Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 12/12/08 06:12

Elfa

first pictures

Hello, that's my first message at this forum. ^_^
So I'd like to begin with some of my pictures of Konoko.
So this is the first one:
2207d9a29e09.jpg

#2 12/12/08 09:12

Iritscen

Re: first pictures

Thanks for posting, Elfa, and welcome.  Nice job with this -- looks like you're depicting the Konoko from the opening cutscene, right?  We don't get enough art of that version of Konoko, with the long hair and all.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 12/12/08 11:12

Gumby

Woo! Long haired Konoko!

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#4 12/12/08 14:12

Elfa

You are right as I really tried to depict Mai from the opening video. That's the only way for me to understand HOW to draw her as it's rather difficult. Here's another one. Maybe you'll recognise the picture, I was trying to re-draw (is there such a word in English..? O_o) it so it's my view on it.

560b946f5385.jpg

#5 12/12/08 14:12

Iritscen

Elfa wrote:

Maybe you'll recognise the picture, I was trying to re-draw (is there such a word in English..? O_o)

Re-[any word] is a word if you want it to be.  We make up new words by adding re- all the time smile

Elfa wrote:

That's the only way for me to understand HOW to draw her as it's rather difficult.

Have you seen this guide on how to draw Konoko: http://wiki.oni2.net/Images/Concept_Art … raw_Konoko ?  That's done by Lorraine herself, the character designer for Konoko.  However, Konoko looks different when drawn by different artists.  Some of the images of her in Oni itself are done by different hands, and the opening animation is of course not drawn by her, but by Japanese studio AIC.  Some later promotional art (including the piece you re-drew above) was also drawn by others.  So, unless you decide "which" Konoko you're drawing, it can be confusing to try to work from all different images.  It would be a good idea to just decide which style you preferred and make that your Konoko (or, you could make like Guido and some other fan-artists and draw her in your own unique way).

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#6 12/12/08 14:12

Elfa

Yes, I've already seen it on another web-site (http://www.drawmanga.ru/tutors-characters/konoko.shtm ). As for me I haven't deciced yet which style I like most of all. I'm truing to study how to draw better. Unfortunately I don'h have enough time to finish my own works so it's just a collection of little pictures, which i use to do at the lessons, like this one :
e67b7f827d4f.jpg

#7 12/12/08 15:12

Elfa

And I also made some videos about Oni. It's just like some kind of addiction... This one for example: http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=dNaCiqcXrQg

#8 12/13/08 04:12

A8D

Nice work, I like your long-haired Konoko ! Maybe I should start trying ^^

What does the small text at the end of your video mean ?

Where there's a will for Oni II, there's a way !

#9 12/13/08 15:12

snowsparrow
Website

Oh wow that's some cool drawings you got there. I can never decide which hair style to draw for Konoko XD

keep drawin' big_smile

oh, and, if you don't mind me asking, are you from russia ? I've got relatives there big_smile Just noticed your signature on the second pic.

#10 12/14/08 06:12

Elfa

I'm happy that you liked my pictures:)

A8D:The phrase in the end of my video is a saying of Goethe. So in translation it is smth like "Only that person deservs life and freedom who goes fighting for them every day".
snowsparrow: Yes, I'm really from Russia. I live in Moscow. And where do your ralitives from Russis live?

And I have one more picture. Not the best one but my friend said that it looks like hentai:o
ff1121aa5940.jpg

#11 12/15/08 02:12

snowsparrow
Website

Elfa wrote:

snowsparrow: Yes, I'm really from Russia. I live in Moscow. And where do your ralitives from Russis live?

Wow, my grandfather is from Moscow big_smile And I suppose the rest of my relatives live there too, I've lost contact.

#12 12/27/08 00:12

Loser

Elfa, nice pics (maybe faces need a bit of work) but that last picture...you know that those two tiny chains have no chance to keep our beloved Mai in one place, do you?
Plus, "touch" her and you are dead ^_^'
                                                                    Loser

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#13 12/27/08 03:12

Gumby

Loser wrote:

Elfa, nice pics (maybe faces need a bit of work) but that last picture...you know that those two tiny chains have no chance to keep our beloved Mai in one place, do you?
Plus, "touch" her and you are dead ^_^'
                                                                    Loser

I think she is there willingly. wink

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

Board footer