Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/11/09 14:01

demos_kratos

Oni Mortal Kombat Mod

Well, it's been awhile since I visited Oni Central. Hello everyone!

I've made a simple time-killing mod named Mortal Kombat Mod or MKM ver 0.5b.
It's only a beta so I'll carefully listen to all your comments.

Here is MKM for Windows - http://drop.io/demos_kratos/asset/oni-mk-win-rar

The same for Mac - http://drop.io/demos_kratos/asset/oni-mk-mac-rar

P. S. I don't know if the Mac version will work properly because I have a PC and no idea how it will work on Mac. So don't blame me. smile

Jente, du er deilig, du er lekker, ihvertfall nå når jeg drikker.
Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?
Kan du si meg det? Jeg er ikke så stø i sannsynlighetsregning.

#2 01/11/09 21:01

Iritscen

Re: Oni Mortal Kombat Mod

Hi d_k, and thanks for joining the Team by the way; Gumby and I have to straighten out the AE to-do list and then we can find something for you to help with. smile

Anyway, this is looking good, and it's only v0.5, so I guess that means there's room for suggestions ^_^

I have a Mac, and it didn't work for me until I replaced your "goto"s with "chr_location 0"s.  We have a table on the wiki here that is supposed to show which commands the Mac can't use, although it is actually out of date since we began restoring functions through patches.  But it gives you an idea of what out-of-the-box Oni can do on the Mac.  Once I made that change, it worked like a charm (I used find/replace at first, but I accidentally changed an actual Warehouse function with "goto" in its name, oops!).

There is a wee problem with teleporting the bosses to the same coordinates as the player, mainly because Barabus tends to use Earthquaker at close distance, so often you get hit with that before you even have a chance to avoid it as the challenge starts.

Also, you might want to think about placing the challenge in another level, Warehouse is starting to get a reputation as the "boring default" for all scripts (and I am to blame for furthering that reputation with my own work).  There are lots of interesting places that you can use in other levels to stage the fights.

Aside from that, I will just say that it's quite the challenge!  And the ending messages are mysterious... is that a character you plan to reveal in the mod eventually, or will he always stay a mystery?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 01/11/09 21:01

Gumby

A few things (if you need help fixing, ask):

1. Typing "loselevel" sets you back at the training level.
2. I somehow got the opening "Hell" thing to play twice, don't know how.
3. If you try to press kick without switching characters, it doesnt have an effect.

I like it though. Nice use of the fades...and you have very neat code ^_^.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#4 01/12/09 10:01

demos_kratos

Earthquaker problem, "goto" problem, "Hell plays twice" problem, "Kick without changing characters" problem.
These are fixed.

http://drop.io/demos_kratos/asset/wareh … cripts-bsl

Future plans:
   - Adding some new music
   - Replacing the whole mod to 9th chapter

As for "loselevel" problem... It's working slim adn nice on my machine.

Jente, du er deilig, du er lekker, ihvertfall nå når jeg drikker.
Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?
Kan du si meg det? Jeg er ikke så stø i sannsynlighetsregning.

Board footer