Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 04/10/09 02:04

Stevinlewis

Adding allies in game

hey guys how do u add allies in game? im kinda confused. and how to you know where the flag points are?

#2 04/10/09 07:04

Iritscen

Re: Adding allies in game

As far as knowing which flags are where, I think this is the most definitive answer that's been made on the forum (don't forget to try searching before asking a question wink ).

If you want to create some allies to fight alongside you, you will either need to enter some BSL commands on the console line or into a .bsl file.  Perhaps someone here will have a better method, but what I would do is read through the scripts of the level I am going to play in, gathering names of enemies and allies.  For instance if you want to add a couple Striker allies to the Airport level, you could read through Oni/GameDataFolder/IGMD/Airport/airport1_level_logic.bsl and spot lines like "ai2_spawn IntroStriker01".

You could then teleport them to your desired flag (let's say it's flag 5) like so: "chr_teleport IntroStriker01 5".  Of course Strikers are naturally your enemies, so you have to change their allegiance with the chr_changeteam command: "chr_changeteam IntroStriker01 TCTF".  Now they're on Konoko's side.  If you haven't already, make sure you read over the wiki docs on BSL commands for more info on this and other commands that you can use: http://wiki.oni2.net/BSL:Functions.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 04/10/09 08:04

Stevinlewis

thanks lots smile. how about adding more friends? like for example from manplant logic.bsl its ai2_spawn partner_cop_1 force. i already know on that level but then i cant find any on the other leevels. maybe i dident find in the right spot ?

#4 04/10/09 09:04

Gumby

They don't always spawn where you want them to. smile And you have to type the name perfectly.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#5 04/10/09 21:04

Stevinlewis

but there is a way to spawn them right? like the codes of flags and all?

Board footer