Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 04/23/07 13:04

Bombman

Speed Run

I'm working on a run for this game on PS2 (yes, the evil PS2 port) to go to speeddemosarchive.com

Single segment, no deaths, hard mode. Should be done in about a month or so.

So far I have level 1 thru 3 done, 10, and 11, working on level 4. You can also discuss this at the SDA forum at the topic I made, under Newer Consoles.

Someone did a run for level 1 http://www.gamespot.com/users/yian/vide … Ct5bsLsjbZ, mine is similar to this but about 20 seconds faster.

#2 04/23/07 13:04

Bombman

Re: Speed Run

I just rechecked that vid. Mine's probably like a minute faster.

#3 04/23/07 16:04

Tosh
Website

He mentions that the cutscenes are unskippable, might I suggest you use the version without the cutscenes?
I can't find the link to the scripts at the moment, though.

#4 04/23/07 19:04

geyser
Website

EdT has a link in the news on http://edt.oni2.net

Last edited by geyser (04/23/07 19:04)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#5 04/24/07 09:04

Bombman

Hrm, my ps2 died right as I was trying to finish level 4. For some reason it won't play CD games anymore ._.
I'll have to get a new one next week. I guess the run is delayed for now.

Anyone care to donate? big_smile

Last edited by Bombman (04/24/07 09:04)

#6 04/24/07 12:04

Tosh
Website

Oh right, PS2, can't use scripts on that currently. >_< *feels stupid*

Later PS2s were built so that the CD reader/tray breaks about a year in, goto a Game Trader or similar store near you, they will probably be able to repair it.

#7 04/24/07 16:04

geyser
Website

Hehe, Bombman, looks like you exceeded the speed limit of the CD drive... and truly "broke the record" big_smile
Interestingly, Tracker has come up with par times a short while ago. It'd be nice to have the 2 of you competing.
A par time to beat (mine) is 2:46 from SP1 to SP4 in Rooftops. Hint: you have to take a lot of shortcuts for that one.

Oh right, PS2, can't use scripts on that currently. >_< *feels stupid*

Same thing here: whatever happened to my attention span? big_smile

Last edited by geyser (04/24/07 16:04)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#8 04/25/07 09:04

Bombman

http://geyser.oni2.net/_VIDEO_/WMV/ZiplineBypass.wmv

Where is this done? I want to see if it's feasible during the run. Actually, the only major shortcut I know in Rooftops is from the zipline past the two ninja and jump all the way down to the force field near the boss elevator.

I can't trade in my PS2. I was playing on a Japanese PS2 and using a swap disc, so I probably shorted the lens laser or something.

Last edited by Bombman (04/25/07 09:04)

#9 04/25/07 09:04

Bombman

Have you ever seen a slide jumping glitch? You run a little bit past the edge of a ledge, then press jump and crouch right away, like you're doing a jump flip right off the ground. But instead of flipping she slides and moves upward. I'm still trying to figure out how useful it is, I think she lands faster than a regular jump flip.

Board footer