Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 01/01/09 04:01

A8D

Re: AE: First impressions

There is something I'd like to add...

1) For the plasma rifle, they only dodge "too well" when you shoot at an enemy that is shooting you as well from a long distance. But at closer range it seems balanced.

2) Iritscen, you said that you don't think enemies' health was raised. But...

- Either they have more health than before.
- Or some weapons (mercury bow), and especially some moves are less powerful than before. I know that some moves are meant to be so.

However, how come that back throws, which are supposed to be more powerful, clearly do less damage ?

AE : Combat System - OniGalore wrote:

Back standing throws are now deadly. Get used to it ^_^.

If you try Konoko's back-bone breaker for instance,

In original Oni it kills a blue non-elite striker with full health, in AE it doesn't. Same for other characters.

Last edited by A8D (01/01/09 05:01)

Where there's a will for Oni II, there's a way !

#27 01/01/09 05:01

Gumby

Iritscen, the health was increased. tongue

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#28 01/05/09 16:01

MysTryUssX

AE is really great!
only one bad thing is that the com guys have ninja moves:S that's pretty weared.. that's the only critic i have:)

#29 01/05/09 17:01

Iritscen

Yep, that's going to change in a future AE release.  Call it an experiment wink

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#30 02/19/09 18:02

Seeker9000

I was talking about the crouch+punch (at the same time), while standing. But the fact that it can (could ?) hit an enemy lying on the floor might have been a bug in the original Oni.

In the original Oni, the double fist punch, and the crouching uppercut could only hit enemies right after they fell down.  After an enemy had been on the floor for half a second you would miss if you tried.

The only exception to this seemed to be the elite strikers, who are so big you could often still hit them with the double fist and crouching uppercut regardless of how long they had been on the floor.

#31 02/19/09 18:02

Gumby

Seeker9000 wrote:

I was talking about the crouch+punch (at the same time), while standing. But the fact that it can (could ?) hit an enemy lying on the floor might have been a bug in the original Oni.

In the original Oni, the double fist punch, and the crouching uppercut could only hit enemies right after they fell down.  After an enemy had been on the floor for half a second you would miss if you tried.

The only exception to this seemed to be the elite strikers, who are so big you could often still hit them with the double fist and crouching uppercut regardless of how long they had been on the floor.

That must have something to do with the knockdown animations.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#32 02/19/09 18:02

Seeker9000

Gumby wrote:

That must have something to do with the knockdown animations.

Pretty much, yeah.  There was a tiny window between when the invulnerability from the knockdown ended, and the fully floored hitbox of being on the floor began that you could exploit.  I'm guessing that's what he was thinking of.

Board footer