#1 05/21/09 02:05

Pierre

Konoko Payne, may 2009 update

Another quick update with some bug fixes and stuff:
http://www.codercorner.com/KonokoPayne_WIP_May_2009.rar

#2 05/21/09 11:05

Gumby

Re: Konoko Payne, may 2009 update

Looks good, I'll try this...something that has been bugging me though...

I made the combos easier though, they were too difficult to pull off in ONI...

Is there any way you could have an option to go back to Oni style combos? (ie, press the button for the next attack exactly one attack before, instead of being able to hit a combo quickly and have it automatically go through the whole chain, no timing required). It has been screwing me up a bit, to be honest. tongue

--

Ai! Another thing: got stuck looking for the place to take a picture of, so I went exploring and got stuck underneath the "elevator". Big huge boring pit. tongue

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#3 05/21/09 12:05

Iritscen

I haven't found the time to boot into Windows yet to try this, but I think I can already agree with Gumby that I like the way Oni's combos work, even if some of the individual button-press "windows" are a little short.  I've never enjoyed melee combat where you can mash keys and then watch the series of attacks play itself out (X-Blades does this, to my annoyance).  This tends to lead to getting stuck in a combo as the situation in the fight changes.  Oni's system allows you, and even the AI, to cut a combo short at the latest possible moment if changing situations make it a bad idea to continue the sequence of moves.  Now, hopefully I'm not speaking out of ignorance in assuming I get how KP works; it's been a while since I played a previous demo of it, so I know I need to play the latest version before I can have a truly informed opinion on it.

Anyway, please keep up the hard work, Pierre!

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 05/21/09 12:05

Gumby

Also, also, where is the key to open the main menu? big_smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

Board footer