Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 04/22/07 11:04

SektorZ
Website

New ONI project

Hey, it's been a while. I'm doing my 359th Oni-related project. Only this time I'll probably finish it.
Screenshots here:
http://sektorz.exoo.net/Projects/

The game will be pretty various, action/adventure/rpg/racing and who knows what else later.
Yes, you will drive Konoko's bike. Screen - http://i14.tinypic.com/4icouax.jpg
Actually I have a question - I'll include the Iron Demon 100% and I was wondering who made it? I know it was someone from this forum, but not sure..

For the game - it's planned to be all those things listed up there, and those screenshots are just tests. I've (almost) finished the adventure engine, the racing engine and the battle system. I'm doing scenes of Oni, and I'm including alot of other game characters (its a twist!) - Grand Theft Auto III, some movies and everything else that's good. Konoko will be voiced by an actor, along with pretty much everyone else, there will be subtitles too (home-made voice acting can't be really clear, if anyone wants to voice her or someone else, tell me, I will accept you).

I hope I will be able to release an engine demo soon, the game will use the latest visual technologies, bumpmapping, dynamic lighting, I'm trying to do some sort of physics too, reflections and other pretty things that are actually really old. It will take a week or so, I'm trying to get a driver's license, certificate for a computer hardware thingy, school stuff, army stuff, all kinds of bad things.
I hope most of you old dogs are still here.

Last edited by SektorZ (04/22/07 11:04)

#2 04/22/07 14:04

dez_zt

Re: New ONI project

Looks promising. smile

...gtaguy and konoko a couple now? lol

#3 04/22/07 14:04

SektorZ
Website

They will solve stuff together :D

Three main guys so far:
Mai Hasagawa (Konoko)
Claude Speed (The GTA3 and GTA2 main hero)
N-Spiritus (My stick figure character)

Last edited by SektorZ (04/22/07 14:04)

#4 04/22/07 20:04

Your_Mom
Website

Nice. Lookin forward to it. tongue

droid803sig.jpg

#5 04/23/07 04:04

geyser
Website

Iron Demon was made by Seventeen Seconds.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#6 04/23/07 05:04

Mango

What kind of programs are you using, for modelling and coding. Will you release any of your models?
I'm interested, as this is the kind of thing I'd like to attempt on a smaller scale, but I don't know much about programming.

Don't suppose there's any chance of a mac build... do you think it would be possible if a mac-user had the source code?

Keep up the good work.

Bite off more than you can chew... then chew like hell!!!

oniuserbaren4.png

#7 04/23/07 05:04

SektorZ
Website

#Your_Mom
Tenku :]

#geyser
k

#Mango
It won't work on Macs, but there's something on some, called BootCamp, which allows you to run both Windows and Macintosh programs. It may work, I don't have a Mac and I don't know.

Releasing models... nope. I had to do them all over again three times, not to mention I'll be using my own kind of file type for protection. If you really need something I can still help you. But the sources will be encrypted.

Last edited by SektorZ (04/23/07 05:04)

#8 04/23/07 06:04

geyser
Website

Pictures in BMP ?!! Ackkkkkk !!! smile

Releasing models... nope.

Heh, it's the original models anyway. They're all available on their own.
Animations are a different thing, though. What anims are you using?

It won't work on Mac

BootCamp requires Windows, which kinda sucks. (dar)Wine doesn't, but compatibility is not full. Both are meant for IntelMacs primarily.
To answer Mango's Q, even if Sektor released the source (which he won't wink ) you probably wouldn't be able to build a version for Mac. Not without some heavy porting work.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#9 04/23/07 08:04

SektorZ
Website

That's right (the source thing).
The original models can be easily extracted from Oni, but I had to fix the wrong faces, build skeletons & animate them.

which he won't wink

It's not like you'd ever release yours if you had worked on it for months :b

What anims are you using?

What anims? You mean like, how are they animated? It's skeletal animation. Clear your question.

Last edited by SektorZ (04/23/07 08:04)

#10 04/23/07 13:04

geyser
Website

It's not like you'd ever release yours if you had worked on it for months :b

Incorrect. Speaking for myself, open source is always the way to go, unless there's an NDA with someone fat and ugly.

What anims? You mean like, how are they animated? It's skeletal animation. Clear your question.

By "anims" I mean animations: canned rotations of bones with respect to each other, pelvis displacement, that kind of thing smile
You said "battle system" so I inevitably thought there'd be more than running and shooting (and riding and such). Any melee?
I merely wondered whether you authored most of the "anims" yourself, and where you took them from when and if you didn't.

Last edited by geyser (04/23/07 13:04)

#11 04/23/07 13:04

SektorZ
Website

I've built and set correctly all the skeletons and animated all the characters. The battle system is an RPG style (since I was inspired from Final Fantasy), it's pretty much done (only bugs to fix), all the three (so far) characters have three moves - special attack, attack and block.

Konoko's special attack is a daodan-related thingy I didn't think trough, her normal attack is Devil Spin Kick!!! and she can block.
Claude's special attack is calling the Cheetah (it's a vehicle from GTA3) to run over the enemy he selects, his other attack is shooting and his block regains some of his health.
N-Spiritus' special attack is throwing a phase-7 N-Spiritus (you don't get it), normal attack is some punches and kicks, and block also regains some health.

If you've played FinalFantasy (even the nintendo or sega versions) you'd know how that goes.

Last edited by SektorZ (04/23/07 13:04)

#12 04/23/07 15:04

geyser
Website

I haven't played FF, but I've been toying around with Gunnm:Martian Memory lately.
The combat system combines melee, swordfighting and gunplay. Quite inspiring. Check it out.

I'm confused by how you say you've "animated all the characters" and then mention "Devil Spin Kick".
Did you manage to extract the animation tracks for DSK, or is it something you made from scratch?

Last edited by geyser (04/23/07 15:04)

#13 04/23/07 15:04

SektorZ
Website

Scratch. That game looks nice and reminds FF in many aspects (fantasy building design, low-poly models, different camera angles). Same with my game, only the models are not so low-poly, the design is more like present-day building design, the camera engine is the same.

#14 04/23/07 16:04

Tosh
Website

Sounds interesting, but I'll miss the real time style fighting. :X
You gonna use items from the game too? Like hypos instead of potions, and hospital trucks instead of phoenix downs? xD

#15 04/24/07 07:04

SektorZ
Website

Nah, at least not for now - the characters are always on full health when a battle starts. But I'll still probably find a use for those items

#16 04/29/07 08:04

Soul

O.o wow this looks really cool! I cant wait to get my hands on that^^
I hope you can release a demo of it soon

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.
or should I?
You know what I'd like to be?
I mean if I had my goddamn choice, I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all.

#17 05/01/07 17:05

SektorZ
Website

Yeah me too :] I'll finally be almost free to work on it in the end of this week ;]

#18 05/28/07 20:05

itstemo1

empty

Last edited by itstemo1 (09/04/17 20:09)

Board footer