Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 05/22/09 13:05

Iritscen

Coming Soon to an Edition Near You...

We of the AE Team feel badly that so much time has passed without a new release.  Hopefully no one thinks that the work has been slowing down and there's little reason to keep checking this forum, because a lot of interesting things have been happening in the background during that time.  We plan to make a new release of the Edition soon, but in the meantime, here's a few of the things that have been taking so much time behind the scenes:

- Setting up a totally new workflow for getting things done in the Edition, primarily making a VCS repository and organizing to-do lists
- Programming, researching, and more programming
- Designing and testing a new system for the mods that make up the Edition
- Doing most of the work with a limited number of hands (many team members being busy with real life demands atm)

Anyway, here's a few of the features being added to the upcoming release:
- Hotkey to skip cutscenes (I know this one is a big deal in my book smile )
- Ability to choose which parts of the Edition to install
- More interesting interactions with glass wink

I'm leaving a few things out to preserve some surprise when the release comes out, plus there's a couple cool combat modifications that may not make it into this release; if not, they'll certainly be in the next one, but I don't want to promise something that's not definite.  Anyway, just know that we're eager to get the latest Edition out as soon as possible, and although we can't name a release date, it's not too far off.  So keep your eyes on this forum; we'll make a Sticky thread for it when it's done!

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#2 05/24/09 05:05

Stevinlewis

Re: Coming Soon to an Edition Near You...

woooo!!!!!!!!! OH YEAH FINALLY AN UPDATE ON ME ONI NOW I WANA OWN SOME SYNDICATE BUTT!!:P

Board footer