Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/10/09 08:01

paradox-01

NationStates - a chance for an Oni online RPG

NationStates - a chance for an Oni online RPG

[quote from wikipedia]: Jennifer Government: NationStates is a multiplayer nation simulation browser game.

You can create a nation and see how it will develope (depending from the questions "daily issue").

But actually I post this because their wiki covers some storytelling stuff and maybe you are interessted.

Here are a couple of links:
Daodan Virus
Angel_(Aurono_character) * **
Syndicate_(Aurono)
Scythirus (by "Kojiro")

* http://wiki.oni2.net/Oni2:Phoenix | ** http://wiki.oni2.net/Oni2:META

Last but not least:
http://www.nationstates.net/
http://www.nationstates.net/96350/page=faq

#2 01/17/09 03:01

Bad Religion

Re: NationStates - a chance for an Oni online RPG

I used to play NationStates years ago, back in like 2003-2004. Unless it's massively changed since then, I'm not sure how you could create some Oni RPG through it.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.

#3 01/17/09 13:01

paradox-01

Who said roleplay must focus on characters? I mean it could be also the WCG, a Syndicate ruled country, META, whatever-future-Oni-state.

#4 01/19/09 10:01

Bad Religion

So in other words, we'd have a bunch of supposed countries that we would try to make as Oni-like as possible?

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.

#5 01/19/09 10:01

Iritscen

Or make a WCG and turn the world into an authoritarian state wink

I personally don't have the time for political simulations, but it would be funny.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#6 07/01/09 09:07

shapeshifter

Hi everyone!

Well, hmmmm, just in case anyone still cares after 5 month, I did much of that stuff on NSwiki... Nice to see it has actually been read by someone who's involved wif all that Oni2 stuff. As long as you don't consider it copyright infringement, I'd be glad to help on the storyline. tongue

#7 07/01/09 14:07

Lithium

hey i know we someone should open an old topic every friday and see how long it lasts.

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#8 07/01/09 14:07

shapeshifter

Well, I just happened to be searching for "Daodan Virus" on google, and this forum pops up. Naturally, as the author of the stuff that is discussed here, I made an account and posted here! Not like you see it everyday that someone is talking about some fiction you wrote like 3 years ago. So, I think from my perspective, it's well worth reopening this.

#9 07/01/09 15:07

Iritscen

Sure, makes sense to me.  It's good to know who was behind that material. smile

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#10 07/01/09 16:07

Gumby

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_wcg wink I think I answered the questions about perfectly:

he Dominion of The WCG is a fledgling, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its strong anti-business politics. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 5 million are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.

The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 36%, but much higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Retail.

Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. The WCG's national animal is the daodan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the yen.

Police force, check. Black market, check. Wish there was more crime though. Oh well. Anti-buisness politics, too. Meh.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

Board footer