Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 04/05/09 05:04

Loser

Uncharted 2:Among thieves

I created a new topic about this game, because as I have been reading through previews lately, I have noticed some interesting (for Oni fans) facts that should be shared here.

1.) Uncharted is a adventure game, mix between shooting/close fighting/stealth. Ring any bells ^_^?

2.) While it does not focus on close combat, Naughty dogs promise it will have quite solid close combat system - attacks, grabs, disarms. Not a word about blocking yet. Could be nice choice for those of us who own PS3.

3.) AI of the enemies is VERY uplifted in previews. Naughty dogs are quite proud of their work - they even gave their AI characters ... a peripheral vision! What an awesome groundbreaking feature in 2009, emphased in previews as something new to the gaming world ... "Ignorance is Strength" (Orwell).

4.) Enemies are also going to be able to hunt you down even if you climb on obstacles (they can as well). Again presented as something completely groundbreaking in previews (Tenchu 1 anyone? ^_^).

All around - this topic is made for all you to be aware of this game if you missed it. Oh, and true, as my personal rant. Sigh, so many gameplay elements presented as something "extra" while you can see them working in games which are years old. If this is going to continue, we will soon have trailer slogans like "containing brand new feature - you can grab more enemies at once" (Path of Neo, Urban Reign, Rise to Honour and some other) and so on...

But to close this, I am looking forward to see this game. It has the potential to be a nice piece. I just disagree a bit  with hype around it, but I guess money is money and if we can, we will do...

Loser

Last edited by Loser (04/05/09 06:04)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#2 04/05/09 06:04

Iritscen

Re: Uncharted 2:Among thieves

Loser wrote:

they even gave their AI characters ... a peripheral vision! What an awesome groundbreaking feature in 2009, emphased in previews as something new to the gaming world ... "Ignorance is Strength" (Orwell).

lol

But yeah, I think the first Uncharted got good reviews, so this will probably be one to look out for.  So, who actually owns a PS3 ^_^?  I haven't been able to justify the expense since I don't have time for games these days.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 05/18/09 09:05

Loser

HERE watch 5 minutes official release gameplay.

And then support me with creating petition for kindly asking Naughty Dogs to release it for PC ^_^

As you can see in the video, close combat looks promising - maybe finally decendant of Oni, after 8 years ?

Just that AI...it is way too ignorant compared to Oni in my opinion. How comes guards don't hear you footsteps or heads of comrades being smashed into wall ?

I know it sounds paranoid, but I think (seriously! ) that somebody from ND played or know Oni, so when sequel for Uncharted was in concept stage, some elements were adopted. I talk for example about intro scene, where Drake runs forward, aims behind him and shoots. Look close at his movement and appearance of animations. Ring any bells? (hint - armed striker ) ^_^

Last edited by Loser (05/18/09 09:05)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#4 05/18/09 10:05

Iritscen

Heh, I'm not sure I can agree about Oni being a direct inspiration, but that game looks amazing (and I don't just mean the graphics).  I guess the combat leans towards more down-to-earth fighting than flashy martial arts like Oni, but that's fine too.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer