will be enough for "Oni movies promotion"...

ZDLO: I post the movies to YouTube just to show the cool stuff we're able to do with Oni. Hopefully, this will get more people interested in Oni again.

Yea, this right.

I agree with geyser about more corrected names for movies. Such as mine OFS is not just a fight, especially "Great Fight". It's just show Oni fighting types and tricks. So I think you can even named it like Oni Fighting School... or maybe better.

@ Loser: great video again. Weapon, a lot of shells, just awesome. Falling bodies - yea, "missed stuff" smile.

PS: I'll dig up my old movies and post links here. BTW I can't create any new movies or just normal play. So that's why I be out of humour... Look at Help and Troubleshooting for details.

Unfortunately I become offline at last time.
My english still bad. I'm sorry for it...

#55 04/21/07 17:04

Your_Mom
Website

Yes I'm Back again, well aside from that,

lol Kerr owning Muro, I remeber when a "Thug" did that, and I wasn't playing as the thug. lol. I was watching.

what do you use to take movies anyway? FRAPs only allows 30 seconds.

droid803sig.jpg

#56 04/21/07 18:04

Tosh
Website

If you're willing to sacrifice sound, I use Taksi.

#57 04/21/07 18:04

geyser
Website

That particular guy seems to have used the full version of Fraps for both his movies (the other being Rooftops OTA footage).
Since he doesn't retain Oni's sounds and uses only external music, he could as well have used Taksi (freeware Fraps clone).
There's another guy out there, recording Oni movies since January while unrelated to this forum's community. Remarkable.
HERE. Konoko's performance is so-so, but you gotta love the ending.

And completely unrelated, childish, whatever...
I quite like some aspects of Kim Possible.
And (what the heck) Armitage III.

Last edited by geyser (04/26/07 23:04)

#58 04/26/07 22:04

geyser
Website

accident + music = fun
mr. b's dance troupe

#59 04/26/07 22:04

Tosh
Website

geyser wrote:

accident + music = fun
mr. b's dance troupe

xD That's great.

#60 04/27/07 00:04

Loser

Konoko's reaction (and mine too)
"....chachacha...BAKAs...."

Last edited by Loser (04/27/07 00:04)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#61 04/27/07 18:04

EdT
Website

geyser: very funny.  I can post it to YT, unless you want to get your own account and post it yourself.

#62 04/27/07 20:04

geyser
Website

I have a YT account since yesterday, but I'm not sure if it's good to scatter videos between several accounts.
Even if I keep contributing such a funny video every now and then, it will be somewhat decoupled from the rest.
Or maybe not. Maybe I'll post it myself, as a video response to something posted by another Oni fan.
So, no instructions so far... Thinking of recording a Stamina Rose demo (original script, not Loser's) smile

#63 04/28/07 01:04

guido
Website

Instead of youtube, we may all consider the possibility of getting a free account on www.veoh.com
I don't know which are the features for youtube members. As far as I can see veoh allows a registered user to download videos and post them with far higher resolution and better quality than on you tube.

What if this is as good as it gets?

#64 04/29/07 04:04

geyser
Website

I'm against veoh (nothing personal). Higher res and quality = much bigger DL size.
And they play a video at you on the front page (some StarTrek parody right now).
(just for that, I'd have them hanged smile )

They have fewer quality vids up there: mostly parodies and other stuff like that.
As far as I can tell, the community on veoh just doesn't compare to that of YT...
YT is truly "connecting people". The diversity of the videos on YT is just amazing.
And veoh is, like, for people who think YT's quality is not "good enough" for them wink

Seriously, I'm quite content with YouTube's quality and resolution. Although the videos are not officially DLable, you can retirieve the FLV files from you browser's cache and play them back with VLC.
Also, since all of our videos were authored in WMV format or similar, I'd just host the high-res version on oni2.net and provide the download link in the YT video comments. See HERE

Beside the Friends and Favorites which we may set up to keep ourselves connected (Loser, Ed, Script, myself, and other Oni fans out there), there's now an Oni "group".
I'd invite the Oni video posters to join the group and add their Oni vids to it, so that they are all viewable in one place. The Oni group you can find HERE

Last edited by geyser (04/29/07 05:04)

#65 04/29/07 07:04

s10k
Website

I'd invite the Oni video posters to join the group and add their Oni vids to it, so that they are all viewable in one place. The Oni group you can find HERE

Nice, I joined already. wink

#66 04/29/07 10:04

EdT
Website

geyser: great idea!

#67 05/12/07 08:05

ZDLO

accident + music = fun
mr. b's dance troupe

Ha-ha-ha, LoL! big_smile. It's really fun! I have never seen something like that before. smile

I'd invite the Oni video posters to join the group and add their Oni vids to it, so that they are all viewable in one place.

Yea, great idea.

As for me I dig up all my old movies. See it on http://zdlo.oni2.net/Movies/ and http://zdlo.oni2.net/Oni_Fighting_School/ for movies related to OFS. Here are you will find some new movies which I have newer posted before. Also you will find here a new directory named "temp". There I post only not interesting or really temporary movies.

Here are some links for new movies which I have never posted before (even on old forum):
Monkey stile - it's a combat movie which I wanted to add to OFS project just to show different Oni-fighting styles... At now it's just a movie.
Movie that show TCTF force devotion smile.
Just another painful roof trick.
Lab trick which show that it's not necessary to cranage at the end. Originaly it was showed by SektorZ with behemoth cheat many times ago.
Movie connected with bug tricks.

And my old final movie with all allies alive.

PS: Yea, they are wait for the place on public YT wink

Last edited by ZDLO (05/12/07 08:05)

#68 05/12/07 09:05

geyser
Website

CM.wmv is really nice. Shows what Stamina Rose could/should look like.
ZDLO takes the same shortcut as me on SP1, which makes it obvious that Mukade is way too slow.
Maybe I'd make the jumps at the start of SP2 more flashy (or even more direct). Express phase cloak is a nice touch.
It's a shame that the cutscenes before SP3 and SP4 were cut, otherwise I could already put this to the music smile
All in all, obviously the script and passing could/should be polished so that the chase becomes truly glorious.

Maybe I'll make a "parkour" compilation out of all those "tricks". "You must exercise the proper technique..."

EDIT: "Mountain king" seems corrupt sad

Last edited by geyser (05/12/07 09:05)

#69 05/12/07 09:05

ZDLO

To geyser: well, I wanted to talk more about this on PM. But you are already there. smile

It's a shame that the cutscenes before SP3 and SP4 were cut

It's a pity that I don't know all word-emotions (where I can get a list of it?), because I want to say something "BU-BU-BU" and don't know how much it's correctly...
Yea, a trick is really nice and difficult, I admire you for that. But as for me my Oni still works so lagy, so I can make it only without guys. Well, you can say that I can insert small part between SP3-SP4 without guys... maybe. That is why I put this movie in temp (not only for this, the project is not over, I just want to show you my tempo to make some fixes).
And did you see how I skided on the stairs? wink - It's all my system's problems... Also I try to record full passing from SP1 to SP4 without footage. But I have the same problem again! When I came to SP2 Oni start works very lagy! So I even can't pass this. I have to reboot scripts. That is why I use Save Points...

More about this great (I'm not joking) project at PM or ICQ.

"Mountain king" seems corrupt

Try again.

Last edited by ZDLO (05/12/07 09:05)

#70 05/12/07 14:05

geyser
Website

Serious Konoko, Episode 2: ASTRAY
WMV (3 MB)
YouTube

#71 05/14/07 14:05

geyser
Website

Serious Konoko, Episode 3: Storming the Rooftops AKA Stamina Rose (take 1)
WMV (11 MB)
YouTube

Taking a break now...

Last edited by geyser (05/14/07 14:05)

#72 05/14/07 22:05

Loser

Geyser, you R.O.C.K dude (Really Owning Clever Kicka**) !!! OK, I gone too far, sorry..... but still, amazing video. Only near the end, you should borrow some ZDLO's tricks (luring Mukade out of battle arena) instead of playing our well known sequence. Still, amazing.

I apologize for being ai2_inactive now, but I have school and other problems plus I have to finish Final Fantasy VII. To sum it up, I am taking break from ONI. Usually, when I go back to ONI after some while, I am able to do something, to think off something, to find something. So let's hope this time it will be the same. So...I apologize.          Loser

P.S.: And enjoy your break! ^_-
P.S.2: I have downloaded your ASCII pathfinding grid editor. Looks like I know what I am going to do when I will have free time....^_^

Last edited by Loser (05/14/07 23:05)

#73 05/15/07 04:05

geyser
Website

Apart from dashing characters, this is the original Oni. Bypassing the cutscene and going Astray Again would have been beside the point smile
Also, one of the long-planned-out features was the ending, complete with the original cutscene. Too perfect a timing for me to ignore it smile

The whole thing timed really well: I barely had to edit anything. Cut 2 seconds from the final cutscene, and aligned the music on a few events.
It was lucky how many events happened to match the beat (falling ninjas, Mukade's footsteps, various jumps and landings, SP 2 and 3 starts).
I didn't handle the AI encounters too well, and I wasn't lucky at all with the ninjas at the zipline (one dropped the SMG, the other grabbed it).
As for the sniper, you don't have to dare the devil like I did. If you can't see him, he can't see you (original scripts).
So the trick is to aim low until you jump across the pit. Then he heads right, sees you at the last moment, and misses smile

It's totally possible to rerecord this with a properly setup Mukade, more AI (maybe dumb ones that will miss you most of the time) and maybe more camera work. Later.

As for the "I'm useless, but not for long, the future is coming on..."
I've integrated your chaingun into the first "Oni ni Kanabô" release for DemOni, along with a bunch of other weapons and firing modes.
Feels great. I've reduced the ammo, though, so it only makes sense to use it for quick bursts, more like a shotgun. Really feels great.
It would need new scripts with many more opponents to really become challenging, though. For now, what's challenging is to survive an AI wielding that baby.

As for what you'll do when you're back to Oni... I'd focus on DemOni, since generating binary patches for a known version is very easy. I'll show you how wink
Of course Chapters 1, 2 and 4 might look a bit limiting, but that makes the modding challenge all the better, right? Let's make the best of these 3 levels!

(I'll be releasing a basic version of Oni ni Kanabô anywhere between tonight and this weekend)

Last edited by geyser (05/15/07 07:05)

#74 05/16/07 12:05

Loser

Let's make the best of these 3 levels!

Yes sir !!! Looking forward to squeeze every last potential of this game...

Last edited by Loser (05/16/07 12:05)

#75 05/16/07 15:05

Tosh
Website

geyser wrote:

Serious Konoko, Episode 3: Storming the Rooftops AKA Stamina Rose (take 1)
WMV (11 MB)
YouTube

Taking a break now...

Ah! You did it. big_smile
Congrats. Looked great too.

Also I particularly like Astray, that jump on the Regional State Building was awesome. @__@

Board footer